Discussion The suspension to Long could end up being a blessing.....

Remove this Banner Ad

NeXus Nick

All Australian
Jan 28, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we beat South Melbourne this week then the suspension to Long did not hurt us. In fact it could be a blessing with Longy coming back fully refreshed ahead of our 3 games in 14 days.......As long (pardon the pun), as we beat the Swans.

I just hope we don't get any further injuries for a few weeks. With Hanners, Dunstan and Ross injured, we can't afford many more before you hit that tipping point.

In a way I'm slightly interested to see what we would do about midfield depth.
I'd like to think Hunter Clark gets first crack at moving in there, but the natural In at halfback for him would have been Webster.
Byrnes wasn't playing his usual role when he was given his debut, and frankly it's my biggest hate about player development when someone plays well in VFL/scratch games in midfield, earns a game, then you play them as a pressure forward.
So maybe Byrnes gets to actually play midfield.
Or does Bytel get his chance? Is he ready for it? If we're now potentially looking at solidifying top 8, do we risk playing him and if he is off the pace our midfield gets swamped?

Our midfield got swamped by Collingwood, they rotated so many players through there we couldn't keep up with it. So it doesn't look pretty when it happens...

In a way I'm slightly interested to see what we would do about midfield depth.
I'd like to think Hunter Clark gets first crack at moving in there, but the natural In at halfback for him would have been Webster.
Byrnes wasn't playing his usual role when he was given his debut, and frankly it's my biggest hate about player development when someone plays well in VFL/scratch games in midfield, earns a game, then you play them as a pressure forward.
So maybe Byrnes gets to actually play midfield.
Or does Bytel get his chance? Is he ready for it? If we're now potentially looking at solidifying top 8, do we risk playing him and if he is off the pace our midfield gets swamped?

Our midfield got swamped by Collingwood, they rotated so many players through there we couldn't keep up with it. So it doesn't look pretty when it happens...

Webster would have been first in, but we still have Savage.

Perhaps Nicko.

Sorry but whenever you post I always think back to when you posted that picture of the champagne being popped open as we’d signed Josh Kelly.

Oh well sometimes your sources can let you down at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back