The Sweet FA Wiki

Remove this Banner Ad

ANNOUNCEMENT: For convenience with it all being freely editable and all on the one page, I've created a discussion portal on the wiki itself.

It can be found
here.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This will be my little project thread for the Sweet FA Wiki I'm getting going, which will hopefully document just about the entire competition, past and present.

The site can be found at sweetfa.shoutwiki.com.

Currently, it's freely editable, so that people can come and contribute as they like, but know that as the page's administrator and bureaucrat (designates permissions, essentially can do everything) I can revert any silly edits, block IPs and potentially remove the editing feature solely for those I trust with keeping the wiki up-to-date. If you want to be an administrator, let me know your username, and I believe you'll have to be logged in on the wiki once for it to work.

Current wiki admins
Eth
Gibbsy.
Matt121
Mobbenfuhrer
Claypigeon

What needs to be done
(not yet created, created, in progress, complete)

SFA Wiki
The main page, should cover pretty much everything with useful links.

Home Page
Teams
Gibbsy. has done a very good design on the Southern Dragons page and for consistency we should stick with it across all team pages, new and old, because it looks fantastic. You can practically copy and paste the entire article he did as a template and edit everything to whatever team you're doing's needs.

The aim for these will be to have fully updated squads, records, club history, and all that.

Current
Baghdad Bombers sure beez has done a bit on this
East Side Hawks
akkaps has done a bit?
Fighting Furies being worked on by Equus?
Geelong Gumbies
being worked on by Claypigeon/StFly
Mount Buller Demons being worked on by Eth
Roys FFC sure Mobbenfuhrer will chip in
Southern Dragons being worked on by Gibbsy.
West Coast Wonders
being worked on by ClarkeM

Past being worked on by Matt121 (and also Mobbenfuhrer, I take it) - considering including the West Gate Trolls in here

Players
We can slowly chip away at this one. Brief summaries of certain periods in time (say, early years, successful times, club rebuilding, captaincy etc.) that cover one-four seasons each will work. Just do what we can, and anybody we don't know much about doesn't need an article done on them.

If anyone wants to create a player article for themselves, or if they've seen a red link somewhere on the wiki and realised a past or present player doesn't have a page, then follow the steps below:

[[Player]] is a (current/former) player (and captain/vice-captain) for {{XXX}} in the {{SFA}}.
[[Player]] = The player's name, in two double square brackets.
(current/former) = Self-explanatory.
(and (former) captain/vice-captain) = Use this if the player holds or held a top leadership position at the club.
{{XXX}} = A macro that inserts the team name, using the club abbreviations. (e.g. SDR = Southern Dragons, GUM = Geelong Gumbies, DEM = Mount Buller Demons)
{{SFA}} = A macro that links to the Sweet FA home page.

Past
Present

Seasons
Will try and have this done in a similar format to that of the AFL wiki's design, doing the round-by-round scores, ladders, stats, finals and a bunch of random rambling paragraphs summarising everything that you'll really just skip over to get to the good stuff.

Season 01
Season 02
Season 03
Season 04
Season 05
Season 06
Season 07
Season 08
Season 09
Season 10
Season 11
Season 12
Season 13

Season 14

Awards

This is a fairly easy task, just need to research who won what when. I've added specific sortable tables for the Mobbenfuhrer and AlfAndrews - these don't need to be replicated across the other medals for previous winners.

Mobbenfuhrer Medal
EKA Medal
AlfAndrews Medal
TFLUA-Tiger Medal
Deestroy Medal

Frankston Rover Award

Miscellaneous
Speaks for itself, I believe.

Last edited:
I might help with the Past Teams. Infact I am doing it right now. After that I will do the recent seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody love the dedication guys. :thumbsu:

If I get around to it I could help out.

Just did. Have only included my small list of personal accolades. :D

This is great guys.

When I first asked for a wiki, I did it from the motivation of "I am new, wtf is going on, who are all you people".

It's not super simple to know who is on what team, who is a captain etc.

So my feedback is:
- Need an intro and wtf is this all about section for n00bs.
- Need a "history" section that covers memes in use and histories of famous events/players that are referenced in daily discussion.

That stuff will make it more accessible to newcomers.

I am in fact... happy to contribute.

Good work Coopers. If you're not too sure about the history then maybe you can work on squad templates etc. There's still a heap of template refining to be done, I'm not entirely happy with them right now but it's a start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back