No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think we’re sitting pretty good for 2021 - I’d rather have our list and Prospects than:

adelaide
North
Hawks
Bombers
Melbourne
Carlton

bring on 2021 and the return of red jesus!
Add Sydney - good young talent with Rowbottom, Blakely, Mcinerny, Stephens, Florent, Mccartin but I'd prefer ours

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Don't know how it could be suggested we haven't improved. As people have suggested, the percentage difference is huge.

Av points for - 61.4 (18th by a long way)
Av points against - 101.45 (18th by a long way)

Av points for - 58.7 (70.44 corrected for game time - 11th)
Av points against - 61.9 (74.3 corrected for game time - 12th)

Playing a bottom 3 team this week we have a chance to move into the top 10 in points against - a smaller chance to move up in the points for category.
A 52 point win will see us crack 100% percentage for the year.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Don't know how it could be suggested we haven't improved. As people have suggested, the percentage difference is huge.

Av points for - 61.4 (18th by a long way)
Av points against - 101.45 (18th by a long way)

Av points for - 58.7 (70.44 corrected for game time - 11th)
Av points against - 61.9 (74.3 corrected for game time - 12th)

Playing a bottom 3 team this week we have a chance to move into the top 10 in points against - a smaller chance to move up in the points for category.
A 52 point win will see us crack 100% percentage for the year.
Looking at the average points four, you need to also remember it is a shorter game in 2020!

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looking at the average points four, you need to also remember it is a shorter game in 2020!
So even you move up the table ,because of shorter game there is no improvement ?
Then better don't win premiership this year because it is a shorter version .

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Needs to be a 2021 * for Matt Rowell (+ Points for / - Points Against = 3 goals) as applicable. He makes us a 3 goal better side IMO.
You can’t help but wonder where we would be right now if Rowell stayed healthy.
Most likely he doesn’t keep up his super man efforts up but does he get us over the line against any of the Bulldogs/St Kilda/Essendon/Melbourne?
The decline with him out was noticeable, which is absurd for a 4-game rookie. He has a gift for bringing others into the game.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Most likely he doesn’t keep up his super man efforts up but does he get us over the line against any of the Bulldogs/St Kilda/Essendon/Melbourne?
The decline with him out was noticeable, which is absurd for a 4-game rookie. He has a gift for bringing others into the game.
Its his ability to make better decisions then everyone else that made our midfield better. He could be getting tackled and still hit the handball target in the best position. Hugh is okay in this regard but David, Touk, Weller etc just fire the ball out to the first person they say. It made a monstrous difference because instead of just trying to force another stoppage our midfield was proactive and able to head forward with the ball because they knew it was going to hit a target

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
So even you move up the table ,because of shorter game there is no improvement ?
Then better don't win premiership this year because it is a shorter version .
I’m not having a go!! I’m saying it’s actually good because we’ve nearly reached last years score and it’s shorter quarters so it’s terrific how we are playing

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m not having a go!! I’m saying it’s actually good because we’ve nearly reached last years score and it’s shorter quarters so it’s terrific how we are playing
My apologies, i mistaken you mean the other way round .

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
I say we win all 4 and we make Finals

Possibility we beat Richmond and Collingwood too with him in, Just missing that one puzzle piece to make it all fall into place.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Be great to hear what Sunny says.
Everyone else (including myself) are dribblers.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
There aren't too many of our young players that haven't improved in the past 24 months.
That was the knock on our first build and I remember player managers being openly critical back then.
It's also the first year where we haven't had a glutton of soft tissue injuries by just running through the banner or putting their boots on etc. Massive improvement in that area.
To be in the game in the 3rd quarters against Geelong (at Geelong), Richmond and Collingwood speaks volumes of our improvement on past years.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I just can't stop myself from posting this. I've just watched 3/4 of tonight's game and I am so disappointed with the umpiring, especially coming into the finals, and I don't have any allegiance to either team so don't really care who wins BUT

The umpiring tonight has been so favourable to 1 team, that I really don't know if I want to watch the last qtr. And it's not just the one team getting all the 50/50's but the blatant frees not paid to the other team. I've seen a dropped mark paid, 2 50's paid to the favoured team and at least 3x 50s missed that should have been paid to their opponents.
One team kicks it 25m and its "not 15" and the other team kicks it 8-10m and the mark is paid and the ensuing goal is scored...

Footy needs to be better than this....

Rant over... the log off button pressed and it's out to the BBQ area for a few relaxing whiskies and a nice feed...

I just can't stop myself from posting this. I've just watched 3/4 of tonight's game and I am so disappointed with the umpiring, especially coming into the finals, and I don't have any allegiance to either team so don't really care who wins BUT

The umpiring tonight has been so favourable to 1 team, that I really don't know if I want to watch the last qtr. And it's not just the one team getting all the 50/50's but the blatant frees not paid to the other team. I've seen a dropped mark paid, 2 50's paid to the favoured team and at least 3x 50s missed that should have been paid to their opponents.
One team kicks it 25m and its "not 15" and the other team kicks it 8-10m and the mark is paid and the ensuing goal is scored...

Footy needs to be better than this....

Rant over... the log off button pressed and it's out to the BBQ area for a few relaxing whiskies and a nice feed...
Yeah, it was pretty outrageous. But that made no effect on the game. GWS have checked out. Fractured team.

But this year overall, the umpiring have been worse than ever before. And you hear a lot more about it than previous years. Did it all start when Clarko started complaining about the HTB?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd

AFL Awards next Thursday night incorporating the All Australian (Hopefully Sammy Collins gets a blazer, maybe Wittsy if we are lucky?), Rising Star (Really hope Anderson gets it- he has been more consistent than Serong, still have money on Rowell just in case ;) ) Also awarded is the AFLPA MVP Award.

Thursday on Fox Footy and Kayo 7:30pm

Tuesday- 22under22 team released and the other AFLPA Awards

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone watch the front bar last night?

They told the infamous story of my great uncle, Ted. Used to play for South Melbourne. And his end to his career in 1945.

your uncle was an absolute legend!!! What a classic story.
My grandad was signed up to play for South Melbourne but moved up to Queensland in the late 1930s where he met my Grandmother and never ended up playing VFL. According to my Grandma he was a rover who was so quick he could mark his own kicks. Loved a beer or 10 too!!

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

AFL Awards next Thursday night incorporating the All Australian (Hopefully Sammy Collins gets a blazer, maybe Wittsy if we are lucky?), Rising Star (Really hope Anderson gets it- he has been more consistent than Serong, still have money on Rowell just in case ;) ) Also awarded is the AFLPA MVP Award.

Thursday on Fox Footy and Kayo 7:30pm

Tuesday- 22under22 team released and the other AFLPA Awards
Hoping we get a few in the 22under22.
Doubt we'll feature otherwise. Reckon Serong will win the rising star despite Andersons amazing season.
Collins has been touched up a few times in the last few weeks.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
SUNS SUPPORTER THREAD ONLY. OPPOSITION SUPPORTER POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND THEY MAY FACE SUSPENSION.

Thought this could be a bit of fun. I'll kick it off with the rumoured deal we've offered Rory Atkins:

So, what rumours have you heard?

Last edited:
Back