No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably jealousy but man I'm sick of the Brisbane crew with their smug talk about their medical staff.
"Oh, well leave Ah Chee up to our medical team - they'll probably get him out on the field"

Have become quite smug the past 12 months.
That's what winning and minimal or no injuries for 3 years does to support base. I would say 80% of fans on Lions threads turned into arrogant pricks. It will be interesting to see what happens when injuries come back for them. It will happen to Suns fans too if/when we improve :) Interestingly, the current high performance boss of Lions I believe joined them in 2015 (worked for Swans before) and Lions had a bad injury list in his first year. So there is hope with Alex Rigby :)

That's what winning and minimal or no injuries for 3 years does to support base. I would say 80% of fans on Lions threads turned into arrogant pricks. It will be interesting to see what happens when injuries come back for them. It will happen to Suns fans too if/when we improve :) Interestingly, the current high performance boss of Lions I believe joined them in 2015 (worked for Swans before) and Lions had a bad injury list in his first year. So there is hope with Alex Rigby :)
I plan on being a boisterous prick to those who slandered us when we start winning - hopefully I've still got my hair by then!

True. They won't have a NEAFL team like this year for back up with a few likely to move on.
Add to it the weighted 'double match up' rule which will mean a considerably tougher draw next year.

Corey Ellis and GHS have as many Brownlow votes as Jack Martin does

True. They won't have a NEAFL team like this year for back up with a few likely to move on.
Add to it the weighted 'double match up' rule which will mean a considerably tougher draw next year.
They'll always gt the benefit of playing us twice.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 9.10.23 PM.png

I'd like to see 4 names make this list next year - highest season goal scorers in our history.
Sexton, Wright, King, Rankine.

To be honest I was not overly impressed by Lions NEAFL team. When we played them at the Gabba we had 13 listed players vs 22 and we absolutely smashed them in 1st QTR, were still ahead in HT and only when our academy kids got tired they got on top of us and won in the end by 25.

I am reasonably confident if we had no injuries and it would be listed players 22 vs 22 we would beat them.

Not sure who knows what a tough draw is ?
Who knows whose going to be good or not !
Who predicted Melbourne would finish 17th.
The best teams play finals.
Maybe Im in the minority but I envy Brisbane injury list.
Would love our fitness program to produce the same results .

View attachment 747982

I'd like to see 4 names make this list next year - highest season goal scorers in our history.
Sexton, Wright, King, Rankine.
I agree
I know I've bored a generation of Big Footy posters about our inability to score, but if the Club isn't focussing on avenues to goal this off-season we're destined for the cellar yet again

To be honest I was not overly impressed by Lions NEAFL team. When we played them at the Gabba we had 13 listed players vs 22 and we absolutely smashed them in 1st QTR, were still ahead in HT and only when our academy kids got tired they got on top of us and won in the end by 25.

I am reasonably confident if we had no injuries and it would be listed players 22 vs 22 we would beat them.
There is no-one in the Brisbane NEAFL team I would even half consider for our list
Not a bean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely spot on

9/10 for me
Got the question asking who had most marks incorrect.

You guys heard that as part of the deal to get the nt zone we may have to play a home game at darwin? Thats down to 9 metricon games if true.

Not happy if that eventuates.

Queue the commentators
This 24 degree heatwave should favour the Suns heavily.

You guys heard that as part of the deal to get the nt zone we may have to play a home game at darwin? Thats down to 9 metricon games if true.

Not happy if that eventuates.
To be fair until we get more successful and more people begin to turn up every game, we need trips like to Nth QLD and Darwin to balance the books out. Once we get more people through the gates, and more revenue brought in, then we can stop selling our games elsewhere.

To be fair until we get more successful and more people begin to turn up every game, we need trips like to Nth QLD and Darwin to balance the books out. Once we get more people through the gates, and more revenue brought in, then we can stop selling our games elsewhere.
But games against a big team are our biggest drawers. To lose a game v ess or coll or carlton would be terrible loss for fans at home.

Wait till the draw is released before we lament who is playing in Darwin, we don't have any confirmation who it is yet.

It’s still disappointing that the club hasn’t told members and have to find out first hand by a front page article in a Darwin newspaper.. there’s such a big gap of communication between the club and the members

Remove this Banner Ad

Back