No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a lot to tell, and certainly didn't learn anything new other than I suspect the average age of the foundation members is around 65 and they don't mind a bit of free pizza. Very shitful effort for a function in my opinion and I'm usually easily pleased. Dave Swallow was there, seems like the captaincy hasn't even been mentioned yet but he is happy to have Andrew around this year. He did agree he'd be pretty busy if he had the captaincy as well. Wittsy and Touk where the only other players there.... makes me wonder if that's our leadership right there. Touk is impressed by the new blokes, says they all work hard and are good guys. As for the official insights, absolutely nothing new. Smoke and mirrors, '5 picks in the top 30 is a good hand' and 'can't wait to welcome 5 or 6 lads on Sunday'

Thanks SunsGal.....I can picture that scene perfectly and I’m overcome with feelings of awkwardness as that’s how I tend to find those Members evenings.

Last edited:
Not a lot to tell, and certainly didn't learn anything new other than I suspect the average age of the foundation members is around 65 and they don't mind a bit of free pizza. Very shitful effort for a function in my opinion and I'm usually easily pleased. Dave Swallow was there, seems like the captaincy hasn't even been mentioned yet but he is happy to have Andrew around this year. He did agree he'd be pretty busy if he had the captaincy as well. Wittsy and Touk where the only other players there.... makes me wonder if that's our leadership right there. Touk is impressed by the new blokes, says they all work hard and are good guys. As for the official insights, absolutely nothing new. Smoke and mirrors, '5 picks in the top 30 is a good hand' and 'can't wait to welcome 5 or 6 lads on Sunday'
I'd be a big fan of not having a leadership group of 10 people.

Thanks for that. :thumbsu:

Looks like I made the right decision not to get an airfare home....reads like a disappointing event....but good to see Swallow Touk and Wittsy in attendance..
I actually think Andrew Swallow will be a big plus for us...glad he's come on board.

Thanks for that. :thumbsu:

Looks like I made the right decision not to get an airfare home....reads like a disappointing event....but good to see Swallow Touk and Wittsy in attendance..
I actually think Andrew Swallow will be a big plus for us...glad he's come on board.
Wasn't even worth the drive to be honest. But agree and looking forward to having Andrew on board, for Dave as well

I don't quite know where to start with this 20yo on 400k per yr who missed his family so much he just had to go home.
Maybe I'll start by letting him know how others survive in the real world.
My step son is on his way home today from Taipei, having represented his Country in the World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships. He lives in a 1 br apartment by himself in Bangkok, 200klms from here, so he can continue to train with the Thai national team. He goes to school there, he looks after himself there, he doesn't earn any income. We get to see him maybe 4 days per year when he is given time off to see his family. He does this all so he can follow his passion....

Oh yeah I forgot to mention.....he is 16 years of age.

I have no time for the Scrimshaws of the world....
As a Dad ..and a Step Dad … I can see this kid is being raised right..
Kids need to look after themselves - and be themselves even if they aren't the sharpest tool in the shed ! (sorry Thurls - couldn't resist that :D)
Also hope Jack Scrimshaw has a long football career - he's a fine kid as well.

so, a membership question
I'm a silver member and have been for 7 years now having joined when I moved to the coast.
looking at the membership categories, and the seating plan, I can see where Gold and Silver sections are, and where GA sections are.

View attachment 586160 View attachment 586162 View attachment 586164

Why cant I buy a reserved seat in the top left of the picture, highlighted yellow?
View attachment 586166

I know that Auskick folks sit here (those playing on the day at half time), but its not chock a block
I want to sit there dammit!
My understanding is these seats are reserved for player family and guests , invited parties and staff ..but don't quote me..

Wasn't even worth the drive to be honest. But agree and looking forward to having Andrew on board, for Dave as well
Same Old -Same Old ..can understand it I suppose - they're not likely to want to publicly release massive new changes/ improvements.

I wonder how many times footage of Dave tackling Andy in 2017 in the forward 50 at Metricon has been/will be shown this offseason? He didn't just bury him, but won the free kick and sent it back over big bro's head for a goal. It was, for mine, the death knell of Andrew Swallow's playing career - too old, too slow, no longer best 22 etc. But I think he's more than likely self-assured enough to cop it from baby bro.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2017/15/gcfc-v-nmfc

My understanding is these seats are reserved for player family and guests , invited parties and staff ..but don't quote me..
I thought players family and guests sat in the corporate section. Either the lounge areas or the deck areas.

In the first few years of the club i was lucky enough to have access to a corporate lounge ticket and would see the rehab/reserves players sitting there and often family members. Maybe they changed it

Same Old -Same Old ..can understand it I suppose - they're not likely to want to publicly release massive new changes/ improvements.
"On the night you will hear from club officials as they provide an exclusive trade period recap, as well as a preview of the 2018 NAB AFL draft"
Nothing new or exclusive, it's all been released by Suns media already...

As a Dad ..and a Step Dad … I can see this kid is being raised right..
Kids need to look after themselves - and be themselves even if they aren't the sharpest tool in the shed ! (sorry Thurls - couldn't resist that :D)
Also hope Jack Scrimshaw has a long football career - he's a fine kid as well.
And Grandad... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears as though Daisy Pearce has got form when it comes to saying thoughtless rubbish when it comes to speaking off the field. Here's her statement about transgender player, Hannah Mouncey.

“I don’t say this in offence to Hannah, but she’s not the most skilful player that will come into the competition, but for mine that almost poses more of a safety risk in that if you’re coaching someone who is in the mid-range in terms of skill, what’s the first thing you tell them?

“They get picked to go out there and be physical. She’s not aggressive and doesn’t play in that way that she would intentionally go out to hurt someone.

“But if you’re getting told we’ll pick you if you go in there and throw your weight around, then that could pose a risk if it’s coached into her.”

Pearce had been trying to defend Mouncey’s right to play in the AFLW but finished up basically repeating sexist and poorly thought out arguments.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl...he-aflw-transgender/d6ad73v27azd14dy03rorhaq3

She's having twins in March, so I doubt she'll be around much over Summer or next season in either AFLW or the AFL season. I'm really disappointed she could be that stupid because she's one of the best female footy commentators around and basically the first to become a household name as a playing commentator. I'm going to put this one down to "Baby brain" and a bit of immaturity around a couple of seasoned veterans who know when the timing's right to hang a harmless bucket of s**t over the Suns and when to pull their punches. I still expect her to apologise though - you wonder if she hasn't already done so in private and Harbs insisted she needn't go any further?

It appears as though Daisy Pearce has got form when it comes to saying thoughtless rubbish when it comes to speaking off the field. Here's her statement about transgender player, Hannah Mouncey.

“I don’t say this in offence to Hannah, but she’s not the most skilful player that will come into the competition, but for mine that almost poses more of a safety risk in that if you’re coaching someone who is in the mid-range in terms of skill, what’s the first thing you tell them?

“They get picked to go out there and be physical. She’s not aggressive and doesn’t play in that way that she would intentionally go out to hurt someone.

“But if you’re getting told we’ll pick you if you go in there and throw your weight around, then that could pose a risk if it’s coached into her.”

Pearce had been trying to defend Mouncey’s right to play in the AFLW but finished up basically repeating sexist and poorly thought out arguments.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl...he-aflw-transgender/d6ad73v27azd14dy03rorhaq3

She's having twins in March, so I doubt she'll be around much over Summer or next season in either AFLW or the AFL season. I'm really disappointed she could be that stupid because she's one of the best female footy commentators around and basically the first to become a household name as a playing commentator. I'm going to put this one down to "Baby brain" and a bit of immaturity around a couple of seasoned veterans who know when the timing's right to hang a harmless bucket of s**t over the Suns and when to pull their punches. I still expect her to apologise though - you wonder if she hasn't already done so in private and Harbs insisted she needn't go any further?
I think it would be very difficult to have to comment publicly about that situation. I’m sure a lot of people would put a foot in their mouth.

I think it would be very difficult to have to comment publicly about that situation. I’m sure a lot of people would put a foot in their mouth.
My point is that she has this propensity to begin statements with words like "No offence, but" and then go on to say the most offensive thing possible. It is a really poor strategy and it will end her career one day when she chooses a target who will stomp on her. Hannah Mouncey and Jarrod Harbrow are two easy targets because Mouncey doesn't have the agency to reply and Harbrow is too classy to take her to task.

My point is that she has this propensity to begin statements with words like "No offence, but" and then go on to say the most offensive thing possible. It is a really poor strategy and it will end her career one day when she chooses a target who will stomp on her. Hannah Mouncey and Jarrod Harbrow are two easy targets because Mouncey doesn't have the agency to reply and Harbrow is too classy to take her to task.

Let’s move on from the negative Daisy talk, we’ve got a lot of positive vibes happening around the new set up and the draftees, lots to look forward to

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quick rationale. Players in the first column are incumbent. Instead of naming an interchange, I've added an extra inside mid, outside mid, high half forward and ruckman to the first 22. I've named player roles by their modern tags rather than traditional Xs and Os. With incoming data, I will be duplicating players across roles. For example, Ben King is sitting in a group of 7 key defenders, so it makes sense to see where he sits in the key forwards. Wright and Day will also go on the depth chart as ruckmen, along with Jack Leslie and Rory Thompson.
Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 7.59.13 pm.png

Quick rationale. Players in the first column are incumbent. Instead of naming an interchange, I've added an extra inside mid, outside mid, high half forward and ruckman to the first 22. I've named player roles by their modern tags rather than traditional Xs and Os. With incoming data, I will be duplicating players across roles. For example, Ben King is sitting in a group of 7 key defenders, so it makes sense to see where he sits in the key forwards. Wright and Day will also go on the depth chart as ruckmen, along with Jack Leslie and Rory Thompson.
View attachment 590077

Thanks mate, great job. I need to digest it now and move a few players around. Thx for the hard work.

Thanks mate, great job. I need to digest it now and move a few players around. Thx for the hard work.

Knock yourself out. As I said, I'll be releasing a true depth chart once I have more information about players with 2 genuine positions. I'll be doing that partly based on feedback from people like yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back