No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Need more social posts, bring back the glory days of gorringe hosting Favourite Suns. There is 52 blokes on our list surely we can get some content ffs ...... and not much to ask but a neck sponsor on our guernseys.. so ugly

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For a bit of fun

How many of our players current and previous can you remember.

I got 53. Forgot some easy ones, remembered some randoms!
Enter your scores below, you can play in the window above.

Last edited:

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Shows that we've had 28 players play for the first time for our team in the past 3 years. Incredible - and a indication of what we've had to / are working through.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I thought Sharp was outstanding last night, moved himself right into calculations. Graham was also terrific, read the ball best of the defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, only practice but to be honest what I saw I could see Sharp playing round 1. Some of his kicks in the second half were Luko like. Something classy about him and seems to understand the game. It will be interesting to see if he plays next week.

Last edited:

GCSportsBuzz

Senior List
Oct 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes, only practice but to be honest what I saw I could see Sharp playing round 1. Some of his kicks in the second half were Luko like. Something classy about him and seems to understand the game. It will be interesting to see if he plays next week.

Body-wise he is ready to go now, moreso than Rowell & Anderson. I’d have Sharp in front of Anderson atm. Plenty to play out though obviously. It looks like we’re going go to be pretty lean for the first 1 or 2 rounds. I wouldn’t expect to see Thompson or Witts. Obviously no Ballard and Harbrow is sketchy as well. Not sure on Hombsch either. So it was great to see Graham play well and in good nick, cause he might be in round 1. Joyce also looked good and may get a BP spot.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Body-wise he is ready to go now, moreso than Rowell & Anderson. I’d have Sharp in front of Anderson atm. Plenty to play out though obviously. It looks like we’re going go to be pretty lean for the first 1 or 2 rounds. I wouldn’t expect to see Thompson or Witts. Obviously no Ballard and Harbrow is sketchy as well. Not sure on Hombsch either. So it was great to see Graham play well and in good nick, cause he might be in round 1. Joyce also looked good and may get a BP spot.

Personally, I would not mind Collins, Graham round 1. Witts no moon boot now and still has 5 weeks to prepare. Yes, it could be close. Smith is actually servicable. We can survive with him for a couple of rounds.

If Thompson does not play in one of the preseason games I can't see him in round 1.

Agree on Joyce. He trimmed down and I liked him to push more forward. He has actually a great kick. He just needs to build his confidence. Time for him to step up. It's in him.

Next two preseason games will be telling. We could actually miss quite a few players comes round 1. Again :sick:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Personally, I would not mind Collins, Graham round 1. Witts no moon boot now and still has 5 weeks to prepare. Yes, it could be close. Smith is actually servicable. We can survive with him for a couple of rounds.

If Thompson does not play in one of the preseason games I can't see him in round 1.

Agree on Joyce. He trimmed down and I liked him to push more forward. He has actually a great kick. He just needs to build his confidence. Time for him to step up. It's in him.

Next two preseason games will be telling. We could actually miss quite a few players comes round 1. Again :sick:
All good it’s a long season

would actually rather see some good performances in the 2nd half of the season than 4 good games and a drop off

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 9.40.47 pm.png

Ummmm please explain?

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm pretty confident Bond University will switch their allegiance to Gold Coast footy once their pre-existing sponsorship of the Lions expires. They've done an enormous amount of work the local football scene over the last five years so you have to give them credit. Many of our girls are Bond University players and there wasn't another other option outside of Coolangatta until Bond came to the party. They give out scholarships to male and female Aussie rules players every year as well which is great.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm pretty confident Bond University will switch their allegiance to Gold Coast footy once their pre-existing sponsorship of the Lions expires. They've done an enormous amount of work the local football scene over the last five years so you have to give them credit. Many of our girls are Bond University players and there wasn't another other option outside of Coolangatta until Bond came to the party. They give out scholarships to male and female Aussie rules players every year as well which is great.

when the contract expires I’ll be watching with interest what they do

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
i think arianna clarke who plays for the lions aflw side studied at bond, gc girl originally. but saw a comment saying she was happy at the lions and wouldn't move back down when our team started up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back