No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s from Brisbane, plus, he’s been delisted (hasn’t got a job) so I say he’d be keen to get a gig somewhere, particularly here. Surely we can cough up 200-250k, considering what some others are getting. He’s only 28, still has a good 3-4 years left.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He is from Brisbane but I'm fairly certain he and his wife are quite settled in Melbourne. Of course they're facing changes either way right now so who really knows how thing s will turn out.

Would be a decent pick up for us, but my understanding of his situation is that there isn't a reasonable offer the club could make that would get him to consider uprooting and moving outside Victoria.
Won't cost the Sun's anything to look into him though =)
I think we brought enough mature fringe, 2nd chance players (7). Time to bring a top talent through draft. I prefer to keep Leslie and Lonergan who actually could still be delisted and hopefully re-rookied as other teams may put bid on Koenen and possibly Graham.

Rischa will be re-rookied IF THEY CAN.

Otherwise, give him a coaching role and he can still play NEAFL when injuries hit. Swans2 and GWS2 regularly feature top up players. Andrew Swallow and Mick Rischitelli for a dozen NEAFL games would be great for player development while keeping space on the Rookie list for genuine Rookies.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we brought enough mature fringe, 2nd chance players (7). Time to bring a top talent through draft. I prefer to keep Leslie and Lonergan who actually could still be delisted and hopefully re-rookied as other teams may put bid on Koenen and possibly Graham.

Agree, we have enough fringe like players, Whitecross is better than than that though, much like Miles and Ellis. Also, it’s not going to disturb the tactic of taking top-end talent in the draft. They definitely need to do that

Going to the footy on Sunday Arvo is my absolute favourite time slot. Footy and some take away on the way home. Get to bed at a decent time too. Great way to finish the weekend.

Dont think many families will be keen to get home after 8 pm a sunday night with school monday?

Interstaters wont come up either unless have a long long weekend

Can not understand how we’re such favourites for the spoon over Carlton.

People rant about their injuries but almost all of their best 22 players besides docherty played at least 15 games. Ours were a lot worse

Of their top 10 in their B&F

Kade Simpson will be 35 next year

Ed Curnow will be 30

Liam Jones will be 28 but the fact he gets a game at all is worse

Sam Rowe has been delisted

Dale Thomas will be 32

Matthew Wright has retired

And Marc Murphy will be 32

realistically none of those players will be there by 2021 and most are on the decline

Compare that to us, Harbrow is the only player over 30 next season and we’ve lost no players that placed top 10 in the B&F

We also played on the road for 11 weeks in a row and we still won double the games of Carlton this year. We’re within a goal of winning 3 other games as well.

Does not make sense to be favourites for the spoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonergan pick #13 2012 draft :(
To be fair to Clayton that was an appalling draft year. Apart from Grundy after Jesse’s selection there are no other decent players I’d pick.
The issue was retention of players that weren’t up to it. We hung onto them for far too long and suffered as a result.

People rant about their injuries but almost all of their best 22 players besides docherty played at least 15 games. Ours were a lot worse

Ed Curnow will be 30

Dale Thomas will be 32

realistically none of those players will be there by 2021 and most are on the decline

Compare that to us, Harbrow is the only player over 30 next season and we’ve lost no players that placed top 10 in the B&F

We also played on the road for 11 weeks in a row and we still won double the games of Carlton this year. We’re within a goal of winning 3 other games as well.

If Australian bookies let you ‘short’ a market I would be for sure

Ed Curnow will be 30

Dale Thomas will be 32

I agree with you, but to be fair you've missed Hanley and Rischitelli in the over 30s bracket. The fact is, we've lost a lot of experience and the bookies are looking at what's going out while we're evaluating what's coming in. Our list will be the youngest in the comp, with the next eldest after the 3 guys in their 30s being Rory Thompson at 27 and he is a year older than the next blokes who are 26. From there we have 4 or 5 guys in every age bracket.

Carlton's list is hot garbage and if they don't finish last again it won't be because the Suns are awful it will be because another team has crashed and burned. I predict another season like 2017 where the bottom 4 teams are competitive and winning 6 or more games, while I highly doubt we'll see another 12 teams finishing the season with 12 or more wins.

Looks like we aren't getting an NT game next year either with Melbourne hosting WC at Alice Springs and Adelaide in Darwin.

Just got to give Tas the boot next year and we should have a great year travel wise.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with you, but to be fair you've missed Hanley and Rischitelli in the over 30s bracket. The fact is, we've lost a lot of experience and the bookies are looking at what's going out while we're evaluating what's coming in. Our list will be the youngest in the comp, with the next eldest after the 3 guys in their 30s being Rory Thompson at 27 and he is a year older than the next blokes who are 26. From there we have 4 or 5 guys in every age bracket.

Carlton's list is hot garbage and if they don't finish last again it won't be because the Suns are awful it will be because another team has crashed and burned. I predict another season like 2017 where the bottom 4 teams are competitive and winning 6 or more games, while I highly doubt we'll see another 12 teams finishing the season with 12 or more wins.
Meant over 30 from the B&F but Agree on all points

Confirmed by the club over their email newsletter. Round 15 against St Kilda up in Townsville.
Not on my wishlist as this will shift the game to the dry season, but quite a clever move by the AFL. It will probably rain anyway.

Just listened to Whitecross on Time On with Sam Macklure, if we don’t get him, Hodgey and Lions will. A must have!

I have a feeling that the Lions will be in the box seat with Hodge and Fagan, although it is worth mentioning that Stuart Dew and Whitecross played together - in fact, it was Whitecross' first 10 games in Dew's final season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back