No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anyone else's blood boil a bit when they see Luke Hodge pimping the Gold coast on ch7?
The guy has actively campaigned against us and dissed us and now wants to tell people what a great place we live in?
Give me a break
All they needed to do was give someone like Spida Everitt a call

I don’t watch ch7 what was it about?

Now now Bods. You don't have to be from the state to promote it. He lives there. He is well known and a good speaker.

Its a tourism advertisement. Probably was recruited or asked by Destination GC company to help with promotion. I see no issue with it.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd say it's a direct advertisement to Victorians watching the football.
They sure as hell know who Luke Hodge is and would listen to what he says. They can relate directly to him given he had lived in Victoria / Melbourne until recently..
Would have far more direct appeal to that specific target group than a Sally Pearson or Margot Robbie IMO.

They sure as hell know who Luke Hodge is and would listen to what he says. They can relate directly to him given he had lived in Victoria / Melbourne until recently..
Would have far more direct appeal to that specific target group than a Sally Pearson or Margot Robbie IMO.
Yeah and given the loss to the tourism industry, they need even more people to want to come visit once they are able to. Victorians are probably the #1 source for providing that.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does further characterise him as a mercenary who'll say anything or do anything for a dollar.
He is not from the Gold Coast and I guess you have to live here and be part of the fabric to understand what a gristly piece of meat it is to swallow because it just further promotes the "Gold Coast really belongs to Brisbane" that was so evident 20 years ago
Oh-we'll just get a high profile Victorian from Brisbane to promote the place he has given s**t to since arriving
Cheers that mate
Hopefully they'll get Chris Judd to promote Geelong Tourism in future

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does further characterise him as a mercenary who'll say anything or do anything for a dollar.
He is not from the Gold Coast and I guess you have to live here and be part of the fabric to understand what a gristly piece of meat it is to swallow because it just further promotes the "Gold Coast really belongs to Brisbane" that was so evident 20 years ago
Oh-we'll just get a high profile Victorian from Brisbane to promote the place he has given sh*t to since arriving
'Cheers that mate

You saved me writing a reply to Jen. Thanks.

Except it will probably won’t be until 2021 until Victorians can travel there
yeah, absolutely. But I guess the tourism company wants to start early to keep it in people's minds at least. I do have flight credit to use when I can travel interstate. From my cancelled interstate games I was meant to go to in Sydney and Perth.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh-we'll just get a high profile Victorian from Brisbane to promote the place he has given sh*t to since arriving
Cheers that mate
Agree

Yeah agree, Lynch would have been a good choice.

Just saying that you need to find someone that appeals to the target group.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree

Yeah agree, Lynch would have been a good choice.

Just saying that you need to find someone that appeals to the target group.
I know and I'm sure to everyone outside the GC it is a nothing issue..(.and it is probably a nothing issue)-but it grates
It is in the same drawer as "Surely you'd follow Brisbane if GC didn't exist"
Ummmm no.Ummmm double no
Just like I don't follow the Brisbane Roar

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Clearly the ad wasn't targeting Gold Coasters otherwise they would have used someone who resonated with us. Hodgey is a current and recognisable face in Melbourne hence the reason he was chosen for the campaign. People have suggested Alastair Lynch or Spida Everitt but they wouldn't have anywhere near as much pull with the Melbourne public. The younger generation probably don't even know who those two are if we're being totally honest.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Just going to drop my two cents worth in, We're trying to market the Gold Coast to outsiders. There's no point pandering to locals for the simple fact that they already live there.

Marketing is all about grabbing attention

And hey... You lot are talking about it, No such thing as bad publicity

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Another difficult year for long time supporters
As I mentioned before how great would it be to win the last 5 instead of the first 5?
Not really sure what to make of the season TBH
One of the things that irks me about us is we never seem to find space in the forward line
Always a muddle with someone "popping up"
I jokingly resurrected the "How are we going to kick a winning score" but I'm not sure King Day and Corbett are a grand final winning combo
Still work to do there
I'm reasonably positive about the backline
I understand the philosophy behind selecting Caleb Graham but I kind of would have liked Hombsch or Murdoch providing some experience down back over the past month
I reckon the whole Holman is a contested beast thing is overplayed
For mine Anthony Miles is as hard as nails and could have been some real steel in the midline backbone-really underrated and sadly will probably be confined to the footy dustbin once his contract expires
I guess in summary having been through the whole Suns journey I think we just went too young and we may have ended up destroying confidence in our bottom 10 rather than growing it
Hopefully we can pull off a confidence shot in Adelaide
ciao baby

Last edited:

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Another difficult year for long time supporters
As I mentioned before how great would it be to win the last 5 instead of the first 5?
Not really sure what to make of the season TBH
One of the things that irks me about us is we never seem to find space in the forward line
Always a muddle with someone "popping up"
I jokingly resurrected the "How are we going to kick a winning score" but I'm not sure King Day and Corbett are a grand final winning combo
Still work to do there
I'm reasonably positive about the backline
I understand the philosophy behind selecting Caleb Graham but I kind of would have liked Hombsch or Murdoch providing some experience down back over the past month
I reckon the whole Holman is a contested beast thing is overplayed
For mine Anthony Miles is as hard as nails and could have been some real steel in the midline backbone-really underrated and sadly will probably be confined to the footy dustbin once his contract expires
I guess in summary having been through the whole Suns journey I think we just went too young and we may have ended up destroying confidence in our bottom 10 rather than growing it
Hopefully we can pull off a confidence shot in Adelaide
Totally agree. The young guys needed more strength around them. We seem to do a good job of drawing every bit of confidence out of their minds and bodies. Miles definitely should have been given some games and Brodie's bigger body would have come in handy. Our older guys overall did not provide the level of cover and the medium agers like Darcy were poor all year.....but there's always next year.

Back