Media The ******* Sweet FA Has Turned to sh*t! Grand Re Opening on Now.

Remove this Banner Ad

of the fun squeezed out of them
Unfortunately, some of the targets found it very un-fun.

Some people couldn't figure that out. So we wound it back. And the "genuine characters" (2 or 3 people) pushed back like it was their God-given right to "make people melt" on a forum.

Right now you can't even handle a couple of jokes about the OP of this thread. Glass jaw, matey.

You're dumb as well as precious, you hate to see it.
The first thread was tactical genius you just couldn't handle. The fact you took it the wrong way was even more delicious.

And the 2nd? I stated I was away for the week on my annual boys trip, and logged in as soon as I was back on the weekend. But you know that.

And if you haven't seen me make it through a week let alone a season:

1) you're bullshitting, because behind the scenes you used to help me with shoops

2) it's probably because you've got your head up your own arse, which is both the smelliest echo chamber of all time and a lonely place to be.

You've become well known as a fantastic melter amongst many. If only people could see the real TiF that posts behind closed doors. He's an angry little man.

You don't take being challenged very well.
You're the one throwing the stones, mate.

For the Sweet FA to have turned to s**t, that would suggest to me there was a time when it was actually exceptional.

I must admit, I enjoy myself no matter the opposition as it’s about making your own fun, and I think that’s the problem here. Most of you are desperate for validation, the need to be liked, that’s ok by the way, it’s natural to want to be liked, but concentrate on doing whatever it is that you enjoy, and the rest will fall into place. Some of you might even stop wasting your time on the internet and get out into the workforce one day, I hope.

One thing my compatriot Tony is good at doing is inciting rage amongst the dribbling masses, as this thread has clearly outlined. He is allowed to voice his opinion just like anyone else is, but because it’s a Bomber doing it you guys can get a little foamy.
Show some decorum people, he’s not attacking you personally, he doesn’t know you so there is no need for the unprecedented vitriol.

TL;DR

Stop wasting your time in here and get out there and contribute to society. I have faith in you all, even Sterge

Much love,

Vein xoxo

Christ on a bike do you ever shut the fu** up?
4tPb1B9.gif

Unfortunately, some of the targets found it very un-fun.

Some people couldn't figure that out. So we wound it back. And the "genuine characters" (2 or 3 people) pushed back like it was their God-given right to "make people melt" on a forum.

Right now you can't even handle a couple of jokes about the OP of this thread. Glass jaw, matey.

Genuinely disrespectful to the “2 or3” mate!

Maybe if you turned up campaigner you'd have something to cry about.

Oh boy.

You're not having a go at OTHERS being soft are you Tiffy?

You've got to be the weakest campaigner on this site. You couldn't even handle half a week of Furies before you and your lot went to sh*t. Where we got told behind the scenes to go easy on you. We got told to back off. You really stood up to the heat didn't you...

And we have you and your lot still whining two weeks after playing us the second time.

The irony of you and NaturalDisaster puffing your chests out in here is too much.

Un*******believable.
You were hiding in plain sight the first time around, and last time you were nowhere to be seen.

You talk a tough game mate but when push comes to shove you disappear...

Don't think I've ever seen you make it through a full week, let alone a season.

Should probably take some of your own advice.
You're dumb as well as precious, you hate to see it.
The first thread was tactical genius you just couldn't handle. The fact you took it the wrong way was even more delicious.

And the 2nd? I stated I was away for the week on my annual boys trip, and logged in as soon as I was back on the weekend. But you know that.

And if you haven't seen me make it through a week let alone a season:

1) you're bullshitting, because behind the scenes you used to help me with shoops

2) it's probably because you've got your head up your own arse, which is both the smelliest echo chamber of all time and a lonely place to be.

You've become well known as a fantastic melter amongst many. If only people could see the real TiF that posts behind closed doors. He's an angry little man.

You don't take being challenged very well.
Now excuse me if I don't reply petals, the FIL has just turned up. Back laterssssssss.
You're the one throwing the stones, mate.
0B539F09-E77E-4C71-B56D-BBCAA406D67D.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certain weeks are better than others.....
That's actually not really the point.

Part of it is about allowing controversy to manifest. Part of it is about allowing creativity to thrive. Currently, we're just waiting for a poster or two to generate a new form of media that engages most of the board. I won't go back through time, but the latest of batch of brilliance using graphics from Barry and TIF, and the different style from TigerTurbulance and TJASTA, has run its course. Just like before the the biff from the Bombers of S23/24 wore itself out pretty quickly.

Sure, anyone can opine about individual teams and weeks, but it's a broader cyclical issue at play that has been commented on ad infinitum. Tones' premise might be correct, but the argument is flawed.

The art of qooty bantering has disappeared. There are so many posters who already dislike each other for whatever reason and that spreads into the match threads. There are many aggressive posters which can turn people off and then there are others that are just repetitive. For me the best match threads are ones where you can give s**t to yourself and others without being offensive or offended. Our latest match thread was not good with rookies being accused of crap bantering yet the opposition wasn’t coming up with much either with one person posting the same image probably 30 times. Things can’t improve if everyone isn’t willing to get better. Not sure there is an easy solution as most of us think we are good posters. A lot of egos in this league. Bring back the earlier seasons when we had a heap of active posters who weren’t campaigners and could make match threads enjoyable

I am a very positive person by nature, some would say a genuine optimist and a glass half full kind of guy. I could be on a plane when the captain comes on to say we have lost both engines and are plummeting 10,000 feet per minute. The rest of the passengers are screaming and saying their goodbyes while I am sitting there thinking we will be fine. The plane will skim across the water and we will all get out and somehow be rescued.

I have been a member of the SFA since my debut back in Season 23. For the most part I have genuinely loved every minute of it and been truly engaged in all facets. Over the past few seasons though I have seen a huge shift in the SFA and it seems many posters have lost interest and are slowly but surely drifting away. Only to be replaced by the most boring breed of mother f***ers imaginable. Most match threads nowadays are an absolute yawn fest and any time someone posts something remotely interesting or heaven forbid controversial it is conveniently deleted after some soft utensil reports it.

Matches finish on a Sunday night but let's make sure we get the next match thread up as early as possible on a ******* Monday. For what reason I am not sure? No thought of actually posting them on a Wednesday morning to give a couple of days for quality media to flourish? Refer my awesome thread below from 12 months ago.

This thread will be howled down by the usual suspects and that is fine. People can say what they want but the league is in the worst shape I have ever seen and I do not see it improving any time soon. Controversy gets put aside very quickly and many of the genuine characters of the league seem to have had all of the fun squeezed out of them over the past couple of seasons.

The SFA when I first started existed on posters having a red hot crack at each other and never taking a backward step. It was combative and exciting. When you got tagged into something you were fairly certain you were going to be under attack. As this place has been sanitised all of that is gone. It seems that we are trying to attract a different type of poster, in theory that is fine but I sense this place is never going to be for the major intellects in life and it will battle to survive.

Time to break the shackles SFA, the league right now has all the excitement and colour of listening to Kellie ******* Underwood commentate.

******* fix it you campaigners!
Maybe if we didn’t have such a *stain club in the Bombers ruining all forms of fun in the league, we’d be alright.

Wait, we are alright. * you.

I think everyone should just lower their expectations and realise that none of this matters, it’s all fantasy, post counts are irrelevant as top engagement really. You do you. That’s all you should be doing.

Perhaps we should stop putting so much pressure and stress on people to be “better” than what they are.

I post my way. Always will. It’s how I get my most enjoyment. I don’t give a * if someone thinks my banter sucks, or I’m not posting enough, or anything like that. The moment you fall into thinking you HAVE to post a way that others want you to post then you’ve already lost whatever attachment of joy you held to this league.

He was extremely independent and never gave me the feeling that he played favourites. I will add this is my opinion and you asked. I do not mod bash anymore!

Why so jumpy and paranoid?

Firstly, mod role and admin role are seperate, Ant Bear was never a mod. Mod bashing is against site rules, admin bashing is encouraged

Second, its not mod bashing unless you are publicly bashing or criticising a mod decision :$ We are SFA posters too

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back