The Sydney Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in Schoeys ( Eastern side of the rail line , in the new bit just near corner of Hambledon and Schoeys rd )
Schoeys rd 2 lanes either way all the way from Windsor rd to Richmond rd now.( Built an underpass underthe rail line.)

Huge shitfight STILL going on about how they'll upgrade the Garfield rd rail crossing at Rivo :rolleyes:
Saw a ****en wedge-tail circling over at Rivo the other week , i was like " **** this really is the boonies !! "

You don't want to know how many brown snakes have been relocated from that new parcel of development then. Their territory has been paved over but they just come back. Keep your shoes on!

You don't want to know how many brown snakes have been relocated from that new parcel of development then. Their territory has been paved over but they just come back. Keep your shoes on!

Yeah it's a dead-end right next to our place with a heap of bush / creek too.
Heaps of foxes yappin all night too

4 degrees? Surely you jest

But most mornings last fortnight in Melb has been around 6-8 and topping only 15 or so

I’m flying up to Sydney tonight and can’t wait to see some proper sun again tbh

Sun's gone behind the mountains now , rug up !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding the lockout laws, what's the current vibe during nights out? Is there still unrest about it? Is there any change in sight?

Regarding the lockout laws, what's the current vibe during nights out? Is there still unrest about it? Is there any change in sight?

Current vibe nowadays... there isn't one. Many bars begin winding down at 1am, clubs wind down by 2am-3am. Odd group of people loitering around kebab shops at 3am but it still feels like a ghost town walking through the streets.

I think many Sydney-siders have just accepted that the lockouts are here to stay. We aren't getting a nightlife back.

Honestly haven't been out much the last year, lived in Europe the year before in a vibrant city centre with a great nightlife - made me miss a bustling nightlife so much.

I’ve found it’s now a huge issue unless a night spirals into a big one. My company had the Telstra business awards mid last year and nothing had been planned for beyond midnight. Once it hit and everyone wanted to kick on it was just too much effort to get to Bondi or Newtown or whatever. If you know you’re going to kick on and go all night you just start somewhere like that where you can and it’s less of an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back