The Swans Blog

Remove this Banner Ad

The totally unjustified hyper criticism of Alastair Clarkson; Longmire is not immune.

http://theswansblog.com/2017/05/03/...-constant-criticism-of-longmire-and-clarkson/

One of your best.

My hope is that this board can be a place where people can voice their opinions in an honest and frank manner; for the most part, I think we've done a pretty good job at meeting this objective. Though I do think there is an obligation for us to be considered in our criticism.

I find the sack Horse stuff and the claims that something is "rotten" at the club to be a bit bizarre personally, but if it leads to an honest assessment of the club's weaknesses then it can be a good thing. I will say overall the fan response hasn't been too bad.

Last edited:
Cheers RW its been eating away since last year. The AFL is unquestionably one of the toughest elite sports in the world to be constantly at the top of, since you can't financially incentivize individuals beyond a fixed limit. Then it comes down to success, prestige, history and support staff.

NBA and NFL have controls like the AFL but operating on a ridiculous level financially that's extremely difficult to compete with. Just look at baseball and football in various continents.

This isn't England where we sack the coach after a down trodden run of form.

One of your best.

My hope is that this board can be a place where people can voice their opinions in an honest and frank manner; for the most part, I think we've done a pretty good job at meeting this objective. Though I do think there is an obligation for us to be considered in our criticism.

I find the sack Horse stuff and the claims that something is "rotten" at the club to be a bit bizarre personally, but if it leads to an honest assessment of the club's weaknesses then it can be a good thing. I will say overall the fan response hasn't been too bad.
Completely agree. Have been thinking about how to say exactly that without it sounding like the "how to support" arguments.

Any method so long as the outcome is the most beneficial to the club overall is my wish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL "attempt" to explain themselves; heap mud on deliberate rule. Clear as mud now
1f914.png
1f44e.png
1f44e.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back