The Sydney Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grew up in the Blue Mountains just outside of Sydney. Has always been a pipe dream to move back there one day. Lived in Meadowbank near West Ryde for a couple of years. Could take a ferry from just outside my house to Circular Quay. Was a North Sydney fan and used to go to North Sydney Oval most weekends to watch the mighty Bears. **** the NRL.

Loved Luna Park growing up, especially a ride called the Rotor. A circular room which spun and the floor dropped leaving you stuck to the wall. Used to spend hours on that.

Saw many great acts at the Sydney Entertainment Centre including Culture Club, Eurythmics, Eurogliders and Duran Duran. Also attended a couple of wrestling events there and saw Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, the Iron Sheik, the Killer Bees and others.

Moved to Queensland when I was 19. Have been back to Sydney a few times for footy and Mardi Gras but it doesn't hold any great appeal to me apart from a sentimental desire to move back to the Blue Mountains.

Go Bears!!!

You’d be in for a shock cruising from Meadowbank to Concord to Breakfast Point these days.

Completely changed now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back