No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

GCSportsBuzz

Senior List
Oct 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m now convinced that Suns will (and should) take Lukosius and Rozee as picks 2 & 3 and Caldwell at 6 in the upcoming draft. I know many would like Rankine before Rozee, but from the bits you hear about him, he would be the biggest flight risk. Plus Lukosius & Rozee have been best mates since they were 12, so they would help settle each other in under the guidance of Shaun Hart.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anybody out there know what are the best days, times and locations to watch the guys at pre season practice? I'd like to check out the newbies as soon as we know who they are all going to be. Looking forward (weirdly) to 2019.

SunsGal

Senior List
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anybody out there know what are the best days, times and locations to watch the guys at pre season practice? I'd like to check out the newbies as soon as we know who they are all going to be. Looking forward (weirdly) to 2019.
I'm sure the main session was always on a Thursday, not sure if that will have changed... but they did post that training video on Friday this time

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

If you are a member just email the club and someone from the club will meet you at the gate and take you in

SunsGal

Senior List
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Who is heading to the foundation member function next week for some draft insights? Wonder how much they'll actually share with us...

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i want to ask them two questions why do we kick backwards and why don't we kick more instead of handballing:think:

Ha ha make sure you tell everyone what section you sit in and what a legend you are in that section and please please please share with everyone who you went for before the Suns came along.
It’s imperstive you waste at least a minute of everyone’s lives before asking that question

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Ha ha make sure you tell everyone what section you sit in and what a legend you are in that section and please please please share with everyone who you went for before the Suns came along.
It’s imperstive you waste at least a minute of everyone’s lives before asking that question
Can they flash this on a PowerPoint for the crowd before the Q&A part of the night begins

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i want to ask them two questions why do we kick backwards and why don't we kick more instead of handballing:think:

Is there anything wrong when you take a mark with just standing holding up play and having a good look and if nothings on just barrelling a 60 yard(sic) torp?
This play on at all costs thing is just mad
I used to support Richmond before the Suns and Jim Jess would often pose for photos after a top grab before kicking it

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Is there anything wrong when you take a mark with just standing holding up play and having a good look and if nothings on just barrelling a 60 yard(sic) torp?
I used to support Richmond before the Suns and Jim Jess would often pose for photos after a top grab before kicking it

If we could win one on ones then it’s not the worst option. Just trip it from the back wing up towards the 50. Problem is got to be so quick to defend if it turns over.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A couple of things. There's that stupid rule about getting too close to the marking player, so why not get mids with a close tag to run into that zone and draw their man in a 50m penalty? I used to follow the Bears, but they were hot garbage, so in finals I'd go for Hawthorn because of Jason Dunstall. Gary Buckenara only did one good thing, while Jim Stynes only did won bad thing. Hell of a game but! If Dunstall hadn't have been so selfless and dished off so many passes to players in better position, he'd have kicked 1500 goals. But Hawthorn probably wouldn't have won so many premierships.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So, what do you all think is going to happen in the next 5 days? I have some thoughts-

1. Nothing. Suns pick in their assigned order and no shenanigans. Even the Rookie Draft is predictable with 4 returning players, a free agent and an Academy Player

2. Everything. Pick trades before the Draft, live pick trades, players dramatically not re-rookied. Take your pick because it's 8 terrible choices and everybody hates the world.

3. Riots. Pick #2 gets traded to the Crows and the city burns. Memberships get microwaved, the merch shops get inundated with returns and the Suns have 6 picks inside #21. Crows trade future for Lukosius.

OUT - #2, #24, #29
IN - #8, #13, #16, #21

4. The Bromance. Pick #3 gets traded to Port and Suns fans get Lukosius and Rozee anyway.

OUT - #3, #29
IN - #5, #10

5. Trading back. Suns go back from #6 in a watered down version of option 3. Still select 4 South Australian kids

OUT - #6, #29
IN - #8, #16

6. The Side-Deal. Unhappy to cave into the Tigers so easily over Lynch, the Suns trigger a live trade agreement to go up and get Richmond's pick #17 in order to snag Jez McLennan.

OUT - #24, #29
IN - #17, #64

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So, what do you all think is going to happen in the next 5 days? I have some thoughts-

1. Nothing. Suns pick in their assigned order and no shenanigans. Even the Rookie Draft is predictable with 4 returning players, a free agent and an Academy Player

2. Everything. Pick trades before the Draft, live pick trades, players dramatically not re-rookied. Take your pick because it's 8 terrible choices and everybody hates the world.

3. Riots. Pick #2 gets traded to the Crows and the city burns. Memberships get microwaved, the merch shops get inundated with returns and the Suns have 6 picks inside #21. Crows trade future for Lukosius.

OUT - #2, #24, #29
IN - #8, #13, #16, #21

4. The Bromance. Pick #3 gets traded to Port and Suns fans get Lukosius and Rozee anyway.

OUT - #3, #29
IN - #5, #10

5. Trading back. Suns go back from #6 in a watered down version of option 3. Still select 4 South Australian kids

OUT - #6, #29
IN - #8, #16

6. The Side-Deal. Unhappy to cave into the Tigers so easily over Lynch, the Suns trigger a live trade agreement to go up and get Richmond's pick #17 in order to snag Jez McLennan.

OUT - #24, #29
IN - #17, #64

Its a 1. for me. Suns management wont have the balls to move they’re top picks.
Incase another Clayton Oliver bites us.

I personally think 4.
Would be best for the club long term.
And end up with same player as pick 5.

SunsGal

Senior List
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

OUT - #2, #24, #29
IN - #8, #13, #16, #21

OUT - #3, #29
IN - #5, #10

OUT - #6, #29
IN - #8, #16

OUT - #24, #29
IN - #17, #64
Hopefully we get some insight on Tuesday night

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty sure I read somewhere the current picks are now locked in since the 16/11/18 until the draft under AFL rules. No swapping of picks allowed now until draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back