No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my family lives in the U.S.
That's what they said.
The blue-collar traditional Democrat voters in industrial areas supported Sanders but felt ignored by Clinton.
She did not even visit some of the industrial areas, thinking they would all vote Democrat.
They shifted to the far right and we saw the result.

And yet a dull 0-0 draw against your neighbours is going to cost you the EPL title. :D nothing bitter about that. ;)

Seriously though TIA, if your mob doesn't win the CL then it has to be classed as a waste of a season i reckon, near faultless season and nothing to show for it.

100% it will be , no use making a final and losing it ,can’t put them in the cabinet . If we do happen to lose the league it will be because we drew with Leicester , Hammers , you guys , United , Palace and of course losing to City didn’t help .
But it’s not over yet and I actually think Brighton will score an equaliser in the 92 nd minute just to add to the drama :)

Spot on. Its a joke. The world is broken thanks to all these micro based ideologies that produce total mayhem and absurd impracticalities when trying to uphold.

I've got a friend who worked in the USA on the Clinton campaign and you are spot on. When the Dems did their research into why/how they blew that election campaign, a key issue (not the only issue) was the fact that a heap of ordinary working class/Dem voters chose to vote for Trump - not because they liked him...in fact they hated him - but simply for the fact they'd had a gutful of all these endless unworkable micro inclusion policies that the Dems had been creating and wanting to do much more of. The cost, the inequities, the confusion, the totally impractical nature of a lot of them at the expense of more fundamental and broad based issues affecting the majority that they needed to address and have policy on. So they voted for a meat and potatoes ahole as a form of protest.

AFLW is discriminatory unless the AFL changes to AFLM. And on it goes.

World going crazy. And that's how simpleton populist people like Trump get elected. Scary stuff.

Have this gut feeling this election will be closer than people think.

If the Liberal Party's advertisements are anything to go by, they must think there is a stagerring number of stupid people out there because the advertisements either make no sense at all or contain flat-out lies. The one that I particularly like is their claim that Labor is introducing a "family business tax". Working in tax, but having never heard of such a thing (outside of Liberal Party advertisements), I had to find out what it was. Apparently, it hits those who run their business using a family trust. Really? It's complete bollocks because anyone who is running a business using a family trust can issue a PAYG payment summary (group certificate) to anyone who works in the business (including themselves) and that person will pay the same rate of tax as anyone else who goes to work and comes home with a PAYG payment summary.

Last edited:
I was going to say Doomben Cup day
Major events should just be dated by what sporting event happened, would make things a lot easier.

If the Liberal Party's advertisements are anything to go by, they must think there is a stagerring number of stupid people out there because the advertisements either make no sense at all or contain flat-out lies. The one that I particularly like is their claim that Labor is introducing a "family business tax". Working in tax, but having never heard of such a thing (outside of Liberal Party advertisements), I had to find out what it was. Apparently, it hits those who run their business using a family trust. Really? It's complete bollocks because anyone who is running a business using a family trust can issue a PAYG payment summary (group certificate) to anyone who works in the business (including themselves) and that person will pay the same rate of tax as anyone else who goes to work and comes home with a PAYG payment summary.
Their made up Carbon Tax lie worked so well that they've just used it for other things as well. At least Credlin admitted they made it up. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/carbon-tax-just-brutal-politics-credlin

Don't understand unless you post it in your usual graphic! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added another Tiger Member to the world yesterday.

Will be calling up today to buy him a membership. How long is the wait list now for premiership circle? Haha

haha hutchy you genius

The show’s demise comes after former Footy Show host Craig Hutchison urged Channel 9 to ignore the ratings and focus on the quality of the program, knowing it would be nearly impossible to beat The Front Bar and Channel 7 in the first year with a new-look team.

“If I were Channel 9, and I think the same applies to The Today Show, it’s just impractical to think they can win in their first year. It’s not possible, behaviour is built over time,” Hutchison said on The Sounding Board podcast.

“I would be spending all my time thinking about the quality of the show, as opposed to its impact. Whether it loses by 200 or 180 or 170 (thousand) it’s not really going to matter at the moment versus do we think it can get to a point where it can win?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back