No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's really brave and committed to the contest even with his slight frame in the early years. Can take a nice overhead mark which is a must at AFL level, capable of drifting forward to kick goals and runs all day. Not many of you will notice but he also takes the game on with corridor kicks. It is nice to see Lukousis, Powell, Bowes and a bit of Ellis using their composure and try and hit a target rebounding off the 50 then the usual bombing that Collins/Ballard do (not their fault just not reliable kicks yet)
If nothing else having a coach in Dewy who accepted nothing less than centimetre perfect kicking as a player has developed a group of Suns who are trying to achieve the same.
It's a long way from the hope and spray days of Bluey and Rocket

He's really brave and committed to the contest even with his slight frame in the early years. Can take a nice overhead mark which is a must at AFL level, capable of drifting forward to kick goals and runs all day. Not many of you will notice but he also takes the game on with corridor kicks. It is nice to see Lukousis, Powell, Bowes and a bit of Ellis using their composure and try and hit a target rebounding off the 50 then the usual bombing that Collins/Ballard do (not their fault just not reliable kicks yet)
Not sure how you couldn't if you're watching. One thing that I'm happy about is that we seem to give the green light to our good kicks to take these things on. The guys who aren't great kicks take the low risk option as you mention.
I'm sure part of that is coaching and part is player recognising their capabilities.

Not sure how you couldn't if you're watching. One thing that I'm happy about is that we seem to give the green light to our good kicks to take these things on. The guys who aren't great kicks take the low risk option as you mention.
I'm sure part of that is coaching and part is player recognising their capabilities.
Teams leave the corridor open for defenders to attempt that risky kick. Yet Luko hit it 5 times and split their zone apart. He’s a weapon.

Teams leave the corridor open for defenders to attempt that risky kick. Yet Luko hit it 5 times and split their zone apart. He’s a weapon.
Watching at the ground was so apparent how it basically single handedly allowed us scoring opportunities - we didn't take a number of them unfortunately

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be vic v other states. But they are wrong, we are right hahaha. I lived in SA for a number of years, but never ate it there so never thought about what people call it.

Its like those tossers that call them potato scallops

Suns goal scorers on track for the following totals if playing a 22 game season **not adjusted for game time

King 32 goals (1.45/game)
Weller 18
Ainsworth 17
Rankine 17
Day 15
Sexton 15

Better than previous seasons.. Still not great.
Wouln't mind seeing ~3-4 >20 goals and someone pushing 50 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back