No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate that crap
It's what you're used to I guess. I've done it for so long I don't know any different.

A girl I know works in hospitality and is quite vocal about her penalty rates which I can understand, but not having the emotional connection it's easy for me to see the benefits of them being removed. She just fears her paycheck will be harshly hit.

But in saying that, when it has been negotiated out well, salaries have been increased to compensate and when you do work paid overtime, it benefits you more than the previous rates.

It's what you're used to I guess. I've done it for so long I don't know any different.

A girl I know works in hospitality and is quite vocal about her penalty rates which I can understand, but not having the emotional connection it's easy for me to see the benefits of them being removed. She just fears her paycheck will be harshly hit.

But in saying that, when it has been negotiated out well, salaries have been increased to compensate and when you do work paid overtime, it benefits you more than the previous rates.
Been a shift worker all my life and the very thought that the 9-5 bloke is getting the exact same money as me but is able to have dinner with his family and watch the tigers live each week, while I and other shift workers don't have that luxury would pee me off no end.
But on the balance of that as a shift worker I can do my lawns, play golf etc because I get multiple days off in a row once a month.
So it does even itself out in a way.
What I'm beginning to hate is slowly but surely is the undermining of working conditions.

Been a shift worker all my life and the very thought that the 9-5 bloke is getting the exact same money as me but is able to have dinner with his family and watch the tigers live each week, while I and other shift workers don't have that luxury would pee me off no end.
But on the balance of that as a shift worker I can do my lawns, play golf etc because I get multiple days off in a row once a month.
What I'm beginning to hate is slowly but surely is the undermining of working conditions.
You can bet the under mining is not done for the workers benefit...
It will always be better in the future and for your kiddies future if we cut/under mine worker's conditions now!, more jobs created, blah, blah, blah...
Always rosier in the future...
Corporate greed knows no boundaries...pays no tax...hides their profit$...

You can bet the under mining is not done for the workers benefit...
It will always be better in the future and for your kiddies future if we cut/under mine worker's conditions now!, more jobs created, blah, blah, blah...
Always rosier in the future...
Corporate greed knows no boundaries...pays no tax...hides their profit$...
Totally blame the Govt.They have no idea how big of a monster they created by allowing a whole range of issues including which started all this.Overseas call centres.
I hate to think what it will be like by the time my grandkids grow up.
Hard enough now too afford a home and as each year passes the gap widens.
But that's ok Least the Chinese kids will have a roof over their heads.

Hard enough now too afford a home and as each year passes the gap widens.
Government have no idea how bad they've made this, introducing a $7k first home buyers grant saw the prices go up about $30k.

Every decision they've made since had had no downward pressure on prices.

My father in-law sprooks interest rates are too low, self funded retirees aren't spending because rates are so low and they don't have the cash nor confidence to spend, which lowering rates is supposed to do.The more I think about it, I am inclined to agree with him as this has probably been one of the biggest contributors to property prices soaring when they should have been slowly growing.

I really liked it, once 5 comes the building is empty, weekends are so much more relaxed and I could geneerally swing it so I could watch the Tigers, except when I was in the USA for about 3.5 years and I hardly watched AFL.
Being able to get things done through the week is good, and I'm lucky I got every second weekend off so I was able to see the kids play sport every second week.
My wife used to complain and ask why I couldn't work Mon to Fri, didn't take long working this routine and she actually agreed shift work is better for our routine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the major problem in this country right there...everybody looks after themselves and gives no though to how others less fortunate than themselves are doing...I'm all right Jack! she'll be right! throw another shrimp on the BBQ...and pass us a coldie!
Dont worry about the country...1,000,000 dead fish in the MDB?!? she'll be right, it will rain and it will all be good again!
Great Barrier Reef coral bleeching?!?...she'll be right, we'll put up giant umbrellas! See the giant Umbrella Tourist attraction...
Corporates sucking money out of the system...she'll be right Jack let's raise the GST!

That's the major problem in this country right there...everybody looks after themselves and gives no though to how others less fortunate than themselves are doing...I'm all right Jack! she'll be right! throw another shrimp on the BBQ...and pass us a coldie!
Dont worry about the country...1,000,000 dead fish in the MDB?!? she'll be right, it will rain and it will all be good again!
Great Barrier Reef coral bleeching?!?...she'll be right, we'll put up giant umbrellas! See the giant Umbrella Tourist attraction...
Corporates sucking money out of the system...she'll be right Jack let's raise the GST!

So true . This country’s politicians are corrupt as * .

Lol don’t pay a tax bill govt shuts your business down but yet we have the Murdoch’s of the world making billions and getting tax credits back and paying zero , zilch , nothing , donuts in tax . It’s a ******* disgrace .

speaking of golf....we need a bf tiger golf day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back