Media The Sweet FA Team Activity Rankings - Pre-Season Rankings - The Sweet Spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Hi everyone. It's your favourite thread creator kdavva74 here with another thread to keep your collective minds ticking.

Anyone who keeps a tab on what I do on BigFooty would know I love mathematics and statistics. Qrownbet, my attempt at Qhampion Data, even my work on the AFLTM board, not to mention my full time job and one of my casual jobs IRL - all revolve around numbers. I have an insatiable appetite for it and I figured why not use that for good and put in quantifiable terms which Sweet FA team is the most active?

The way this thread will work is that I will look at match threads, take the 5 highest contributors from each team, add the total posts together and put them in a spreadsheet. This is a rolling rankings thread and will be done over the last 10 home & away match threads for each team. I've purposely excluded finals as that makes for an uneven playing field. This allows for the fairest possible ranking. More weighting will be placed on the more recent match threads.

Please note that these rankings are based on quantity only, and have nothing to do with quality.

EDIT: RANKINGS UPDATE
It's blatantly clear that people don't want to just celebrate high posting numbers. Therefore, these rankings will instead establish three succinct zones in regards to posting.

If you are ranked 10 to 12, congratulations, you are in the Graveyard.
graveyard.jpg

Your team is inactive, quality is irrelevant because there's not enough quantity to get it out there. You can sit there arguing the quality of your best posters but at the end of the day your club is a hollow shell with not enough contributors.

If you are ranked 4 to 9, genuine congratulations, you are in the Sweet Spot.
image_home.jpg

Your club has a healthy number of posters and is reasonably active, without going over the top. This allows for the better posters to cruise along and also encourages rookies to grow as there's not too little or too many posts to push them away or intimidate them. Your club has the optimal posting numbers.

If you are ranked 1 to 3, congratulations, you are in the Spam Tin.
spam2.jpg

Your club doesn't know when to stop and excessively spams the Sweet FA. You annoy veterans and rookies alike and make it difficult for either to break into the leviathan match threads you create. You probably don't know how to multiquote either. You are one of the biggest problems in the Sweet FA today.

PRE-SEASON RANKINGS TO BE RELEASED TONIGHT.

Last edited:

How the hell are you still employed?? :)

Because my casual jobs come around once a week or fortnight and I'm good enough at my full time job they leave me alone. :p

Nobody gives a s**t which team spams it up the most.

How about putting your nuts on the line and grade clubs on posting quality? Here’s an example:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-eternal-debate-resolved-ranking-the-core-posters.1114521/

One of my moderately successful efforts, but let’s be honest - there’s a lot to choose from.

Have a think about it, eh?

I'd like to think there's still a niche to be filled. Majority of people won't care but it's nice to have the numbers there to look at.

I'd like to think there's still a niche to be filled. Majority of people won't care but it's nice to have the numbers there to look at.

I’m trying to help you here.

Quantity of posts should never be a metric of which clubs’ posting stocks are judged.

It’s lazy, frankly

I’m trying to help you here.

Quantity of posts should never be a metric of which clubs’ posting stocks are judged.

It’s lazy, frankly

Like I said in the OP, this is about activity. I get that its lazy. But I already do Qrownbet which isn't lazy and I don't want to get my hands too full. I understand your sentiment though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* please let’s not encourage massive spamming numbers. Not good at all.
I love your enthusiasm but it’s just going to encourage rubbish.

If you listen closely enough, you can hear the sound of Sin City being flooded by the collective ejaculate of the Swamprats when this thread went up...

**** please let’s not encourage massive spamming numbers. Not good at all.

I didn't really think people would spam it for the purpose of these rankings. But if I do see evidence of it I will probably shut it down.

**** please let’s not encourage massive spamming numbers. Not good at all.
We already have enough campaigners *cough* TheCoach16 *cough* who don’t multi quote.

I didn't really think people would spam it for the purpose of these rankings. But if I do see evidence of it I will probably shut it down.

There are admittedly some teams that pat themselves on the back for how many tons they can hit.

Some posters, and by extension their clubs, grade their success based on the pure volume of horseshit they can spew at an opponent during a given match thread.

Upon further reflection...maybe this thread isn’t such a bad idea?

Some posters, and by extension their clubs, grade their success based on the pure volume of horseshit they can spew at an opponent during a given match thread.

Upon further reflection...maybe this thread isn’t such a bad idea?

Why don't you two collaborate and answer the quality v quantity debate once and for all. Yes, that's right... once and for all.

Why don't you two collaborate and answer the quality v quantity debate once and for all. Yes, that's right... once and for all.

I don’t collaborate mate.

No matter who I’d be paired with, they’d get more out of it than I would

I don’t collaborate mate.

No matter who I’d be paired with, they’d get more out of it than I would

And I don't deal in hyperbole.

Find a way. It could be your magnum opus.

Agree with a lot of the posters here that it is pointless just measuring quantity as the league suffers when spamming is celebrated. This would only be highlighted by being selective to the top 10 posters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back