Hawker55

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos
Interesting read - but what stood out to me was this comment

"“He said there were some issues internally but we’re going to sort it out. I said, ‘Mate, I’m on my way to Collingwood to sign now. That’s it – I’m done’.
“I signed with Collingwood, Bass calls me and goes, ‘You know what the sh-t was about, don’t you?’
“’Apparently you sent an email to Adrian Dodoro and he printed that out at the list management meeting and he said I don’t want to sign him because he sent that email’.
“I was favourite for the Magarey Medal in 2013, I came second in the league coach’s award by a vote, I’d just won two flags at Norwood, they were desperate for a midfielder and (said no) over an email I’d sent six years earlier.”

Dodoro seems an absolute nightmare of a guy - wouldn't even try and talk to him first before passing judgement?

Interesting read - but what stood out to me was this comment

"“He said there were some issues internally but we’re going to sort it out. I said, ‘Mate, I’m on my way to Collingwood to sign now. That’s it – I’m done’.
“I signed with Collingwood, Bass calls me and goes, ‘You know what the sh-t was about, don’t you?’
“’Apparently you sent an email to Adrian Dodoro and he printed that out at the list management meeting and he said I don’t want to sign him because he sent that email’.
“I was favourite for the Magarey Medal in 2013, I came second in the league coach’s award by a vote, I’d just won two flags at Norwood, they were desperate for a midfielder and (said no) over an email I’d sent six years earlier.”

Dodoro seems an absolute nightmare of a guy - wouldn't even try and talk to him first before passing judgement?

Can we get a bit more context to this? No idea who you're talking about and the link just goes to a subscription page.

Wasn't sure if we're allowed to copy and paste - but basically about the time we delisted Suckling expecting to re-rookie him and there was a stuff up so we called out another Mat Suckling from the Sandy Dragons. The article talks about the stuff up and how it was resolved and what happened next - basically the 'other' one was the Dragon's B&F that year but didn't end up drafted despite having interest from the Dons. After the stuff up he was pretty annoyed and wrote an email to the Dons slamming them for not taking him.

Fast forward six years and he's gone to SA and done well and Bassett is coming over to the Dons and wants to take him there as well. Turns out they wouldn't because of the email he'd written six years earlier...

Thats your definition of a Cowboy outfit. when people in the heirarchy just do what they please and are never pulled up on it.

Given recent history you'd think the organization would be right onto anything like that

Last edited:
Wasn't sure if we're allowed to copy and paste - but basically about the time we delisted Suckling expecting to re-rookie him and there was a stuff up so we called out another Mat Suckling from the Sandy Dragons. The article talks about the stuff up and how it was resolved and what happened next - basically the 'other' one was the Dragon's B&F that year but didn't end up drafted despite having interest from the Dons. After the stuff up he was pretty annoyed and wrote an email to the Dons slamming them for not taking him.

Fast forward six years and he's gone to SA and done well and Bassett is coming over to the Dons and wants to take him there as well. Turns out they wouldn't because of the email he'd written six years earlier...
So we’ve called out the wrong Mat Suckling, and started calling out the wrong L Franklin at the draft ........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back