No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else making mental note of particular Carlton posters to tag when we kick their ass this year?
With my mod hat on i'm going to ask everyone to refrain from deliberately baiting opposition supports in the future.

As a loyal GC supporter and with my mod hat suddenly gone missing....

GCDrafteesStuntOnTheseHoes.png

Going to be exciting when we can kick 12+ goals every game.

You'd have to think between King/Day/Wright + Sexton/Rankine/Ainsworth/Macpherson + Anderson/Powell/Flanders/Swallow/Greenwood - we're going to have our best scoring year for a while.

Credit to Alex Sexton. He is a pretty good chance to end up kicking 200+ goals for his career. A long way from that young skinny winger / tagger pick 88 in the 2011 draft from Redlands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are absolutely blown away by Rowell Anderson and Flanders. I was told Rowell looks like he's played 150 games and won 3 B&Fs.
Rowell is a machine, he will be the hardest working player in the team. Will make some of the boys walk taller I reckon just watching his work ethic

Rowell is a machine, he will be the hardest working player in the team. Will make some of the boys walk taller I reckon just watching his work ethic
Flanders is already making the boys walk taller they are blown away by him.
They are extremely impressed with him.
Bods will love him he's bringing unbelievable vibe for a first year kid.

If you squint hard enough you can a fair bit of Dangerfield in Flanders.

Danger starred in the 18s as a one out powerful mid sized forward and developed his midfield craft in his first couple of years in the AFL

If you squint hard enough you can a fair bit of Dangerfield in Flanders.

Danger starred in the 18s as a one out powerful mid sized forward and developed his midfield craft in his first couple of years in the AFL
Everyone loves a good pre season hero.....

Including me!
* yes we’ve got Flanders on our side.

Seems like we've accumulated talent to the same degree as our initial year in the league. We've got a whole bunch of additional mature agers though.
Comparing 2011 mature agers vs. current - light and day in terms of quality and number.

24-26
2019: Sam Collins, Brandon Ellis, Nick Holman, Jack Hombsch, Sean Lemmens, GHS, Alex Sexton
2011: Michael Rischitelli, Karmichael Hunt, Sam Iles

27-29
2019: David Swallow, Rory Thompson, Hugh Greenwood, JArrod Witts, Jordan Murdoch, Anthony Miles, Sam Day
2011: Gary Ablett, Nathan Bock, Jared Brennan, Campbell Brown, Daniel Harris, Josh Fraser

30+
2019: Pearce Hanley, Jarrod Harbrow
2011: Nil

I've tried to put together a comparable 'mature age' list from 2011 - kind of difficult to get same age/position/quality but have done the best I could. Can you imagine if we started with these guys in 2011.

24-26
- Joel Patful (Collins), Brent Reilly (Ellis), Chris Knights (Holman), Matt White (Lemmens), James Gwilt (Hombsch), Angus Monfries (Sexton), Andrew Raines (GHS)

27-29
- Darren Jolly (Witts), Matthew Boyd (Swallow), Jarrad Waite (Day), Lewis Roberts-Thompson (Thompson), Scott McMahon (Murdoch), Daniel Jackson (Miles),
Colin Sylvia (Greenwood)

30+
- Mark McVeigh (Harbrow), Tadgh Kennely (Hanley),

Comparing a 2011-2019 equivalent group of mature agers with the actual 2011 group - it's a massive difference.

Matthew Boyd, Jarrad Waite, Darren Jolly, Daniel Jackson, Mark Mcveigh, Joel Patful, James Gwilt, Tadgh Kennely, Angus Monfries, Brent Reilly, Chris Knights, Matt White, Andrew Raines, Lewis Roberts-Thompson, Scott Mcmahon

Acutal
Gary Ablett, Nathan Bock, Michael Rischitelli, Jared Brennan, Campbell Brown, Josh Fraser, Daniel Harris, Sam Iles, Karmichael Hunt

Seems like we've accumulated talent to the same degree as our initial year in the league. We've got a whole bunch of additional mature agers though.
Comparing 2011 mature agers vs. current - light and day in terms of quality and number.

24-26
2019: Sam Collins, Brandon Ellis, Nick Holman, Jack Hombsch, Sean Lemmens, GHS, Alex Sexton
2011: Michael Rischitelli, Karmichael Hunt, Sam Iles

27-29
2019: David Swallow, Rory Thompson, Hugh Greenwood, JArrod Witts, Jordan Murdoch, Anthony Miles, Sam Day
2011: Gary Ablett, Nathan Bock, Jared Brennan, Campbell Brown, Daniel Harris, Josh Fraser

30+
2019: Pearce Hanley, Jarrod Harbrow
2011: Nil

I've tried to put together a comparable 'mature age' list from 2011 - kind of difficult to get same age/position/quality but have done the best I could. Can you imagine if we started with these guys in 2011.

24-26
- Joel Patful (Collins), Brent Reilly (Ellis), Chris Knights (Holman), Matt White (Lemmens), James Gwilt (Hombsch), Angus Monfries (Sexton), Andrew Raines (GHS)

27-29
- Darren Jolly (Witts), Matthew Boyd (Swallow), Jarrad Waite (Day), Lewis Roberts-Thompson (Thompson), Scott McMahon (Murdoch), Daniel Jackson (Miles),
Colin Sylvia (Greenwood)

30+
- Mark McVeigh (Harbrow), Tadgh Kennely (Hanley),

Comparing a 2011-2019 equivalent group of mature agers with the actual 2011 group - it's a massive difference.

Matthew Boyd, Jarrad Waite, Darren Jolly, Daniel Jackson, Mark Mcveigh, Joel Patful, James Gwilt, Tadgh Kennely, Angus Monfries, Brent Reilly, Chris Knights, Matt White, Andrew Raines, Lewis Roberts-Thompson, Scott Mcmahon

Acutal
Gary Ablett, Nathan Bock, Michael Rischitelli, Jared Brennan, Campbell Brown, Josh Fraser, Daniel Harris, Sam Iles, Karmichael Hunt
You can add Weller, Miller and Burgess to 24-26 bracket when the season starts. Corbett misses by 1 month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back