The Sydney Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Vivid Western Sydney’ Just A Glow Of Backed Up Brake Lights On The M4

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, says this is one of the tens of improvements the NSW Liberal government has made in Western Sydney. “And the great thing is it will cost them absolutely nothing! Except for the cost of the new M4 toll that my government introduced for a road that had already been paid for. Apart from that it’s free!”

I am in Sydney soon for a weekend

Tell me this-

The best shop to visit in the CBD is?

The best bar for a view of the Harbour is?

The best place to eat in the CBD is?

The missus will love the QVB ( Queen Vic building ) for shopping

The best shop to visit in the CBD is?
QVB is always worth a wander, as is Red Eye Records across the road. If you're in Bondi, Gertrude & Alice Bookstore is great.

The best bar for a view of the Harbour is?
Glenmore Hotel is the classic. The Henry Deane Bar at Hotel Palisade is pretty spectacular, but the w***er factor is reasonably high.

The best place to eat in the CBD is?
Depends what type of food and what price point you're talking about. For nice restaurants that aren't bring-your-chequebook fine dining I really like Alpha, Red Lantern and Mach2. Encasa, Maybe Frank and Gogyo do really good value meals. The Peking Duck at BBQ King is an institution, but I haven't been there since they moved location a few years ago.

If you're in or around Hyde Park on a weekday morning, grab a galette at Jardin St James.

QVB is always worth a wander, as is Red Eye Records across the road. If you're in Bondi, Gertrude & Alice Bookstore is great.

Glenmore Hotel is the classic. The Henry Deane Bar at Hotel Palisade is pretty spectacular, but the w***er factor is reasonably high.

Depends what type of food and what price point you're talking about. For nice restaurants that aren't bring-your-chequebook fine dining I really like Alpha, Red Lantern and Mach2. Encasa, Maybe Frank and Gogyo do really good value meals. The Peking Duck at BBQ King is an institution, but I haven't been there since they moved location a few years ago.

If you're in or around Hyde Park on a weekday morning, grab a galette at Jardin St James.

Been seen and gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back