No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Although I can not publicly say that I agree to the witchhunt ideology, it is very interesting to note their FB page has been shut down ;):thumbsu:
I am alway wary of one side of a story, if what was posted is correct then it is abhorrent but only “if”

Maybe a poor example but ever notice that anyone going slow in Traffic is a moron and anyone speeding a maniac, not everything is black and white

Reply to Sun Stormer, Part 1

ESSENDON:
Adam Saad – the key to the Bomber’s attacking thrusts from half back. Gave him away for peanuts – who did we get?

Saady was a Rookie Draft selection, so we basically got him for free and then traded him for a 2nd Round pick which became half of the points to get Jez McLennan.

BRISBANE:
Jarryd Lyons – Did we get a trade pick or player? Gave him away too quickly and for what gained?

Lyons was part of a salary dump that will allow the Suns to hold over money for a Gun in FA.

MELBOURNE:
Stephen May – Not sorry to see the end of him either but did we gain or lose from the deal?
Kade Kolodjashnij - you forgot this guy, but he forgot his own twin's birthday, so you are forgiven

Maysie had some personal problems that were postcode oriented, so he broke his contract and bailed.
KK was bundled in a trade, which considering he was drafted at #6 and May was a zone selection, getting pick #6 and spending it on Ben King has quite a lot of upside.

RICHMOND:
Tom Lynch – OK, the AFL gave us Pick 3 but who did we get from Richmond.

On the face of it, Lynch walked and the Suns folded like a banana lounge, but the truth is somewhat more satisfying. Faced with the Suns threatening to match their bid, the Tigers promised to trade a couple of fringe players if the Suns took #3 for Lunch. Then, the Tigers traded their future 3rd round pick with Corey Ellis and Anthony Miles for our future 3rd round pick, essentially selling a pair of AFL standard players for moving up a few spots in the 3rd round. Did I mention we picked Izak Rankine with the compensation pick?
I'm just asking to clarify is it Jez Mclennan = saad, abblett, Matera pick . Hard shoes to fill.

I'm just asking to clarify is it Jez Mclennan = saad, abblett, Matera pick . Hard shoes to fill.
No, Jez McLennan was one of the most complicated trade histories ever. Sufficed to say it was expensive in terms of points, but worth it according to the guys in the room. If you want to know more, look it up yourself.

Why worry retrospectively about drafts? Find us some good picks in the upcoming draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Part of the eternal air of pessimism that hovers over this forum is that we've been dudded in the trades, but the truth is we've actually rebuilt through the trades. It takes proof for some to become optimists, but others don't want to be educated.

By the way, the Suns 1st round pick in the Draft comes from retrospective trades that go back years. It is cursed, but we traded the cursed part to the Lions. Apparently.

Reply to Sun Stormer, Part 2

GEELONG:
Gary Ablett – Currently considered a chance for All Australian and Brownlow! Who did we get in return for one of the best players of all time?

The AFL used one of their compo magic tricks and gave Geelong an end of 1st Round compensation pick for losing Motlop, which was then traded to the Suns and used to pick Wil Powell. It wasn't a straight swap, but close enough.

Caddy – too long ago and hadn’t really shown his worth but what did we get for him

Josh Caddy* traded to the Cats for a 1st round compensation pick and pick #57 Kyal Horsley. The Suns traded the first rounder with Tom Hickey to St Kilda for 3 picks that became Jesse Lonergan, Greg Broughton and Tim Sumner. This is a prime reason why people hate Scott Clayton, although the 4 players did arguably bring more collectively than the Peahearted one.

Zac Smith – Hasn’t performed but at the time was considered a potential top ruckman. Who did we get?

Zac Smith was traded to Geelong for the picks that were used on Mackenzie Willis and Dan Currie.

NORTH MELBOURNE:
Aaron Hall - Not sorry to see him go but did we get anything or anyone worthwhile for him?

Hally was traded for a late pick which was used in a trade, but basically allowed us to draft Caleb Graham, while Hall's career is likely over.

WEST COAST:
Matera – Currently an early pick in their team selection and even made the State of Origin ‘phantom’s team in the last few days. Who did we get for him?

Matera was traded for a future 3rd, but would have been delisted for behavioural issues anyhow. Was part of the points that bought Jez McLennan.
I love this stuff because I can never track it and who does summaries like these?
Ever?
Thanks Seventeener :thumbsu:

Reply to Sun Stormer, Part 2

GEELONG:
Gary Ablett – Currently considered a chance for All Australian and Brownlow! Who did we get in return for one of the best players of all time?

The AFL used one of their compo magic tricks and gave Geelong an end of 1st Round compensation pick for losing Motlop, which was then traded to the Suns and used to pick Wil Powell. It wasn't a straight swap, but close enough.

Caddy – too long ago and hadn’t really shown his worth but what did we get for him

Josh Caddy* traded to the Cats for a 1st round compensation pick and pick #57 Kyal Horsley. The Suns traded the first rounder with Tom Hickey to St Kilda for 3 picks that became Jesse Lonergan, Greg Broughton and Tim Sumner. This is a prime reason why people hate Scott Clayton, although the 4 players did arguably bring more collectively than the Peahearted one.

Zac Smith – Hasn’t performed but at the time was considered a potential top ruckman. Who did we get?

Zac Smith was traded to Geelong for the picks that were used on Mackenzie Willis and Dan Currie.

NORTH MELBOURNE:
Aaron Hall - Not sorry to see him go but did we get anything or anyone worthwhile for him?

Hally was traded for a late pick which was used in a trade, but basically allowed us to draft Caleb Graham, while Hall's career is likely over.

WEST COAST:
Matera – Currently an early pick in their team selection and even made the State of Origin ‘phantom’s team in the last few days. Who did we get for him?

Matera was traded for a future 3rd, but would have been delisted for behavioural issues anyhow. Was part of the points that bought Jez McLennan.
I get what you are saying i but i've always thought to look at it purely as a draft pick because that's what the deal was not the player you drafted with it. Eg. If Freo traded Fyfe for pick 40 after his second year and that pick was a exciting star in his first season you would call that a success but then realise after Fyfe becomes a gun you made a mistake and should've been worth a much higher pick. I think you have to look for it purely as a trade to pick (unless actual players were traded for which is rare.)

Think our trading been good on a purely pick POV though

the chapters are still open on some of these trades based on whether the recruits we got for the trades we did stay or go and then if they go who we get in return. Does Ben King stay, Jez McLennan etc and if they do then we can rate them on what they deliver to us ongoing

Bennell was traded to Freo with #22 for #16 and #35 in the 2015 Draft, where the Suns picked Brayden Fiorini, while Freo picked Darcy Tucker. At the time, this seemed like a really poor exchange with the Dockers treating us to a niggardly offer, but the Suns had the last laugh. #35 was traded forward and became a part of the West Coast 2018 1st round pick trade*.

First time I've seen this word. What does it mean?
I'm joining the thousands who have been taught to master the English language by 17er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I though GCS won the Bennell deal but then give it to somebody.

First time I've seen this word. What does it mean?
I'm joining the thousands who have been taught to master the English language by 17er.
Because of their terrible draft history, Freo have adopted a niggardly approach to drafting where they always have to win and they piss off their trade partners. It is all in the context. They offered unders for Bennell, but they got a dud.

Because of their terrible draft history, Freo have adopted a niggardly approach to drafting where they always have to win and they ******** their trade partners. It is all in the context. They offered unders for Bennell, but they got a dud.
Yes I pretty much got the gist of the sentence - google says synonym of ungenerous. I understand now.

Yes I pretty much got the gist of the sentence - google says synonym of ungenerous. I understand now.
completely unrelated to the racial slur with similar sound and spelling btw
The racial slur derives from the latin niger meaning black or dark man
nigard probably evolved from norse saxon language
It's a great word but has fallen out of favour other than as a crossword clue especially in the USA where anyone using it is accused of being a racist
Because they're stupid

On Macquarie Sports Radio this morning the host who’s first name is Clinton (I don’t know his last name) when it was mentioned we are now coming last went into a sporting wasteland and move them To Tasmania spiel. Anyone know this imbecile last name? He needs to be on the hate list for death trolling us.
He was hosting the program with Jamie Soward ex-NRL player.

On Macquarie Sports Radio this morning the host who’s first name is Clinton (I don’t know his last name) when it was mentioned we are now coming last went into a sporting wasteland and move them To Tasmania spiel. Anyone know this imbecile last name? He needs to be on the hate list for death trolling us.
He was hosting the program with Jamie Soward ex-NRL player.
Clinton Maynard I believe. Knows sweet FA about AFL so I wouldn’t worry too much about him.

The moderators of this forum have requested that I be banned permanently from Big Footy and the powers that be have upheld their application. So, the bullies have won again. It's a pathetic decision and weak as piss on the Mods behalf. You know where to find me and evidently my mailbox still works. Thanks to those who have supported me and it is best left unsaid what I think of the bullies who have campaigned so hard to get rid of me for so long.

Mr Bods, it's up to you to keep them honest, but we both know they'll come for you eventually too.

Unfortunately if you used this philosophy with all your abusive posting you would still be here. This post just goes to show the type of person you really are. Disappointing considering the amount of times I have fought for you and had your back on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back