No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thank god Dom Tyson didn't accept that 4 year deal we were dangling in front of him at the end of 2018, has been really average for North. Probably his last game in the AFL last weekend based on how he went.

Shows how Melbourne-centric the AFL still is though that a guy who was literally on the fringes and fighting for his playing career and future accepted a cheaper deal on less years just because it meant he could stay in Melbourne (I considered maybe it was circumstances but several articles stated he was happy to come to the suns until North showed interest and then he decided his preference was to stay in Melbourne)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So a nurse who worked 1 shift on a covid ward gets covid, she was unvaccinated and therefore unprotected to be working on the frontline. But ScuMo who doesn’t hold a hose or presumably operate a ventilator, has had 2 vaccines.
If ScuMo was captain of the Titanic, he would have been the first one in a life raft, quicker than you could say, "Ice Berg"!

And now we don’t get to go to the footy, plus lockdown re-enters our lives and our loved ones who are vulnerable are put at risk.

The states are in charge of giving the vaccine out I thought the federal government only supplied it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Anyone want to join me in my new franchise?
6C8D2EA0-7C16-44C1-B80E-3498F6824835.jpeg

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So there are two new cases in Queensland today with one in Toowoomba and one in Bundaberg. This is definitely encouraging news and the Gold Coast has not gone into lockdown as of right now (touch wood!). The Premier said the lockdown restrictions on the Greater Brisbane region will be lifted if they report similar encouraging results tomorrow.

Obviously from a club perspective this likely means our home game against Carlton next week should be played at Metricon if things continue to improve from here. I think we can all agree that keeping this Carlton match at Metricon is a huge win for us so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you want to know what's wrong with governments handling of covid listen to Dr Swan on ABC. Personally, I think not using N95 when dealing with infected patients is criminal.

At the moment, there is only limited data and only for Pfizer that vaccination limits virus transmission. So even vaccinated people can get covid and transfer it to other people. So all that governments talk that vaccination solves everything is BS. There is now limited data confirming that Pfizer reduces the transmission. So far there is no info on AstraZeneca and its impact on transmission. Pfizer is also more efficient and it takes only 3 weeks to build significant covid immunity compared to 12 weeks with AstraZeneca.

The conclusion is that all front line workers and family members should be vaccinated with only Pfizer ASAP, all front line workers should have proper PPE (including N95) and don't start me on building proper quarantine facilities.

One has to believe that governments are incompetent and/or try to save money (while lockdowns cost an order of more). Also Australia should do anything to obtain licence and produce RNA type vaccines locally. It's a superior strategy, easy to adapt to variants. Australia is actually one of only 10 countries objecting to waving intellectual properties rights to covid related products (vaccines, drugs, ...) which is absolute disgrace.

Just hopeless governments subjected to big business influence.

Last edited:
If you want to know what's wrong with governments handling of covid listen to Dr Swan on ABC. Personally, I think not using N95 when dealing with infected patients is criminal.

At the moment, there is only limited data and only for Pfizer that vaccination limits virus transmission. So even vaccinated people can get covid and transfer it to other people. So all that governments talk that vaccination solves everything is BS. There is now limited data confirming that Pfizer reduces the transmission. So far there is no info on AstraZeneca and its impact on transmission. Pfizer is also more efficient and it takes only 3 weeks to build significant covid immunity compared to 12 weeks with AstraZeneca.

The conclusion is that all front line workers and family members should be vaccinated with only Pfizer ASAP, all front line workers should have proper PPE (including N95) and don't start me on building proper quarantine facilities.

One has to believe that governments are incompetent and/or try to save money (while lockdowns cost an order of more). Also Australia should do anything to obtain licence and produce RNA type vaccines locally. It's a superior strategy, easy to adapt to variants. Australia is actually one of only 10 countries objecting to waving intellectual properties rights to covid related products (vaccines, drugs, ...) which is absolute disgrace.

Just hopeless governments subjected to big business influence.

Absolutely agree with this, just because you're vaccinated I'm assuming that doesn't mean that you can't spread it, but aren't we locally (or will begin to) produce the AstraZeneca vax here?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Absolutely agree with this, just because you're vaccinated I'm assuming that doesn't mean that you can't spread it, but aren't we locally (or will begin to) produce the AstraZeneca vax here?
Yes, we should start getting approx 1M AstraZeneca per week made locally (in total 50M doses as per licence agreement) anytime now.

Yes, vaccinated people can still get infected and spread virus to other people. Only data available so far is that Pfizer does limit transmission to other people (but not eliminate). Then there are other issues that politicians conveniently don't talk about and that is the new variants and the effectiveness of current vaccines against them and how long does the immunity last. We may end up with annual vaccinations using updated vaccines similar to flue.

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
NSW and QLD Govt in open warfare now with the ScuMo marketing non Govt over vaccines. What a terrible error it was people voting him in. Now we may have to suffer the consequences up here with the Carlton game. Fingers crossed today’s encouraging results get backed up tomorrow.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So I was saying to a mate last night that I don’t hate the Pies like everyone else does because they haven’t gone and raided us for our players like other VFL clubs.
He then said that Eddie Maguire has been undermining us and campaigned against us being an expansion club.

Is this true? What has Collingwood’s attitude been towards us both before and after us coming Into the league??

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
So I was saying to a mate last night that I don’t hate the Pies like everyone else does because they haven’t gone and raided us for our players like other VFL clubs.
He then said that Eddie Maguire has been undermining us and campaigned against us being an expansion club.

Is this true? What has Collingwood’s attitude been towards us both before and after us coming Into the league??
The majority of clubs didn't want expansions. You'd be hard pressed to find clubs pre 2011 they wanted us or GWS in the league. Eddie has always been against clubs outside of Vic getting any sort of leg up

whilst I can’t speak for anything I’ve heard about the SUNS, I remember him campaigning hard about Brisbane’s extra cap in the early 2000s. He was also outspoken about the Swans with their Cola. He believes that all teams should be treated equally so I suspect he wouldn’t have liked some of the concessions that we have received both at start up and since.

The majority of clubs didn't want expansions. You'd be hard pressed to find clubs pre 2011 they wanted us or GWS in the league. Eddie has always been against clubs outside of Vic getting any sort of leg up

jinx

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The club presidents had to vote in the expansion of the AFL so (atleast in 2008) they were for it. "In March 2008, the AFL won the support of the league's 16 club presidents to establish sides on the Gold Coast and in Western Sydney".

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Daniel Harford said this morning on RSN that the bulldogs game might get shifted to make way for the AFLw grand final on that day

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Not so fun fact.
Eagles kicked the last goal in the first 3 qtrs and the last 5 goals in the 4th.

Crows kicked the last goal in the 1st, last 3 in the 2nd, last 2 goals in both the 3rd & 4th qtrs. In time on Crows scored 10.5 to 1.2

Do we drop off due to fitness? I love some of the footy we are playing but we just can’t sustain it for 4 full qtrs.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not so fun fact.
Eagles kicked the last goal in the first 3 qtrs and the last 5 goals in the 4th.

Crows kicked the last goal in the 1st, last 3 in the 2nd, last 2 goals in both the 3rd & 4th qtrs. In time on Crows scored 10.5 to 1.2

Do we drop off due to fitness? I love some of the footy we are playing but we just can’t sustain it for 4 full qtrs.

This is a long term issue with the suns letting teams score in “red time”

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Less rotations this year also doesn’t help a younger team
With a young defence that are prone to lapses as well doesn't help. We are starting to get the boys past that 50 games mark when the consistency seems to come to the fore but still our older heads need to lead better and harder.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Shifted where and when?

Listen from 11 mins

Back