The Sydney Thread

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Has anyone else followed purely the geography of the Hayne allegations?

I read yesterday he was drinking in either Newcastle or somewhere on the Central Coast, took a taxi to the victims house in the Hunter Valley, asked the cab to wait, then following the incident got in the cab and asked to be taken to Sydney. Best case scenario that’s gotta be 3 and 1/2 hours worth of cab fare.
That would explain the ridiculous wage he was requesting before this all happened.

Has anyone else followed purely the geography of the Hayne allegations?

I read yesterday he was drinking in either Newcastle or somewhere on the Central Coast, took a taxi to the victims house in the Hunter Valley, asked the cab to wait, then following the incident got in the cab and asked to be taken to Sydney. Best case scenario that’s gotta be 3 and 1/2 hours worth of cab fare.

Yeah wound up at Wenty Leagues , no doubt off-guts
Still can't get my head around biting a bird down there though

Me at 6am

KA-*******-BOOOOOOOM

Bug-eyed.jpg

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
One thing I miss about Sydney is a good storm....

Although today's one was maybe a bit overboard. That looks like all sorts of manic. And there was dust storms only a few weeks ago through much of NSW (not sure it hit Sydney?)

Although today's one was maybe a bit overboard. That looks like all sorts of manic. And there was dust storms only a few weeks ago through much of NSW (not sure it hit Sydney?)

Yeah it did but blew out to sea , still hung around enough to get everything dirty but it was nothing like the one we had in 09.

Gold coast, surfers- huge electrical storm over the water. Watched it from my hotel room better than tv.

Dust storms are the worst. I remember melb had one several years back and i stupidly left my asthma puffer at work. And those days they werent over the counter ffs. /yes prob should have gone to the doctors.

Hope its settled down now up there
Yeah you wouldn't know after yesterday.

23 and patchy clouds.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Grew up in the Blue Mountains just outside of Sydney. Has always been a pipe dream to move back there one day. Lived in Meadowbank near West Ryde for a couple of years. Could take a ferry from just outside my house to Circular Quay. Was a North Sydney fan and used to go to North Sydney Oval most weekends to watch the mighty Bears. **** the NRL.

Loved Luna Park growing up, especially a ride called the Rotor. A circular room which spun and the floor dropped leaving you stuck to the wall. Used to spend hours on that.

Saw many great acts at the Sydney Entertainment Centre including Culture Club, Eurythmics, Eurogliders and Duran Duran. Also attended a couple of wrestling events there and saw Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, the Iron Sheik, the Killer Bees and others.

Moved to Queensland when I was 19. Have been back to Sydney a few times for footy and Mardi Gras but it doesn't hold any great appeal to me apart from a sentimental desire to move back to the Blue Mountains.

The Blue Mountains are beautiful. Magical. I went there for the first time a few years ago and was blown away.

Did you ever see yowies there? I watched a documentary which said that yowies live the blue mountains.

I thought yowies were a myth but now am open to them existing. :eek:

The Blue Mountains are beautiful. Magical. I went there for the first time a few years ago and was blown away.

Did you ever see yowies there? I watched a documentary which said that yowies live the blue mountains.

I thought yowies were a myth but now am open to them existing. :eek:

No but there's a panther

Back