No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
giphy (17).gif

Lubbers

Debutant
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
howdy all, last week the suns emailed members about getting tickets to the eagles v swans game. have they emailed anyone about this weeks games?
Just got the email 15 mins ago. It's for the Essendon v North game and the Carlton v Bulldogs.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Wowee Brisbane have sh*t the bed massively
Our loss doesn't look as bad now since brisbane were the premiership favourites going into this round. Geelong are just red hot at the moment.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One of the crows posters we have had a bit of history with made a thread on their board about how unfair it is we got priority picks. If anyone remembers him he was telling us rankine would be on the first plane back to Adelaide before we drafted him. Salty salty man
Please tell me its crows till I die or something like that.
One eyed knob.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why the hell don't the AFL re-employ QLD reports who can actually report on these games now there is a role for them.
With no football in Melbourne I can't really see what Melbourne reports bring to the equation?

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
I’d probably set up the boom gates at Pottsville if I could on the M1 and do the “turn backs” there.

Still too close Bodsy.

Let’s move the border to Ballina.

Northern NSW is far too nice to be classed as NSW anyway... they really deserve to be QLD’ers...

Last edited:

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’d probably set up the boom gates at Pottsville if I could on the M1 and do the “turn backs” there.
I've always felt the border should be pushed south to the Tweed River. We got it right up north in 2008 when we moved the Gold Coast-Logan border south and made the Albert River the official separation point. Now I feel it's time to do the same with the southern border and have the likes of Tweed Heads officially become a part of the Gold Coast. A lot of Gold Coasters already view Tweed as a part of the Gold Coast so I don't think there would be much resistance from the northern side. The resistance would come from those in the Tweed region who are passionate New South Welshmen. Truth is, those areas would be far better off if they chose to join the Gold Coast because the Queensland government would prioritise them and give more funding than the NSW government ever will. See the Tugun Bypass as an example of the difference in state priorities.

While we're at it, let's fix the western border as well. Tamborine/Tamborine Mountain should really be a part of the Gold Coast, not the Scenic Rim. We have the capability to market the Hinterland experience much better than the Scenic Rim Regional Council. There was talk of this happening a few years ago but I don't know if any further steps have been taken. My understanding is switching from one local council to another is a relatively smooth process if the residents want it but convincing NSW to give some of their land to QLD would be VERY difficult.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Our new best friend Fish Whiting is now back working for the AFL again. Now that he’s on a salary again rather than asking for people to pay for his content I’ll be watching with interest his ongoing attitude towards us.
Is this thing against Whiting a Titans thing?
Because after he embedded with us in Queenstown 2019 pre-season I thought his work was fair and balanced more on the positive side
You can't write much good stuff about a team that loses 18 on the trot with an injury list the length of the Pacific Hwy

Back