No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sorry guys I have to share some news via 17er on twitter

“Sad news has come through that Suns Member and podcast patron “Old Sol” has passed away. His son thanked us for making his Dad, who was a recent Widower, happy as his illness advanced. We’ll miss his regular insights on our show. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP, friend”.

Old Sol contributed to our board and it was clear to me he was a thoroughly kind gentleman who loved our club.

So I pay tribute to him, we might not be some big pack like the RICHmond or Pies Army but we are a platoon of passionate pioneers and he was one of us, a true contributor and I’m sure he was a fine man.

RIP Old Sol and if a family member reads this then we send sincere condolences and thanks.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

“Sad news has come through that Suns Member and podcast patron “Old Sol” has passed away. His son thanked us for making his Dad, who was a recent Widower, happy as his illness advanced. We’ll miss his regular insights on our show. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP, friend”.

Old Sol contributed to our board and it was clear to me he was a thoroughly kind gentleman who loved our club.

So I pay tribute to him, we might not be some big pack like the RICHmond or Pies Army but we are a platoon of passionate pioneers and he was one of us, a true contributor and I’m sure he was a fine man.

RIP Old Sol and if a family member reads this then we send sincere condolences and thanks.
Sad news
Bodsy-What's 17ers twitter handle?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Sad news. Thanks for the information, I need to self examine myself. Do regret some of my post about him.

Last edited:

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
he announced he was checking out when Brad Scheer, I think, was being criticised if I remember correctly and said he couldn't put up with it, maybe I have my wires crossed
he is not a players father

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Brandon Ellis has a watch company called Uncle Jacks

Can buy a 'Tom Lynch' premiers watch 2019 Mr Bods

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 9.11.17 PM.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I really hope we can put on something more on the scoreboard this year.
Averaged less than 10 goals a game last year.

Alex Sexton was our only player in the top 150 for score involvements in the league. Horrible.

Opposition players who were above our second highest (David Swallow) player
- Jaidyn Stephenson, Willie Rioli & Patrick Lipinski (all played 14 games)
- Darcy Byrne-Jones & Jake Lloyd- Back pockets
- Luke Dustan & Sam Powell Pepper - inside midfielders that can't kick
- Tim English - 21 year old ruckman

Hopefully we can see Sexton, Rankine, Ainsworth, Macpherson, King amongst that list.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
That was GCstormie
Nope, I was here till Brad was delisted. (still very seldomly read but dont reply.)
Sunraysia is Brad's dad.

Looking at Old Sols most recent posts maybe you (collectively) are thinking of where he said he wasn't going to post in matchday threads due to excess negativity. He kept posting elsewhere after that though.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nope, I was here till Brad was delisted. (still very seldomly read but dont reply.)
Sunraysia is Brad's dad.

Looking at Old Sols most recent posts maybe you (collectively) are thinking of where he said he wasn't going to post in matchday threads due to excess negativity. He kept posting elsewhere after that though.
My mistake.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sunraysia

With the Suns getting the handout from the AFL has anyone been in contact with you, Brad or his manager about being one of the 10 rookies?

Or even another club looking at picking him up?

Hope you both have been well.

All the best in future endeavours if you don’t feel the need to reply.

Might as well get a membership while you are at it ;)
But happy birthday!
I have one. A digital one. I have a friend of mine who can get me into vic games (has an AFL membership)

Thanks guys!

I'm here for a few days, then my sister and I fly off to Hawaii then vegas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back