No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Bods will love this .......the "handbaggers" got absolutely smashed.....and I didn't mind it either.;)

Week 1 of #AFLFinals for Geelong…
2017 - lowest score of season
2018 - lowest score of season
2019 - lowest score of season
2020 - 3rd lowest score of season
2021 - lowest score of season

I would be just happy to see my team make finals tbh

Brisbane has a team of the most unlikeable footballers
You can go a long way filling your team up with "players" like Lyons Hodge Zorko Rich Robinson Mathieson and Lester but you aint going all the way to the top
Disagree, all of those guys play with heart and ticker. That's something you can't teach. I'd rather a team of average talent with the desire to win than a team stacked with talent that think they're above the little things - something us and Carlton seem to be having problems with.

Richmond won their 3 premierships off the back of middle tier talented players putting their asses on the line for the team.

The Titans are officially playing finals this year and the NRL look like they are going to announce a new Brisbane franchise soon.

I really hope this creates a sense of urgency for the AFL to get things right with us. We can't keep treading water. We're going to fall way behind if we don't get it right soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought the opposite. Port doesn't play well enough away from Adelaide for me to be confident if they get through. If Dogs make it through I think it's a possibility
Actually l think you are correct. Melbourne by 40 + regardless of whether it's Port or Bulldogs.
Gawn is such a massive weapon and the midfield are all beasts.

I actually thought the opposite. Port doesn't play well enough away from Adelaide for me to be confident if they get through. If Dogs make it through I think it's a possibility
Keath is a huge out for the Bulldogs. Last time he missed a game, Peter Wright kicked 7 goals in Essendon's win over them. That says a lot and they have a far more difficult challenge tonight in the form of Charlie Dixon.

Keath is a huge out for the Bulldogs. Last time he missed a game, Peter Wright kicked 7 goals in Essendon's win over them. That says a lot and they have a far more difficult challenge tonight in the form of Charlie Dixon.
I think if the dogs make it through they have a midfield that can compete against Melbourne's, but you're right - Keath out is a massive hole in their list now.

Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Dunkley, Treloar, Smith, and Hunter
vs
Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw, and Langdon

I don't think Port does. Lycett, Wines, Boak, Duursma, Houston, Drew and Amon just don't have anywhere near as much star power of those other two lists.

But I hope I'm wrong. As of right now I hope Port get up and win the whole thing.

I think if the dogs make it through they have a midfield that can compete against Melbourne's, but you're right - Keath out is a massive hole in their list now.

Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Dunkley, Treloar, Smith, and Hunter
vs
Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw, and Langdon

I don't think Port does. Lycett, Wines, Boak, Duursma, Houston, Drew and Amon just don't have anywhere near as much star power of those other two lists.

But I hope I'm wrong. As of right now I hope Port get up and win the whole thing.
Can't rule them out at this stage. They were the form team of the competition going into the finals.

We know Steven May is at least injured and possibly out so the Dees could be facing a very similar problem in the Grand Final. You'd seriously be licking your lips right now if you were Dixon because both teams are either missing their best key defender or will be playing them injured.

Thinking about the trajectory of other clubs - who will be up the top in the next 5 years?

Suns (one can dream), Brisbane, Bulldogs, Essendon, Roos, Power, Swans, Saints - top 8?

Think Collingwood, Giants, Crows, Blues, Dockers - mid table?

Down the bottom Hawks, Eagles, Geelong, Tigers - bottom 4?

It's hard to imagine those clubs in the bottom 4 but would love to see it.

Thinking about the trajectory of other clubs - who will be up the top in the next 5 years?

Suns (one can dream), Brisbane, Bulldogs, Essendon, Roos, Power, Swans, Saints - top 8?

Think Collingwood, Giants, Crows, Blues, Dockers - mid table?

Down the bottom Hawks, Eagles, Geelong, Tigers - bottom 4?

It's hard to imagine those clubs in the bottom 4 but would love to see it.
At this rate the bulldogs will be in the top 4 for the next 10 years

Constantly getting kissed on the dick by the broken VFL draft system.

For a team to finish top 8 two years in a row and get auto dibs on the number 1 and number 2 rated player from those two drafts is stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back