No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could I forget NYPD Blue, was my favourite show when it was on. Also 3rd watch.
Guy I worked with in the USA put me onto Rescue me, made me regret only buying NYPD souveneirs when in New York.

Expecting this to be very emotional, has a special significance for me.

You know someone affected ? Terrible if so. Gee....

Few years ago I was having a few (well a lot) of beers at the downstairs bar of Delomonico's a famous old steak restaurant down near Wall Street. Met this guy who had a very senior role with AIG. He was involved in 9/11 and lost friends - including a guy who died years later from cancer related to inhaling so much concrete dust. The stories he told were excruciating. He started crying. I almost did too.

You're more likely to get mugged in Melbourne than Manhattan. Everybody looks up and around now in NYC. Very safe.

St. Marks place in the East Village - can tell by the tattoo shop. Cheating and googling from thereon in = Rolling Stones "Waiting on a Friend" when Jagger is waiting for Keith to turn up.
Well, I guess I can't say you're wrong ... HOWEVER ... this was my reason:
Physical-Graffiti.jpg
This is next door to the tattoo parlour:
IMAG0805.jpg

How could I forget NYPD Blue, was my favourite show when it was on. Also 3rd watch.
Guy I worked with in the USA put me onto Rescue me, made me regret only buying NYPD souveneirs when in New York.

Expecting this to be very emotional, has a special significance for me.
9/11 Memorial and museum is both emotionally hard AND uplifting. What they have outside is just amazingly beautiful. Even when you've seen pics of the memorial waterfalls in the tower footprints it is just mind blowing to stand there. The museum is also very well done. Allow plenty of time.

Well, I guess I can't say you're wrong ... HOWEVER ... this was my reason:

This is next door to the tattoo parlour:

Cool. Last year went and checked out Bowie's apartment block and where he used to get the newspaper every morning. Was in the area and walking past. So much of that sort of stuff you can do in NYC.

You would like the Chelsea Hotel. Patti Smith, Sid Vicious, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Miller, Ginsberg to name just a few. All residents at one point. Walk in and check out the awesome lobby. Nobody minds.

CBGB's....the old graffitti layden toilets are still there.

Early on during my stay I was walking along the street and looking down into one of the grates that are along the sidewalk and the top of a train went past!! It's not deep at all in some places!
They tell you not to walk around staring at all the buildings because you'll be easy prey for muggers but you really can't help it! Here is a building I went out of my way to check out. For the music fans, who can point out the significance???:
View attachment 660564
Physical Graffiti cover. And the Stones did the clip for "Waiting On A Friend" out the front.

Apologies if it's been answered already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching Mr & Mrs Smith on Foxtel, forgot it was shot in New York, definitely a better action movie than Con Air!!

You know someone affected ? Terrible if so. Gee....

Few years ago I was having a few (well a lot) of beers at the downstairs bar of Delomonico's a famous old steak restaurant down near Wall Street. Met this guy who had a very senior role with AIG. He was involved in 9/11 and lost friends - including a guy who died years later from cancer related to inhaling so much concrete dust. The stories he told were excruciating. He started crying. I almost did too.
So many terrible stories to come out of this tragedy. My significance is due to being ex-Navy.

During my time living in Colorado, I was there when they delivered the Steel from the World Trade Center which they turned into a Memorial. Was quite eerie

21056196-standard.jpg

Early on during my stay I was walking along the street and looking down into one of the grates that are along the sidewalk and the top of a train went past!! It's not deep at all in some places!
They tell you not to walk around staring at all the buildings because you'll be easy prey for muggers but you really can't help it! Here is a building I went out of my way to check out. For the music fans, who can point out the significance???:
View attachment 660564
Physical Graffiti,oops already answered.

Played a gig with Valanti in NYC,we stayed in a place very similar to that building,cold running showers,sat up on the roof drinking beers and looking over Manhattan like a Batman movie,surreal.

I wanna go back,snuck into Yankee Stadium also but sat in the bleachers,these Stadiums haven’t changed much especilly the bleachers part,taps of water to have a drink,totally different from the other side.

Last edited:
So many terrible stories to come out of this tragedy. My significance is due to being ex-Navy.

During my time living in Colorado, I was there when they delivered the Steel from the World Trade Center which they turned into a Memorial. Was quite eerie

21056196-standard.jpg

They have some of those girders and the wall spires from the buildings inside the museum at the NYC memorial. They're huge. A lot of them are covered with first responder messages and things.

The chase scene in French Connection is amazing.
One of my favourite film scenes of all time is in The Godfather.
Michael visits the Don in hospital at night and sees the nurse is missing.
Coppola creates the suspense.

The chase scene in French Connection is amazing.
One of my favourite film scenes of all time is in The Godfather.
Michael visits the Don in hospital at night and sees the nurse is missing.
Coppola creates the suspense.

Yes ! What a great part of that movie. Must have watched it a dozen times.

“I am Enzo, the baker. Do you remember me ?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back