• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
In last years ECF, Lebron averaged 29.6/6.8/6.4 with 2.2 steals and 1.2 blocks a game in a 5 game dismantling of the Celtics. This season the Cavs won 2 of 3 regular season meetings.

Lebron has played Boston 34 times int eh playoffs, scoring at least 30 in 20 of those games, with 2 45 point games. He's averaging 34.5/9/9.4 and shooting 55% in 11 games these playoffs. He's played in more playoff games than the entire Boston roster.

Who guards Lebron? Brown will get his shot, but he's on one leg, although the rest will help. Tatum could have a shot, but he's too important for the offensively to go toe to toe with one of the greatest players of all time for a full game. Smart will play him in bunches, he's got the strength to at least slow Lebron somewhat in the post, but Bron has a distinct height and weight advantage there. Morris will find himself switched up on him, um yeah good luck. Cleveland will run a ton of pick and roll with *Lebron and insert player here* (probably Kevin Love). Ojeleye had some success against Giannis int he first round, but this is a whole different ballgame now.

Boston meanwhile feasted on the lack of Philadelphia's ability to guard their guards/wings. Hill in particular will be a key to slowing down Rozier. Stevens will look to take advantage of some of the Cavs weaker defenders - the likes of Love, JR and Korver will be in for a torrid time. Lue has to be careful with his matchups, TT will see a ton of time on big Al. Tatum has been fantastic in the playoffs, you'd think the reward there is he'll see some of Lebron on him, particularly late in games.

Horford again is the key to Boston's chances.

I do think Cleveland 'probably' win, but underestimate a Stevens lead team at your peril.

Also... no comedy here, I ain't no SoS

Cavs in 7

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Morris will find himself switched up on him, um yeah good luck.

In fact, certain advanced statistics seem to indicate that Morris has been one of the best players in the league at defending LeBron.

In the 2015-2016 season, Morris held LeBron to just 20.5 points per 100 possessions. In that same season, LeBron averaged 36.5 points per 100 possessions. Based strictly on this metric, Morris was the best player in the league at defending King James.

Unfortunately, Morris didn’t have as much luck against LeBron in the 2016-2017 season, letting LeBron get 35.5 points per 100 possessions. Even so, this number was still on par with the rest of the league’s purported LeBron stoppers. Morris kept up with Kawhi Leonard, Jae Crowder, and actually did better than PJ Tucker and Andre Iguodala.

Morris is patchy at best and I'm not saying he'd be good at guarding lebron, but its a bit more than um yeah good luck. He'd probably be a better option than Tatum or Jaylen on one hammy.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Morris is patchy at best and I'm not saying he'd be good at guarding lebron, but its a bit more than um yeah good luck. He'd probably be a better option than Tatum or Jaylen on one hammy.

He probably is, the good luck was more to do with his play on the other end in the Philly series. Offensively he was hot garbage

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
You still don’t know how tinder works either

Right didnt rhyme....

Actually who said i don't have gags...

thom-browne-cavs-lebron.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Hopefully Boston doesn’t pull a Toronto and let Korver/Love do absolutely nothing defensively.

The flip defensive matchups are actually a nightmare in this series. Cleveland will likely try to hide JR and Korver on Smart. If Boston play Ojeleye they'll hide on him as well.

But if Boston go small, that forces Cleveland to maybe do the same, which leaves Love on Horford, forcing them to double, and its those rotations which cause Cleveland defensive miscommunications. With spot up shooters like Tatum and Brown, and even Scary Terry, thats less than ideal. Of course if they play TT at the 5, they'll look to involve him in the pnr and switch onto guards. He can handle it in bursts, but it does invite foul trouble, plus he's a turd offensively, leaving Al to roam a little bit more freely.

George Hill is going to be a key for the Cavs in this series, he has the flexibility to defend multiple guard positions. Nance might get some burn as well with his defensive flexibility

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
In all honesty i hope i never have to find out :D

Mrs. Griffen: Stewie, I keep hearing things about this Tinder app...

Stewie: Is that the dating thing where you swipe left?

Mrs. Griffen: No dear, you swipe right. Ah well, at least I know you're faithful.

Stewie: Damn straight. Wait, how do you know which direction to swipe?

Mrs. Griffen: Uh... what's on Netflix tonight?

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Mrs. Griffen: Stewie, I keep hearing things about this Tinder app...

Stewie: Is that the dating thing where you swipe left?

Mrs. Griffen: No dear, you swipe right. Ah well, at least I know you're faithful.

Stewie: Damn straight. Wait, how do you know which direction to swipe?

Mrs. Griffen: Uh... what's on Netflix tonight?
See

Swipe left to stay married

Ie success

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just before we embark on yet another Cavs Celtics series I just want to say to the Boston fans... Best of luck, may the best team earn the opportunity to get swept in the finals. For what its worth i think you lot add value to this board even though you're probably the least liked fan base that resides here.

Cheers, nahnah.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Just before we embark on yet another Cavs Celtics series I just want to say to the Boston fans... Best of luck, may the best team earn the opportunity to get swept in the finals. For what its worth i think you lot add value to this board even though you're probably the least liked fan base that resides here.

Cheers, nahnah.
You suck up you

Back