No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 69 - Where we dump all the off topic crap from other threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it?
I’m a little bit of a fantasy nerd.

Amazon Prime have green lit The Wheel of Time.

I’m of the opinion it’s too big to succeed on screen but I’ll probably purchase a Prime Subscription closer to the pilot episode and watch it anyway.

I’m of the opinion it’s too big to succeed on screen but I’ll probably purchase a Prime Subscription closer to the pilot episode and watch it anyway.
You never know. It might be great.

I'm not much into fantasy stuff on TV...apart from Westworld (I have GOT on hard drive, but haven't watched any of it yet, lol). Actually, I'm not sure if that's fantasy or sci-fi.

Anyway...

Just found out one of my favourite book series has been green lighted by Amazon Prime to make into a TV Series.

Not sure how I feel about that. :(

I find the scope of WoT to be massive. Will be a bit difficult I think.

if they do a good job on 'magician' then wheel of time just might work

I'm not much into fantasy stuff on TV...apart from Westworld (I have GOT on hard drive, but haven't watched any of it yet, lol). Actually, I'm not sure if that's fantasy or sci-fi.

Anyway...

Me either mate GoT is the only thing I’ve ever seen from that genre that got me given how good it is. Haven’t watched anything of westworld. Doesn’t grab me but might give it a go

I find the scope of WoT to be massive. Will be a bit difficult I think.
It will be very difficult and some of the stuff I’ve read about the first season has me worried (season one is apparently from someone else’s point of view, instead of who many Wheel of Time readers expect).

I’m willing to give it a shot, however while the action in the series is awesome and I think will translate to screen well, the politics is quite immature (imo) compared to GoT.

Also I did hear about Magician. One of my most favourite books ever! Looking forward to seeing that on television!

Anyway...
GoT is definitely fantasy, but it's the Deadwood of fantasy, you'll love it

GoT is definitely fantasy, but it's the Deadwood of fantasy, you'll love it
I want to watch GoT, however I’m going to wait until the series is finished next year then I’ll watch it from the start.

At least they’ll actually finish the television series, unlike ASoIaF which I doubt ever get’s finished! (Why I haven’t even thought about reading it yet).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be very difficult and some of the stuff I’ve read about the first season has me worried (season one is apparently from someone else’s point of view, instead of who many Wheel of Time readers expect).

I’m willing to give it a shot, however while the action in the series is awesome and I think will translate to screen well, the politics is quite immature (imo) compared to GoT.
the central characters at the start of WoT ground the story and give the viewer and film maker a solid foundation.
of course, then it just gets huge later

ok, so if we're getting magician and WoT.... next i want thomas covenant and the belgariad

the central characters at the start of WoT ground the story and give the viewer and film maker a solid foundation.
of course, then it just gets huge later

ok, so if we're getting magician and WoT.... next i want thomas covenant and the belgariad
I have no problem with who I’ve heard may be the main POV character in season 1, definitely one of the central characters, the problem is in the books this character is just shrouded in mystery and no one knows what they’re thinking or trying to do. (However they are definitely one of my favourite characters).

Never read Thomas Covenant but The Belgariad would be awesome!

Belgariad isn’t as dramatic or action packed as WoT, Riftwar and GoT however, probably wouldn’t translate well for television.

Not sure his widow would allow them to make that into a series anyway..

maybe we'll get Sparhawk one day.....
I do like Sparhawk but his best friend was always my favourite character in those books, the guy that falls in love with Elenia’s lady in waiting, she absolutely twists him inside out, it was always hilarious their back and forths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back