No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was just looking at the Southport Sharks hall of fame.

Feel a bit offended that Jesse White is a Southport hall of Fame inductee after I had played for Southport against Jesse at Surfers Paradise all through junior AFL.

Seems like he played 1 year at Southport.

kreglze what you think about this.

Feel a bit offended that Jesse White is a Southport hall of Fame inductee after I had played for Southport against Jesse at Surfers Paradise all through junior AFL.

lol what? Did even play for southport after he retired from AFL? Played more for Swans and Pies than Southport.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
lol what? Did even play for southport after he retired from AFL? Played more for Swans and Pies than Southport.

Nup....he played for Glenelg after AFL..........he was drafted from Southport by the Swans.

White played his junior football at the Surfers Paradise Australian Football Club on the Gold Coast. He was selected to represent Queensland in 2004 at under 16 level, while playing for Surfers Paradise. He switched to the Southport Australian Football Club to play both under 18 and senior football. Despite having a good year for Southport and the under 18 Queensland team, he was overlooked in the 2005 AFL draft. He remained at Southport for the 2006 season, winning the QAFL premiership and was a standout performer in Queensland's victorious run at the 2006 AFL Under 18 Championships.

White was drafted by the Sydney Swans with pick 79 in the 2006 AFL draft.

Nup....he played for Glenelg after AFL..........he was drafted from Southport by the Swans.

White played his junior football at the Surfers Paradise Australian Football Club on the Gold Coast. He was selected to represent Queensland in 2004 at under 16 level, while playing for Surfers Paradise. He switched to the Southport Australian Football Club to play both under 18 and senior football. Despite having a good year for Southport and the under 18 Queensland team, he was overlooked in the 2005 AFL draft. He remained at Southport for the 2006 season, winning the QAFL premiership and was a standout performer in Queensland's victorious run at the 2006 AFL Under 18 Championships.

White was drafted by the Sydney Swans with pick 79 in the 2006 AFL draft.
Yeah, I read that on wiki. Quite a strange thing to put him in the hall of fame. Surely they could have found someone else.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast

1 yr at a Club and you're in the hall of fame.....o_Oo_Oo_O

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
1 yr at a Club and you're in the hall of fame.....o_Oo_Oo_O
Two years (2005-06). Nick Riewoldt also only played two years at Southport (1999-2000) after switching over from Broadbeach and he is in the Sharks' Hall of Fame. Riewoldt also has an entire function room named after him at the Sharks (The Riewoldt Room) as well as a foyer (Riewoldt Foyer) but no one seems bat an eye at that. Maybe it's just because Nick has a higher profile than Jesse? Both Riewoldt and White played in senior QAFL premierships for Southport so you can't make that argument.

If anyone is undeserving of their place in Southport's Hall of Fame then it's 2019 inductee Daniel Merrett. He was a latecomer to football when he played half a season with Surfers Paradise in 2001 and played just one season with Southport in 2002 before the Brisbane Lions drafted him. The Sharks did not win the QAFL premiership that year either.

Obviously Southport are just inducting as many former AFL players as they can into their Hall of Fame to add some prestige. However, the induction that would trump everyone else would be Lachie Weller considering he played just one game for the Sharks. That would be a power move 😂

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Two years (2005-06). Nick Riewoldt also only played two years at Southport (1999-2000) after switching over from Broadbeach and he is in the Sharks' Hall of Fame. Riewoldt also has an entire function room named after him at the Sharks (The Riewoldt Room) as well as a foyer (Riewoldt Foyer) but no one seems bat an eye at that. Maybe it's just because Nick has a higher profile than Jesse? Both Riewoldt and White played in senior QAFL premierships for Southport so you can't make that argument.

If anyone is undeserving of their place in Southport's Hall of Fame then it's 2019 inductee Daniel Merrett. He was a latecomer to football when he played half a season with Surfers Paradise in 2001 and played just one season with Southport in 2002 before the Brisbane Lions drafted him. The Sharks did not win the QAFL premiership that year either.

Obviously Southport are just inducting as many former AFL players as they can into their Hall of Fame to add some prestige. However, the induction that would trump everyone else would be Lachie Weller considering he played just one game for the Sharks. That would be a power move 😂
I think Sam Gilbert played just one year as well after coming over from Coolangatta

bcSuns98

Draftee
Aug 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Downsizing my collection so have these for sale
All items were purchased directly from the club under match worn but included PI on most as they don’t have certificates.
Will send photos on request to keep the feed clean.
All prices are negotiable, message with any questions/offers
Add $10 postage

Ablett match worn - $1k
Weller match worn with COA - $250
2018 China Rosa MW/PI - $150
2018 China #47 PI - $100
2018 Indigenous Kolodjashnij MW/PI - $150
2018 Indigenous Lyons MW/PI - $150
2018 Indigenous Ballard MW/PI - $150
2019 Indigenous Ellis MW/PI - $150
2019 Indigenous Wright MW/PI - $150
2019 Clash Thompson MW/PI - $100
2019 Home Brodie MW/PI - $75
2019 Home Day MW/PI - $75
2020 Indigenous Murtagh MW/PI - $150

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
so, Rowell is second year however he already features on the Team coach footy cards packet!!

1614059399247.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Mark Robinson just put up a Joel Wilkinson piece but I can’t access it as it’s paywalled

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just saw this post on Facebook if anyone wanted to reach out.. maybe the Victorian

Suns supporters, I'm Craig Wessels, the host of "A Yank on the Footy" podcast, out of the United States. I am in the process of creating my preview episodes, where I'm hoping to connect with a Suns supporter who'd like to come on the podcast to discuss the club's prospects for the upcoming season. I am 15 hours behind Gold Coast, so if someone is interested, and might be available between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. local time, I'd love to talk some Suns footy with you. Cheers! You can send me a note on messenger here, or reach me on Twitter @Yank_on or by email: ayankonthefooty@gmail.com -- ayankonthefooty.podbean.com

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just saw this post on Facebook if anyone wanted to reach out.. maybe the Victorian

Suns supporters, I'm Craig Wessels, the host of "A Yank on the Footy" podcast, out of the United States. I am in the process of creating my preview episodes, where I'm hoping to connect with a Suns supporter who'd like to come on the podcast to discuss the club's prospects for the upcoming season. I am 15 hours behind Gold Coast, so if someone is interested, and might be available between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. local time, I'd love to talk some Suns footy with you. Cheers! You can send me a note on messenger here, or reach me on Twitter @Yank_on or by email: ayankonthefooty@gmail.com -- ayankonthefooty.podbean.com

17er.

Where's the game day thread? We put up the trading thread every year two years out from trade week (may be a slight exaggeration).

We're 10 days out from our season opener. C'mon regulars, lets go.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Where's the game day thread? We put up the trading thread every year two years out from trade week (may be a slight exaggeration).

We're 10 days out from our season opener. C'mon regulars, lets go.
Apologies, I've been indisposed for the last week. Was supposed to be in Bendigo at Australasian Titles but they got postponed to 2022 because of daddy rona.

So we threw a week-long tournament in Brisbane for anyone that was willing and able to leave their respective states. Was also the first major competition for me with my new team after the disbanding of my original team this time last year. Projected to finish 11th (Ironically my highest finishing position at a Nationals): We managed to shock everyone by ending up in 4th place, Only a hair short of making the 3-team grand final.

1615690091724.png

Now that it's over and I'm (slowly) recovering, I can redirect my focus back to the board in the lead up to round 1.

Hope everyone has been living well recently.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apologies, I've been indisposed for the last week. Was supposed to be in Bendigo at Australasian Titles but they got postponed to 2022 because of daddy rona.

So we threw a week-long tournament in Brisbane for anyone that was willing and able to leave their respective states. Was also the first major competition for me with my new team after the disbanding of my original team this time last year. Projected to finish 11th (Ironically my highest finishing position at a Nationals): We managed to shock everyone by ending up in 4th place, Only a hair short of making the 3-team grand final.

View attachment 1077058

Now that it's over and I'm (slowly) recovering, I can redirect my focus back to the board in the lead up to round 1.

Hope everyone has been living well recently.
What sport / game are you competing in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back