No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I used to like Richmond but my god their supporters are ******* unbearable.
Ever since they won that flag a few years ago they have gotten so cocky and arrogant it is not funny. Don't they remember they were down and s**t for a LONG LONG LONG time so don't really have any right to be as 'unbearable' as they are.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Did a ladder prediction and we could still make finals (this is with us winning all of our last games bar Brisbane)
WLD%
1.Port Adelaide1430125.3%
2.Brisbane Lions1430117.9%
3.West Coast1340121.4%
4.Geelong1250131.7%
5.St Kilda1250113.9%
6.Richmond1061114.0%
7.Melbourne1070110.3%
8.Gold Coast881103.7%
9.Western Bulldogs89096.4%
10.Fremantle89096.3%
11.Carlton710096.6%
12.GWS710093.6%
13.Collingwood610196.8%
14.Essendon610187.2%
15.Sydney611088.0%
16.North Melbourne413084.9%
17.Hawthorn413082.2%
18.Adelaide215065.0%
QF1: PORT ADELAIDE v Geelong
QF2: BRISBANE LIONS v West Coast
EF1: ST KILDA v Gold Coast
EF2: Richmond v MELBOURNE

SF1: Geelong v ST KILDA
SF2: WEST COAST v Melbourne

PF1: PORT ADELAIDE v West Coast
PF2: BRISBANE LIONS v St Kilda

GF: Port Adelaide v BRISBANE LIONS

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Footy classified saying last night that there are players from
Victorian clubs that have requested to remain in Queensland once the season ends, so they don’t need to return to Covid hotspots.
Any chance the time in the coast may have sold it as the place to be and we get some requesting to come our way?

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Footy classified saying last night that there are players from
Victorian clubs that have requested to remain in Queensland once the season ends, so they don’t need to return to Covid hotspots.
Any chance the time in the coast may have sold it as the place to be and we get some requesting to come our way?
Think Mark Evans said before this all started that staying in the GC was a carrot that the club intended on using. Players going to be recovering better in the warmer weather, for instance. Hopefully we can get someone.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
My question is why was the rights to the flag put up for sale to the private sector in the first place. The only people who should have the rights to the flag is the federal government or the aboriginal community. Disgusting that it was sold at all
The flag was designed by an aboriginal artist for a specific event (Aboriginal Independent Day in 1971 off of the top of my head). He retained the copyright for the design.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think Mark Evans said before this all started that staying in the GC was a carrot that the club intended on using. Players going to be recovering better in the warmer weather, for instance. Hopefully we can get someone.
I'm reliably told they are getting interest left right and centre. A number of young men have fallen in love with the lifestyle. So l'm told.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Even if we don't get players this season, they'll go back to Melbourne next year regret it (with the weather etc) and want to move back up!- Max King I am talking to you.

I'm reliably told they are getting interest left right and centre. A number of young men have fallen in love with the lifestyle. So l'm told.

Lifestyle?

Mustn't take much given they have restricted movement (Tennis seems okay though) while here.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Exciting stuff! As horrible as this year has been, one positive is that we were able to dispel a lot of myths about our training facilities/lifestyle here. Almost every player in the AFL has spent at least a month living on the Gold Coast this year and now know the difference between the Gold Coast as a city and the party precinct that is Surfer Paradise. They also know we no longer train out of tin sheds anymore and instead have first class facilities that are just as good (if not better) as any club's in the AFL. The bonus for us is that it's becoming very obvious that we're a young team on the up and plenty of players in the AFL would want to be a part of that. I'm just hoping one such player has the first name Zac and last name Williams 🤞

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Exciting stuff! As horrible as this year has been, one positive is that we were able to dispel a lot of myths about our training facilities/lifestyle here. Almost every player in the AFL has spent at least a month living on the Gold Coast this year and now know the difference between the Gold Coast as a city and the party precinct that is Surfer Paradise. They also know we no longer train out of tin sheds anymore and instead have first class facilities that are just as good (if not better) as any club's in the AFL. The bonus for us is that it's becoming very obvious that we're a young team on the up and plenty of players in the AFL would want to be a part of that. I'm just hoping one such player has the first name Zac and last name Williams 🤞
Totally agree however just mark this down. Will Powell will be as good if not better than Williams.

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Totally agree however just mark this down. Will Powell will be as good if not better than Williams.
My mate texted me after the game singling out Powell and #3, saying how we have some crackers in them. He said powell reminded him of Sicily, which i thought was a strange, oddly apt comparison, but coming from a neutral supporter I was glad to hear it
And I think you might be right eppo...

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
He's really brave and committed to the contest even with his slight frame in the early years. Can take a nice overhead mark which is a must at AFL level, capable of drifting forward to kick goals and runs all day. Not many of you will notice but he also takes the game on with corridor kicks. It is nice to see Lukousis, Powell, Bowes and a bit of Ellis using their composure and try and hit a target rebounding off the 50 then the usual bombing that Collins/Ballard do (not their fault just not reliable kicks yet)

Back