No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Henry Ziegland thought he had dodged fate. In 1883, he broke off a relationship with his girlfriend who, out of distress, committed suicide. The girl’s brother was so enraged that he hunted down Ziegland and shot him. The brother, believing he had killed Ziegland, then turned his gun on himself and took his own life. But Ziegland had not been killed. The bullet, in fact, had only grazed his face and then lodged in a tree. Ziegland surely thought himself a lucky man. Some years later, however, Ziegland decided to cut down the large tree, which still had the bullet in it. The task seemed so formidable that he decided to blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite. The explosion propelled the bullet into Ziegland’s head, killing him.'

'Henry Ziegland thought he had dodged fate. In 1883, he broke off a relationship with his girlfriend who, out of distress, committed suicide. The girl’s brother was so enraged that he hunted down Ziegland and shot him. The brother, believing he had killed Ziegland, then turned his gun on himself and took his own life. But Ziegland had not been killed. The bullet, in fact, had only grazed his face and then lodged in a tree. Ziegland surely thought himself a lucky man. Some years later, however, Ziegland decided to cut down the large tree, which still had the bullet in it. The task seemed so formidable that he decided to blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite. The explosion propelled the bullet into Ziegland’s head, killing him.'
Brilliant!

I must confess to having heard that before.

Do you have to lube up your fingers to get into a rhythm, or is the friction a good thing?
I'm one that favours a bit if friction on the fingers. If it's a warm day or night, a bit of brunchy perspiration on the hands will do the lube's job well enough.

I'm one that favours a bit if friction on the fingers. If it's a warm day or night, a bit of brunchy perspiration on the hands will do the lube's job well enough.
Yeah, you build up calluses when you're young and they tend to stay for life (never trust someone without calluses). Natures protection.

That sneer that automatically appears on your face when you see a dirt person slowly hook their ungainly thumb over the top bass string...you wait...and then they pop a hideous note with force. It's enough to make you urinate into the f-hole of a cello played by Spanish music teacher Pedro Hernandez.

Just goes to show the old addage is true
“ Never blow up a tree if you’ve been shot in the head by the brother of your ex girlfriend after they’ve both killed themselves”

Yeah, you build up calluses when you're young and they tend to stay for life (never trust someone without calluses). Natures protection.
Yep. Got them on the fleshy part of the fingertips on both hands.

It's perhaps more of a mystery how they also appeared in my crevice.

It's a Tassie thing. A mate of mine was down here last week and he loves em. He went back to Melbourne and found a place in Eastlands sell them but for $12 a pie!
Pretty much every bakery in Tassie sells scallop pies in season. Dunno if Banjos on the mainland would sell them.
I'll definitely have to check them out, only 1 in NSW and it's 30 minutes drive from me.
Looking at their menu, I've gotta go and try one of their grilled sandwiches, having lived in the States for a few years, they look like they're right up my alley!!

giphy.gif

That sneer that automatically appears on your face when you see a dirt person slowly hook their ungainly thumb over the top bass string...you wait...and then they pop a hideous note with force. It's enough to make you urinate into the f-hole of a cello played by Spanish music teacher Pedro Hernandez.
I remember a chap once asking me if I could play some of that repulsive slap and pop on my bass. With a withering glare, normally reserved for when I've masturbated into the mayonnaise jar of 59 year old semi retired fishmonger Eldridge Hernandez and the like, I simply said...

I'll definitely have to check them out, only 1 in NSW and it's 30 minutes drive from me.
Looking at their menu, I've gotta go and try one of their grilled sandwiches, having lived in the States for a few years, they look like they're right up my alley!!

giphy.gif
His face looks like there's something up his alley!

The Sonos wouldn't I reckon. But you can get a subwoofer to match later. Some come with subs. There's 20% of soundbars at JB at the moment.
I don't really want it for music. I've got a stereo for that. Just want it for movies bluray. I used to have the bluray player hooked up to the stereo but CBf these days.
I went the mid range just to check how it sounded, then bought a better one when I upgraded the TV.

I got mine through Exeltek as they were heaps cheaper than anywhere else, even with delivery. Probably should have tried to see if a local store would have matched, but they're all a 30 minute drive so I jsut ordered online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a chap once asking me if I could play some of that repulsive slap and pop on my bass. With a withering glare, normally reserved for when I've masturbated into the mayonnaise jar of 59 year old semi retired fishmonger Eldridge Hernandez and the like, I simply said...

.....“Yes. Certainly. What key would you like me to play in ?”

I should have guessed. Did you end up going home with Gary the dwarf?

It was Gerry.

You know, reality is, there’s a lot of bass players out there. Technically, anyone who has/had a big booty partner is/has been a bass player.

(Cue endless lines of jokes from that. You can all thank me later. For you Hoos that means no earlier than 72 hours.)

I should have guessed. Did you end up going home with Gary the dwarf?
Poor Gary.

I'll tell you what is breakfasty (that doesn't sound right, it's one thing else...).... Sign language. I've aquatinted myself with a guy who is stone-deaf. I really like watching the nuances and refinement of each action.

It might be hard to learn when you're a supperer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back