No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
So I’ve eventually gotten up to the Gold Coast! Really pumped and looking forward to my stay..

Just wondering, is there any places/shops etc on the coast that have suns stuff other than the Suns shop? What is rebel like for suns gear? FIA

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
So I’ve eventually gotten up to the Gold Coast! Really pumped and looking forward to my stay..

Just wondering, is there any places/shops etc on the coast that have suns stuff other than the Suns shop? What is rebel like for suns gear? FIA
Last time I was up I managed to find some at a sports shop at pacific fair, also at harbour town

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

There’s a souvenir shop in surfers paradise near Hard Rock Cafe that used to sell some suns stuff

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United

Rebel Sports at Pac Fair & Robina Town Centre has Suns gear. Also Sporty’s Warehouse at Bundall usually has a bit.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I must admit I’ve been quite disappointed

Gold Coasters:
I’ve seen no one at all down the street in Suns or Titans fear but I’ve seen people in Richmond, Adelaide, Carlton, Melbourne, Knights, Broncos, Storm, Rabbitohs

Gear:
I’ve been to a few shops including Pacific Fair Rebel etc and there were more gear for Victorian teams than the Suns! The suns only had 2-3 AFLW guernseys that were from 2020.

cmon GC, you’ve gotta lift!

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Gold Coasters:
I’ve seen no one at all down the street in Suns or Titans fear but I’ve seen people in Richmond, Adelaide, Carlton, Melbourne, Knights, Broncos, Storm, Rabbitohs

Gear:
I’ve been to a few shops including Pacific Fair Rebel etc and there were more gear for Victorian teams than the Suns! The suns only had 2-3 AFLW guernseys that were from 2020.

I wish things were different but you have to understand both the Suns and Titans have been very mediocre for the last decade which means most locals don't really feel pride for their teams. Also, a large percentage people who live on the Gold Coast are first or second generation Sydneysiders/Melburnians. They already have their affiliations to teams down south and until the local teams start performing well, they won't convert. Then you also have a smaller percentage who are from Brisbane or have some tie to Brisbane and support the Broncos accordingly.

We'll get there. We just need a local team to have a sustained period of success.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Gold Coasters:

Gear:

I hear you. It’s quite a difficult mission.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I wish things were different but you have to understand both the Suns and Titans have been very mediocre for the last decade which means most locals don't really feel pride for their teams. Also, a large percentage people who live on the Gold Coast are first or second generation Sydneysiders/Melburnians. They already have their affiliations to teams down south and until the local teams start performing well, they won't convert. Then you also have a smaller percentage who are from Brisbane or have some tie to Brisbane and support the Broncos accordingly.

We'll get there. We just need a local team to have a sustained period of success.
I get that. Eventually this needs to change! The GC is unique as there is only the one team in the region. Adelaide has two teams as does Sydney and Perth... we need to embrace this opportunity of ours and really make the Suns our own team!!!

I think I’m more disappointed about no gear on the coast though as I can’t get anything in Melbourne then head up and can get Victorian teams but no suns! That’s deflating

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I get that. Eventually this needs to change! The GC is unique as there is only the one team in the region. Adelaide has two teams as does Sydney and Perth... we need to embrace this opportunity of ours and really make the Suns our own team!!!
We also don't face the historical issues which will virtually guarantee a city like Brisbane should always be a rugby league town (at least in our life time). Rugby league doesn't have a stranglehold on the Gold Coast market which means the city is essentially up for grabs for whichever team can have a sustained period of success first. The Titans had two really solid years in 09-10 when they were a legitimate top 4 team with very likeable and marketable players in their squad like Scott Prince, Preston Campbell, Mat Rogers etc. I can honestly say the city was very invested in the Titans back then and there was a lot of pride in the Titans. Unfortunately for the Titans (and fortunately for us) they completely fell away from 2011 onwards and the door is now wide open again for either code to take over.

In Brisbane it doesn't matter how successful the Lions are, they will never overtake the Broncos in terms of popularity. In fact, the Lions are probably going to fall even further behind in their market when the NRL introduces another Brisbane franchise in the next few years and they also have to contend with other pro sports teams that can have good periods of success/popularity like the Heat, Reds, Roar, Bullets, Firebirds etc. We only have to compete with one team which makes things a lot easier.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The club should bring back the concept of locals round and make $10 instead

IMG_5433.JPG

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah Haines’ last media appearance was after Rowell’s injury

You hear from Haines when things are going ok or injury update, keep hearing from Cochrane crying about the day grand final and Evans has been silent since last year.. surely with the way the team is performing you can’t expect dew to front the media too he has something more important to work on

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Fixtures next lot been announced. These games are where we should start to get some of our depth back and potentially make a charge?

Saturday, May 15
Gold Coast v Brisbane at Metricon Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

Saturday, May 22
Geelong v Gold Coast at GMHBA Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

clashes with our U18s
Knights vs Gold Coast Suns (PCO) 1pm

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Fixtures next lot been announced. These games are where we should start to get some of our depth back and potentially make a charge?

Saturday, May 15
Gold Coast v Brisbane at Metricon Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

Saturday, May 22
Geelong v Gold Coast at GMHBA Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

clashes with our U18s
Knights vs Gold Coast Suns (PCO) 1pm
will you go to GHMBHGHSNDMABA stadium mate?

Back