No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how many we will be naming for the Cats trial game on Saturday? I read Fagan saying that they will only be naming a max of 24 for both of their games. Maybe, barring injury, we’ll be getting a closer look to our starting side?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder how many we will be naming for the Cats trial game on Saturday? I read Fagan saying that they will only be naming a max of 24 for both of their games. Maybe, barring injury, we’ll be getting a closer look to our starting side?

I hope so but the last 2 years we have just played mainly young blokes

Rankine injured? Anybody heard anything.

Izak Rankine was a big omission from the game and is in doubt for Saturday’s clash with the Cats.

The crafty forward copped a knock to his shoulder in the third quarter of last weekend’s practice game against Brisbane and had it heavily strapped as he ran laps around the ground

Suns officials will get a medical assessment this afternoon before making a call on whether Rankine plays.

I overheard a conversation between a vic GC staff member (what? He was next to me...lol) and some long time fans at the footy today. Stuff I picked up -- The club couldn't care less they left Jack Martin walk for free. They were setting an example, when a deal couldn't be worked out, they couldn't care less. They just wanted him gone. They knew he didn't want to be there last year.
-- They got rid of the players that wanted to leave, everyone else is buying in.
-- Supporter man mentioned Fiorini, who told him that he wasn't leaving. The staff member seemed to be confident this would be the case as well. There was a worry given how Fiorini was a pies supporter growing up. But I was no... no sweat, pies have Diacos, McInnes coming through plus we have no salary to go after anyone. I was very tempted to ask about when an announcement would be said/his contract.
-- Mentioned how most of the players that have left are doing well elsewhere, maybe not bennell.
-- Very positive about the future and the year. Not making the 8, but they expect to see a much improved team this season.
-- Rowell a really made player. The core 6 with sharp is what they'll be building this club around. granted they stick around, but all signs are there. This is the future.

I overheard a conversation between a vic GC staff member (what? He was next to me...lol) and some long time fans at the footy today. Stuff I picked up -- The club couldn't care less they left Jack Martin walk for free. They were setting an example, when a deal couldn't be worked out, they couldn't care less. They just wanted him gone. They knew he didn't want to be there last year.
-- They got rid of the players that wanted to leave, everyone else is buying in.
-- Supporter man mentioned Fiorini, who told him that he wasn't leaving. The staff member seemed to be confident this would be the case as well. There was a worry given how Fiorini was a pies supporter growing up. But I was no... no sweat, pies have Diacos, McInnes coming through plus we have no salary to go after anyone. I was very tempted to ask about when an announcement would be said/his contract.
-- Mentioned how most of the players that have left are doing well elsewhere, maybe not bennell.
-- Very positive about the future and the year. Not making the 8, but they expect to see a much improved team this season.
-- Rowell a really made player. The core 6 with sharp is what they'll be building this club around. granted they stick around, but all signs are there. This is the future.

Great info. Appreciate it.

With respect to the comment about players doing well elsewhere

Lynch - injury free and played well, similar level to some of his previous years with us. How much of that injury rehab was purely down to performance / medical staff at Richmond - that is a major question we have to answer for ourselves, it has plagued us across the years
Jaeger O'Meara - ditto.

Prestia - Better last year - in his prime now, big surprise.
Matera - eh - not been any different
Hickey - not been any different
Smith - Was not any different with the Cats
Martin - Time will tell
Mav Weller - No different with his 2 other clubs
Kolodjasnij - Worse
May - Worse
Schade - No different
Hine - No different
Dixon - In his prime at Port as a tall forward - probably a little better, but not considerably.

Lynch - injury free and played well, similar level to some of his previous years with us. How much of that injury rehab was purely down to performance / medical staff at Richmond - that is a major question we have to answer for ourselves, it has plagued us across the years
Jaeger O'Meara - ditto.

Martin - Time will tell
Kolodjasnij - Worse
May - Worse
Schade - No different
Hine - No different
Dixon - In his prime at Port as a tall forward - probably a little better, but not considerably.
Think it was in reference to a couple, not all. Moreso the first couple.

Think it was in reference to a couple, not all. Moreso the first couple.
Agree, getting decent pick back like Lynch ( pick 3) , prestia (pick 6) and omeara ( pick 10).

Last edited:

Jaeger O'Meara - ditto.

Martin - Time will tell
Kolodjasnij - Worse
May - Worse
Schade - No different
Hine - No different

Those players who have moved on may have not done a lot since but our fitness/medical and limited coaches and resources could’ve hindered their development!

BUT - could’ve,would’ve,should’ve..

we will never know but what we do know is that we are on some sort of right track now!

We have A grade facilities
We seem to have a good teaching crop of coaches with a level headed senior coach steering the ship
We probably have the best fitness program in 10 years of the club
Strong CEO and president

Those players who have moved on may have not done a lot since but our fitness/medical and limited coaches and resources could’ve hindered their development!

BUT - could’ve,would’ve,should’ve..

we will never know but what we do know is that we are on some sort of right track now!

We have A grade facilities
We seem to have a good teaching crop of coaches with a level headed senior coach steering the ship
We probably have the best fitness program in 10 years of the club
Strong CEO and president

Still very much TBD in my opinion.
When we have less injuries I'll be happier to agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have an updated starting 22 for Round 1? I think Witts you can count IN. Thompson OUT for the first month. Not sure on Harbrow/Hanley, theres talk of Budarick starting

IN. OUT
Witts. Thompson
Holman
Harbrow
Hanley

Any other injury updates?
Fiorini?

Are Vic members allowed to nominate?

I think it's a great idea to have a VIC based members' thoughts BUT.....this is one of the conditions of being a member

I will arrive at the meetings in a timely manner, appropriately dressed and conduct myself professionally. I must attend a minimum of four (4) meeting per year to satisfy my position on The GC SUNS Member Council

I think it's a great idea to have a VIC based members' thoughts BUT.....this is one of the conditions of being a member

I will arrive at the meetings in a timely manner, appropriately dressed and conduct myself professionally. I must attend a minimum of four (4) meeting per year to satisfy my position on The GC SUNS Member Council
Wishthey would say when meetings would be. Day of week and time is important to me

Well, I have nominated. The worst thing that can happen is they decline my nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back