No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't see it with Brodie. He is a decent tall inside mid, who might have some upside but he doesn't play in front of Rowell, Greenwood, Miller or Swallow. Doesn't hurt you on the score board, can't play anywhere else except in the middle has a questionable tank. I would be moving him on to the best available offer and using those wages on other areas of need.

I just don't see it with Brodie. He is a decent tall inside mid, who might have some upside but he doesn't play in front of Rowell, Greenwood, Miller or Swallow. Doesn't hurt you on the score board, can't play anywhere else except in the middle has a questionable tank. I would be moving him on to the best available offer and using those wages on other areas of need.
Yeah i agree, if he was good enough he would be in the team

He’s never had a decent chance to show it.
Must give him a run this year.

MacPherson
Holman
Ainsworth even
We like them all and it's tough to drop players but conversely it's tough keeping guys out when others are underperforming

I think DMac should get dropped on form.
To get Brodie into the team though really means dropping DMac, moving Swallow to forward/mid, and then Brodie into the guts.

Which is doable since Dave can play forward but it is more likely they bring in Lemmens for DMac and keep the mids as they are.

Bottom line is that from last year, Weller and Greenwood into the mids and Miller playing so well (much better than I thought he could) has pushed out Fiorini and Brodie (for now) and neither has shown they can play well in other positions.

Suspect we will get to see them soon, but having good selection options is what happens when a club brings in good players in the off-season and does a better job with injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think DMac should get dropped on form.
To get Brodie into the team though really means dropping DMac, moving Swallow to forward/mid, and then Brodie into the guts.

Which is doable since Dave can play forward but it is more likely they bring in Lemmens for DMac and keep the mids as they are.

Bottom line is that from last year, Weller and Greenwood into the mids and Miller playing so well (much better than I thought he could) has pushed out Fiorini and Brodie (for now) and neither has shown they can play well in other positions.

Suspect we will get to see them soon, but having good selection options is what happens when a club brings in good players in the off-season and does a better job with injuries.
I don't see any issue with having an extra rotation through the middle

If Brodie wants a run in the 1st he needs to be absolutely torching them in the 2’s - I don’t care how much interest opposition clubs have in you - if you’re that bloody good you’d be giving them no option but to put you in the 22.

If Brodie wants a run in the 1st he needs to be absolutely torching them in the 2’s - I don’t care how much interest opposition clubs have in you - if you’re that bloody good you’d be giving them no option but to put you in the 22.
ya got a point😄

Is this the standard by which all players are held though? Or is enough good enough for some?

Is this the standard by which all players are held though? Or is enough good enough for some?
Absolutely applies to all in the 22 - just can’t tell you an inside mid I would swap for Brodie right now.

not a swipe at the kid, but if he’s Rowell good he’d be in in a heartbeat

Hey folks
Has there been any word about whether tickets willbe available for our away game v Richmond at the gabba on Monday night 17/8?

tonight’s game is a lock out (just 500 fans allowed in for melb v port) to save money etc
Surely,
I'll 100% be there if we can

I cannot believe we lost to Melbourne ugh
Yeah, they played on 4 days break and played absolute s***. It looked like every kick in the first half was going to miss. Shocking. Glad I am not Demons fan. May has to be wondering.

Bulldogs yesterday were also pathetic.

This condensed schedule will server some rubbish.

The teams that have won though are the true premiership contenders. Port and Rich looked sublime. This condensed fixture will likely separate the contenders from the pretenders. Hopefully our suns are on the right side of the ledger in the next few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back