No Opposition Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheSunGod

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2010
Bangsaphan Noi
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
I believe GWS have enough midfielders in their reserves to cover the loss of Coniglio. From my view, they might drop in to the bottom of the 8 for a couple of seasons before they challenge again.
Time will tell. No guarantees those midfielders will be of the Coniglio, Kelly standard. For the sake of footy I hope they continue to remain competitive and build a decent rusted on supporter base.

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
There is nothing wrong with the 'Gold Coast' per se, its just about winning.
Players will come if we can start winning.

Success begets success. On the positive note we've retained a number of our young core which are the only way we can get there. With them 24-25 rather than 21-22 you would hope that we could manage 6-10 wins, that sells some hope for potential recruits.

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
There is nothing wrong with the 'Gold Coast' per se, its just about winning.
Players will come if we can start winning.

Success begets success. On the positive note we've retained a number of our young core which are the only way we can get there. With them 24-25 rather than 21-22 you would hope that we could manage 6-10 wins, that sells some hope for potential recruits.
Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with the GC or the club. Once they become more consistent and can win more games, players will want to come. Fans will feel better about going to the footy.

OB11

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Heard somebody on the radio say that the Suns should get Roughead and Jordan Lewis (best mates) up to play.

To be honest both are cooked but if they wanted to come up together in some off-field roles and play together in the NEAFL that would be a real coup to develop the young kids.

SandyToes

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heard somebody on the radio say that the Suns should get Roughead and Jordan Lewis (best mates) up to play.

To be honest both are cooked but if they wanted to come up together in some off-field roles and play together in the NEAFL that would be a real coup to develop the young kids.
We need someone with a couple of years in the tank
Dream about getting Joel Selwood maybe if Geelong's premiership window closes
Hard as nails, never say die maniac

OB11

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
We need someone with a couple of years in the tank
Dream about getting Joel Selwood maybe if Geelong's premiership window closes
Hard as nails, never say die maniac
Oh I meant to get them up here in purely off-field roles. They could play NEAFL for the Sun's without taking up a senior/rookie spot (e.g. Andrew Swallow).

I heard Rough wanted to explore working in list management and Lewis strikes me as a good assistant coach in waiting.

Camsta

Team Captain
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh I meant to get them up here in purely off-field roles. They could play NEAFL for the Sun's without taking up a senior/rookie spot (e.g. Andrew Swallow).

I heard Rough wanted to explore working in list management and Lewis strikes me as a good assistant coach in waiting.
Even a cooked Roughead is better than our best forwards - a year as a 3rd fed target can’t hurt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
I'd love to see GC approach Mick Malthouse, as a Part time (could probably even complete the role from Melbourne) Director of Coaching/Coaches Coach or similar. listening to him on ABC radio each week you can tell he's still sharp as a tack, and ruthlessly logical. It's not that i don't think Dew has what it takes, but i think that the situation he's walked into as a first time coach is in is many orders of magnitude tougher than a first time coach should have to be dealing with and any bit of help that can be provided would be good.

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Even a cooked Roughead is better than our best forwards - a year as a 3rd fed target can’t hurt
Not to mention, you can't buy his kind of experience. 4 premierships. He even was giving out advice to the opposition when he was playing on a kid in the vfl. That man has leadership in spades.

nutstar

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
I see on the draft and trading board the vultures are here.. Ben king gets the rising star nomination, now he allegedly wants to go home. I don’t subscribe to that. He seems very happy but these Victorian’s are always happy to pick at a carcass

Brenton87

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see on the draft and trading board the vultures are here.. Ben king gets the rising star nomination, now he allegedly wants to go home. I don’t subscribe to that. He seems very happy but these Victorian’s are always happy to pick at a carcass
I seen it facebook aswell, my favourite quotes were:

*Sources close to him say its pretty much a done deal
*Apparently Ben has told GC he wont be signing a contract
*A late first rounder will get it done easily

The complete arrogance and self entitlement of Vics is mind boggling yet 100% expected

Brenton87

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A late first rounder will get it done easily.....pfffttt!

What planet do these bozos reside on.

He went pick 6, is under contract, has just won a Rising Star nomination but a late 1st rounder will get it done EASILY...
I know i couldn't help but have a laugh

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I seen it facebook aswell, my favourite quotes were:

*Sources close to him say its pretty much a done deal
*Apparently Ben has told GC he wont be signing a contract
*A late first rounder will get it done easily

The complete arrogance and self entitlement of Vics is mind boggling yet 100% expected
Not to mention on Footy Classified Caroline bloody Wilson was like "Ben King and Jack Lukosius refused to sign." I doubt refuse is the word I would use.

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wasnt sure where to post.
With suns members having free GA access to gabba for qclash, and lions playing well and getting good crowds, does anyone think the GA sections will not be able to cater for suns members who go up?

Top Bottom