Toast The SUNS greatest ever win - You Decide

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
There seems to be a lot of negativity on the board recently due to our lack of form. Be it justified or not, it is not the reason why we come on here to post.

I thought I would crack something out to reminisce in a few of the brighter times we have had in our short lives as SUNS supporters.

I want everyone to reach back and go through our back catalogue of victories and determine which victory has been the best to you. The word description of 'best' can be for any number of reasons!

Was it a scintillating come from behind victory to beat the Power for our first win?
Could it be an against all odds upset of the Swans at the SCG?
Maybe it is a victory that sticks out in your mind for personal/sentimental reasons?

Once a few people have posted, I will set a poll and we can decide up until now, the Gold Coast SUNS greatest ever victory :blacksunrays:

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I used to think it was the Collingwood win when we had no bench in the final term but Sydney upset in 2018 takes it for me given how much of an underdog we were and the fact we didn’t tend to play well in the second half of the year. Keep in mind we came back from being 6 or 7 goals down at quarter time too! Up to then too the SCG wasn’t too kind to us as well.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I used to think it was the Collingwood win when we had no bench in the final term but Sydney upset in 2018 takes it for me given how much of an underdog we were and the fact we didn’t tend to play well in the second half of the year. Keep in mind we came back from being 6 or 7 goals down at quarter time too! Up to then too the SCG wasn’t too kind to us as well.

Definitely up there - I remember the feeling after that win that we were going to make finals. But then the severity of Abletts injury hit and I dont know if we even won another game?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
1. v Collingwood 2014 // RIP gary ablett
2. v Sydney at SCG // Comeback from 40 points or so
3. v West Coast 2020 // Got pumped by port and the rise of Rowell
4. v Geelong // Bennell kicks 6
5. v Hawks // 84 point win when we we lost by like 80 against GWS the week before

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.09.12 am.png

From the coast but had been a Brisbane supporter since the Bears days until I went to this game in 2011.
Found myself cheering for my home town Gold Coast team.
Suns fan since.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Where do you rate the Suns first ever win back in 2011 against Port? Justin Westhoff missing the shot on goal after the siren.

Not a Suns fan but I live in Melbourne now and went to your game against Richmond on Thursday night.

Easily the best non-Lions game I've attended. Celebrated like I was watching my own team win.

That game could easily be a fortune changer for your club to win like that.

ajsars

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Favourite was the Karmichael kick after the siren. Flew up to cairns for a weekend away with some mates, had a great weekend and that just topped it off. Wasn’t massive in terms of the season but the atmosphere and who it was really made it a great night. Anytime we beat the pies is also good

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
That Karmichael Hunt goal still stings.

Back