No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
View attachment 737496

Pretty damn disappointing that people want us to fail. Not entirely surprising. Such bitterness. We’re growing the national game right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You’ve got those who believe Tasmania can start up tomorrow, have 50,000 members and young players will flock there.
There are those continually bring up that no team has ever succeeded on the GC therefore we are doomed.
The pro Tasmania crowd seem to be hijacking these stories and the polls

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
You’ve got those who believe Tasmania can start up tomorrow, have 50,000 members and young players will flock there.
There are those continually bring up that no team has ever succeeded on the GC therefore we are doomed.
I voted yes obviously and when the results came up was truly shocked.
I will remind those fools who questioned our existence when the wheel turns.

An opposition poster who commented that you put Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, Lukosius, King in a room and say look at these guys here to support you
Next tier Bowes, Fiorini, Ainsworth, Brodie, Weller, Wright, Ballard
Supported by the more senior Swallow, Witts, Sexton

Give that group 3 years together and that is the nucleus of a good team. Really just got to get them to believe.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I voted yes obviously and when the results came up was truly shocked.
I will remind those fools who questioned our existence when the wheel turns.

An opposition poster who commented that you put Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, Lukosius, King in a room and say look at these guys here to support you
Next tier Bowes, Fiorini, Ainsworth, Brodie, Weller, Wright, Ballard
Supported by the more senior Swallow, Witts, Sexton

Give that group 3 years together and that is the nucleus of a good team. Really just got to get them to believe.
We need wins quickly. It's probably make or break season next year for me. Wins would to wonder to players confidence, retention, attracting quality players. Injuries will be critical. Honestly, how would this season turn out if we had the same injury list like Lions. Injuries set us back.

Our best 22 will be very good next year. I would add Powell, Macpherson, Collins, Miller to next tier and Thompson to more senior list.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don’t mean inside players, I meant inside news. P.s absolutely agree we don’t need more inside players. I like targets such as Taylor Garner (NM), Hamish Hartlett, Burgoyne would be a great get, Betts would fit in well. Should go after Hawks; Gunston, Smith, Breust, Shoenmakers

These players are more like it. Playing in best 22 of their club but just looking for something more. Hartlett would be a good get. Not sure Hawks would even think about Gunston, Smith, Breust etc. They can keep Schoenmakers though.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
We need wins quickly. It's probably make or break season next year for me.
I say this every year too.
The Suns are like crack - I know it's bad for me but I'm addicted.
I can finally see light at the end of a very long dark tunnel though.

ajsars

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We need wins quickly. It's probably make or break season next year for me.
I would say make or break for the club. I know the AFL will keep us afloat and grass roots in the area has grown massively. But if we dont start winning games next year our young players are going to be devoid of confidence and i cant see King or Luko staying if we go on to lose another 15 straight. I think memberships will be down big time next year too, i wonder if they will lower the price to encourage people to stay on?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
We need wins quickly. It's probably make or break season next year for me. Wins would to wonder to players confidence, retention, attracting quality players. Injuries will be critical. Honestly, how would this season turn out if we had the same injury list like Lions. Injuries set us back.

Our best 22 will be very good next year. I would add Powell, Macpherson, Collins, Miller to next tier and Thompson to more senior list.

Yeah if we could get to 7 wins next year - which is probably a big ask.. I think it will do wonders for the group.

The only problem.. which teams are getting worse?
We beat Carlton, bulldogs and freo this year.

Melbourne, hawthorn, Adelaide, st Kilda I think will probably all be gettable games. Carlton probably still a bit shaky.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would say make or break for the club. I know the AFL will keep us afloat and grass roots in the area has grown massively. But if we dont start winning games next year our young players are going to be devoid of confidence and i cant see King or Luko staying if we go on to lose another 15 straight. I think memberships will be down big time next year too, i wonder if they will lower the price to encourage people to stay on?
Yes, I meant for the club. I will support the club no matter what. The loss of confidence was massive in the second half of the season. You don't want to go another season like that.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah if we could get to 7 wins next year - which is probably a big ask.. I think it will do wonders for the group.

The only problem.. which teams are getting worse?
We beat Carlton, bulldogs and freo this year.

Melbourne, hawthorn, Adelaide, st Kilda I think will probably all be gettable games. Carlton probably still a bit shaky.

Exactly, it's a crazy close competition, all teams improving. Injuries will have a big say again on teams fortunes.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Newsflash-VFL fans and Tasmanian’s (plus a large proportion of Brisbane Fans) hate us and don’t want us to have oxygen.
Keep that in mind when these campaigners come in and say “pardon the intrusion guys blah blah but can I screw you over”.

Dig in you blokes.

I’ve experienced the death of GCU and the Gold Coast Chargers (GC Giants/Seagulls don’t count as we just had progressive rebranding along the way, so we continually had a GC NRL team until the Chargers were killed off by the Drongoes Super League peace deal), the Gold Coast Rollers And Gold Coast Blaze.

The pain and bitterness it leaves you in is soul crushing.

So look above at that result-around 3/4 of people want you dead or don’t care if you are dead.

Don’t be nice, bloody well fight.

And I have to say I’m a bit over Brisbane people eg Brisloon coming in here and thinking he’s the moderator and can dictate things.

Brisbane people have always felt they have a god given right to dictate to us how we should be while at the same time happily plotting or undermining our existence.

As I always say on the Titans Forum, the difference between the Gold Coast and Brisbane is simple: we want to beat them in footy games, they don’t want us to exist.

Hopefully a couple of you take notice of what I’m trying to convey.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Newsflash-VFL fans and Tasmanian’s (plus a large proportion of Brisbane Fans) hate us and don’t want us to have oxygen.
Keep that in mind when these campaigners come in and say “pardon the intrusion guys blah blah but can I screw you over”.

Dig in you blokes.

I’ve experienced the death of GCU and the Gold Coast Chargers (GC Giants/Seagulls don’t count as we just had progressive rebranding along the way, so we continually had a GC NRL team until the Chargers were killed off by the Drongoes Super League peace deal), the Gold Coast Rollers And Gold Coast Blaze.

The pain and bitterness it leaves you in is soul crushing.

So look above at that result-around 3/4 of people want you dead or don’t care if you are dead.

Don’t be nice, bloody well fight.

And I have to say I’m a bit over Brisbane people eg Brisloon coming in here and thinking he’s the moderator and can dictate things.

Brisbane people have always felt they have a god given right to dictate to us how we should be while at the same time happily plotting or undermining our existence.

As I always say on the Titans Forum, the difference between the Gold Coast and Brisbane is simple: we want to beat them in footy games, they don’t want us to exist.

Hopefully a couple of you take notice of what I’m trying to convey.
Im sick of the smarmy Brisbane posters in here too Bods posing as concerned wise old men doling out sage advice to us because they have been through the curve of losing to winning, no matter how they post it comes across as condescending, didn't see them doing it last year?

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looking at the top 8 it’s basically chockers with clubs I hate other than GWS and Footscray.
After deliberation in ranking my disdain I came up with RICHmond v Handbaggers Franchise as my nightmare GF

What’s yours???

Last edited:

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looking at the top 8 it’s basically chockers with clubs I hate other than GWS and Footscray.
After deliberation in ranking my disdain I came up with RICHmond v Handbaggers Franchise as my nightmare GF

What’s yours???
GWS v Essendon

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers

What’s yours???
As long as Geelong don’t win it. Couldn’t cop Grublett getting another premiership medal around his neck.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

What’s yours???

My nightmare GF just changed to BrisC (don’t ask me what the C means) v RICHmond.

GAGF Fagan And BrisC

#anyonebutBrisC

As badly as Pies played after bye, with great players coming back (Stephenson, De Goey, Sidebottom, Moore) I am tipping them to win it all. Good luck.

Thanks! 🤞 I feel they can knock off Geelong this Friday! and have a good run finals and anything can happen.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure if this story is in any east coast papers (i havent checked)

Yes it’s been discussed
The headline your paper wrote is way off
It should say “Ch9” rather than “NRL”
And just like the Suns the GC aren’t going anywhere.

Pick a nightmare scenario Jen

If I had to choose. Take away the pies and maybe Richmond v eagles though I would rather neither I don’t want Ablett or danger to get a flag Richmond is too cocky and I don’t want eagles either. I would rather gws v dogs I have nothing against either of them.

Back