No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Clarko's got a really great family, so they were able to host us really well"

You were at a restaurant Jack.
Maybe Clarko sent his wife and kids into the kitchen to whip up the meal.

I don't quite know where to start with this 20yo on 400k per yr who missed his family so much he just had to go home.
Maybe I'll start by letting him know how others survive in the real world.
My step son is on his way home today from Taipei, having represented his Country in the World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships. He lives in a 1 br apartment by himself in Bangkok, 200klms from here, so he can continue to train with the Thai national team. He goes to school there, he looks after himself there, he doesn't earn any income. We get to see him maybe 4 days per year when he is given time off to see his family. He does this all so he can follow his passion....

Oh yeah I forgot to mention.....he is 16 years of age.

I have no time for the Scrimshaws of the world....

New rule for the recruitment department - if a prospect uses the word "surreal" without any hint of its actual meaning that's a red flag right there. It's absolutely no wonder that these kids have all been flushed out of the club, including man-child Lynch. They are rubbish at communicating! In contrast with Touk Miller, Lachie Weller, Alex Sexton, guys Jack Scrimshaw and Tom Lynch were just useless, thoughtless twits. Even introverted guys like Jarrad Harbrow, David Swallow and Sam Day have learnt how to give thoughtful and considered interviews, despite often being uncomfortable.

Bringing in high character recruits has been the mantra and so far I like what I see. I am really going to enjoy seeing Scrimshaw, Hall, Lynch, Kolodjashnij and May playing for Victorian teams next season because the minute any and each of them has a bad trot the media wolves will eat them alive.

Sorry ignorant question, is Taekwondo Poomsae the same as taekwondo?
Your step son must have worked very hard to make it so far, was he happy with his performance?

I don't quite know where to start with this 20yo on 400k per yr who missed his family so much he just had to go home.
My step son is on his way home today from Taipei, having represented his Country in the World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships. He lives in a 1 br apartment by himself in Bangkok, 200klms from here, so he can continue to train with the Thai national team. He goes to school there, he looks after himself there, he doesn't earn any income. We get to see him maybe 4 days per year when he is given time off to see his family. He does this all so he can follow his passion....

My step son is on his way home today from Taipei, having represented his Country in the World Taekwondo Poomsae Chamionships. He lives in a 1 br apartment by himself in Bangkok, 200klms from here, so he can continue to train with the Thai national team. He goes to school there, he looks after himself there, he doesn't earn any income. We get to see him maybe 4 days per year when he is given time off to see his family. He does this all so he can follow his passion....

If you didn't already know, Scrimshaw GAVE UP $400K a year to go to the Hawks for minimum wage. If your step-son gave up half a million dollars or more because he was homesick would your missus have time of day for him?

Sorry ignorant question, is Taekwondo Poomsae the same as taekwondo?
Your step son must have worked very hard to make it so far, was he happy with his performance?

Poomsae is the "artistic" side of Taekwondo. They do not fight in the Poomsae side of Taekwondo.

In competition they have to make all the different moves that a Taekwondo fighter may make in his bout. My step-son started out about 7yrs ago with his local Club here and progressed through the grades and after acquiring his black belt, was invited to join the Thai national team, where he concentrates solely on Poomsae now. He has been living in Bangkok since January, 2017. This photo was taken at the Worlds on Friday. He's the bloke in the middle holding the flag. Don't know how to enlarge the photo. Hope it can be seen ok.
585492_b216c6701c8c0020a19eb76846c6f3f4_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• Top at Taipei.jpg
    Top at Taipei.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 22
Good on him.
Great that we've got a supporter base from such a wide variety of backgrounds.

Poomsae is the "artistic" side of Taekwondo. They do not fight in the Poomsae side of Taekwondo.

In competition they have to make all the different moves that a Taekwondo fighter may make in his bout. My step-son started out about 7yrs ago with his local Club here and progressed through the grades and after acquiring his black belt, was invited to join the Thai national team, where he concentrates solely on Poomsae now. He has been living in Bangkok since January, 2017. This photo was taken at the Worlds on Friday. He's the bloke in the middle holding the flag. Don't know how to enlarge the photo. Hope it can be seen ok.
585492_b216c6701c8c0020a19eb76846c6f3f4_thumb.jpg

If you didn't already know, Scrimshaw GAVE UP $400K a year to go to the Hawks for minimum wage. If your step-son gave up half a million dollars or more because he was homesick would your missus have time of day for him?

Sorry the question is irrelevent as he wouldn't ever receive that amount .
But taking an educated guess, I would say (a) he doesn't get homesick or more to the point, he doesn't need to come home. (b) he will do his Mother's wishes. (c) his mother will always have the time of day for her son but he would definitely get an ear-bashing from her if he gives up on his dream, just so he can live at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so, a membership question
I'm a silver member and have been for 7 years now having joined when I moved to the coast.
looking at the membership categories, and the seating plan, I can see where Gold and Silver sections are, and where GA sections are.

Gold.PNG Silver.PNG GA.PNG

Why cant I buy a reserved seat in the top left of the picture, highlighted yellow?
why.PNG

I know that Auskick folks sit here (those playing on the day at half time), but its not chock a block
I want to sit there dammit!

Ellis is number 17, and Miles is running around in number 2

http://m.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2018-11-19/suns-tv-ellis-interview
Looks like I'll either be shelling out for a new jersey or a few rounds into the season I'll be looking like a genius. Good on you, Corey. Prove the doubters wrong and kill it with your second chance.

I'll just keep trusty old #17 on mothballs in case Maysie can't stand the cold in mouldy old Melbourne and comes back to the Suns one day.

I'm a silver member and have been for 7 years now having joined when I moved to the coast.
looking at the membership categories, and the seating plan, I can see where Gold and Silver sections are, and where GA sections are.

View attachment 586160 View attachment 586162 View attachment 586164

Why cant I buy a reserved seat in the top left of the picture, highlighted yellow?
View attachment 586166

I know that Auskick folks sit here (those playing on the day at half time), but its not chock a block
I'm sure you could ring and ask

So, what do you all think is going to happen in the next 5 days? I have some thoughts-

1. Nothing. Suns pick in their assigned order and no shenanigans. Even the Rookie Draft is predictable with 4 returning players, a free agent and an Academy Player

2. Everything. Pick trades before the Draft, live pick trades, players dramatically not re-rookied. Take your pick because it's 8 terrible choices and everybody hates the world.

3. Riots. Pick #2 gets traded to the Crows and the city burns. Memberships get microwaved, the merch shops get inundated with returns and the Suns have 6 picks inside #21. Crows trade future for Lukosius.

OUT - #2, #24, #29
IN - #8, #13, #16, #21

4. The Bromance. Pick #3 gets traded to Port and Suns fans get Lukosius and Rozee anyway.

OUT - #3, #29
IN - #5, #10

5. Trading back. Suns go back from #6 in a watered down version of option 3. Still select 4 South Australian kids

OUT - #6, #29
IN - #8, #16

6. The Side-Deal. Unhappy to cave into the Tigers so easily over Lynch, the Suns trigger a live trade agreement to go up and get Richmond's pick #17 in order to snag Jez McLennan.

OUT - #24, #29
IN - #17, #64
Replies mainly in favour of option 1, although a bit of love for option 4.

Last year it would have been unanimous option 2, lock it in Eddie, burn it all!

I put option 5 to our resident Crow antagonist, Kristof, who went for it hook line and sinker. However, the popular predictions in mock drafts have Rozee still on the table at #6 and the Suns on the clock. Lukosius, Rankine AND Rozee sorts out the Bromancers with a kicker, but what about if he's not there and #6 goes on sale.

Can we find a winner?

Option A - Psych! Suns pick the SA Trio with their first 3 picks and shut up shop until Day 2.

OR

Option B - Auction time. Pick #6 for sale to either Port, GWS or the Crows with or without Rozee on the table.

Downside to A is that #24 and #29 are going to seriously drift when bids come in for Blakey, Thomas, Quaynor, West and co. Possibility that they wind up becoming #30 and #31 or thereabouts and the choices start to thin out.

Downside to B is that every pick after #6 is likely to drift out by several places, so #8 and #16 from the Crows becomes more like #9 and #20. Moving back 3 spots in the top 10 brings in our 5th pick forward by 10 or 12 spots, but is it enough to justify a shot at an elite 8 pick?

View attachment 586160 View attachment 586162 View attachment 586164

View attachment 586166

I know right!!!
I would love to sit on that side of the ground.

So, what do you all think is going to happen in the next 5 days? I have some thoughts-

1. Nothing. Suns pick in their assigned order and no shenanigans. Even the Rookie Draft is predictable with 4 returning players, a free agent and an Academy Player

2. Everything. Pick trades before the Draft, live pick trades, players dramatically not re-rookied. Take your pick because it's 8 terrible choices and everybody hates the world.

3. Riots. Pick #2 gets traded to the Crows and the city burns. Memberships get microwaved, the merch shops get inundated with returns and the Suns have 6 picks inside #21. Crows trade future for Lukosius.

OUT - #2, #24, #29
IN - #8, #13, #16, #21

4. The Bromance. Pick #3 gets traded to Port and Suns fans get Lukosius and Rozee anyway.

OUT - #3, #29
IN - #5, #10

5. Trading back. Suns go back from #6 in a watered down version of option 3. Still select 4 South Australian kids

OUT - #6, #29
IN - #8, #16

6. The Side-Deal. Unhappy to cave into the Tigers so easily over Lynch, the Suns trigger a live trade agreement to go up and get Richmond's pick #17 in order to snag Jez McLennan.

OUT - #24, #29
IN - #17, #64
4 as well.

Will you be able to post a "rundown" tomorrow sometime?
Not a lot to tell, and certainly didn't learn anything new other than I suspect the average age of the foundation members is around 65 and they don't mind a bit of free pizza. Very shitful effort for a function in my opinion and I'm usually easily pleased. Dave Swallow was there, seems like the captaincy hasn't even been mentioned yet but he is happy to have Andrew around this year. He did agree he'd be pretty busy if he had the captaincy as well. Wittsy and Touk where the only other players there.... makes me wonder if that's our leadership right there. Touk is impressed by the new blokes, says they all work hard and are good guys. As for the official insights, absolutely nothing new. Smoke and mirrors, '5 picks in the top 30 is a good hand' and 'can't wait to welcome 5 or 6 lads on Sunday'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back