Fundraiser The Sweet F.A. Daffodil Day appeal

daffodils.jpg
People of the Sweet F.A. old, young and BLERN,

This is a call to arms. 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with a form of cancer by the time they turn 85. Every year we lose at least 44,000 to this beast of a disease. Nobody is safe from cancer and treatments are expensive and aren't guaranteed to work. In case you didn't know, cancer is a disease of the body's cells. Normally cells grow and multiply in a controlled way, however, if something causes a mistake to occur in the cells' genetic blueprints, this control can be lost. Cancer is the term used to describe collections of these cells, growing and potentially spreading within the body. As cancerous cells can arise from almost any type of tissue cell, cancer actually refers to about 100 different diseases.

Cancer cells that do not spread beyond the immediate area in which they arise are said to be benign ie. they are not dangerous. If these cells spread into surrounding areas, or to different parts of the body, they are known as malignant - commonly referred to as cancer.

We all know someone who has been affected by cancer and it not only is terrible for the person suffering through the disease but terrible for the family and people around the person. We in the Sweet F.A. were rocked by cancer last year when Fred passed away. Wether you know the person personally or not, hearing of a persons death because of cancer is heartbreaking.

So what can we do? By donating to Cancer council in honour of 'Daffodil day' we help by funding life saving research and treatment for those suffering from cancer. So what is Daffodil day? Daffodil Day is an important date in Cancer Council’s calendar with the day being one of Australia's most iconic events. Every year, supporters and volunteers come together in the community to sell daffodils, merchandise and collect donations to help fund our vital work.
This year Daffodil Day will take place on Friday 24 August across Australia to raise funds for life-saving cancer research. This year the event celebrates 32 years of turning Australia yellow, with Cancer Council aiming to raise more than $4 million for cancer research.

The daffodil is the international symbol of hope and with every daffodil sold, Cancer Council can invest in life-saving research to give Australians the best chance of survival.

Thanks to Cloud_, Mobbs and Chief who have allowed all donors to compete in a charity match on Daffodil day as well as this shiny new badge!
538678_177e8d4c14deac96632933cf60795e3e.png
Thanks to Fizzler for the design and Ant Bear for setting up the donation page.

Entry to the charity match is only open to the first 44 donors.

The donation link is here
Links to find out more about daffodil day and how you can help by volunteering can be found here

So lets get together as a community and save some lives!
#doitforfred

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Someone really wants a badge.

I should explain, I mean it's a nice gesture, but I do have my cynicism to charity matches.
I'm not doing this for a badge (It was Cloud_'s idea for a badge)
I'm doing this because I recently lost my extremely close uncle at age 60 to cancer and I don't want anyone to have to go through that.

Back