The Sydney Thread

Yep. I can't remember the last time I've gone out just to go out, it's just too much of an inconvenience.

It's now just going out for music gigs or planned events. If you go out and try to hop around, you run into the chance that the next venue is closed and you'll then be locked out.

From r/sydney

kpddkgjekkc11.jpg

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Barely been any rain or cloud in the UK for two months. First day of rain and overcast weather was through the blood moon. So ******* annoying.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Was born in Redfern.
Have had relatives in Randwick since 1996.
Have worked around Potts Point and Chester Hill.
Lived in Dundas
Last visited for the Autechre show in June at Max Watts.
Mum and Dad were both there in the mid 80s, both Swans (dad since South Melbourne), Mum spent some of her childhood in Penrith (more of a Byron girl though). Both got their tertiary qualifications there.

Not a big fan personally, I've always been more a regional center person myself. Give me a Canberra or Brisbane any day. Sydney obviously has a lot of good points though, and great attractions. That May/June period with Vivid and the Film Festival is always a great intro to winter.

Oatlands is an overlooked suburb, quite lovely.

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth
Had a cracking weekend in Melbourne last week. Was based around the Friday and Saturday night games but great nightlife. Has left Sydney for dead after lockout laws.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Just got back from a five day stay. If you are on a budget just fork out $30 on an Opal and just spend the day on the ferries and take photos.

Enjoyed spending AFL Grand final day and went to the NRL grand final ona $70 ticket. NRLGF was a fizzer.

I like the fact that Sydney isn't a footy obsessed fishbowl. Barely an NRL fan in the city after Monday morning and only saw three WC fans and one Collingwood fan during my stay.

Love King St Newtown. So much variety. Excellent hot chocolate place (C9), pizza (Detroit Pizza) and chicken (Clem's Chicken). So much stuff yet to try. Beats competing with tourists for tables I'm the city and Circular Quay.

Went to Manly Jazz and couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Good to see lockout laws relaxed.

Just got back from a five day stay. If you are on a budget just fork out $30 on an Opal and just spend the day on the ferries and take photos.

Enjoyed spending AFL Grand final day and went to the NRL grand final ona $70 ticket. NRLGF was a fizzer.

I like the fact that Sydney isn't a footy obsessed fishbowl. Barely an NRL fan in the city after Monday morning and only saw three WC fans and one Collingwood fan during my stay.

Love King St Newtown. So much variety. Excellent hot chocolate place (C9), pizza (Detroit Pizza) and chicken (Clem's Chicken). So much stuff yet to try. Beats competing with tourists for tables I'm the city and Circular Quay.

Went to Manly Jazz and couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Good to see lockout laws relaxed.
The crossing in front of Newtown Station was an absolute river last night.

Yeah looks nasty outside.

I’ve moved jobs so I’m no longer anywhere near the city. Working out in Guildford which is superb from a commuting point of view. The M4 has been mostly ok for the past month.
Seems to have blown out to sea.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anyone else followed purely the geography of the Hayne allegations?

I read yesterday he was drinking in either Newcastle or somewhere on the Central Coast, took a taxi to the victims house in the Hunter Valley, asked the cab to wait, then following the incident got in the cab and asked to be taken to Sydney. Best case scenario that’s gotta be 3 and 1/2 hours worth of cab fare.

Back