No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

loved George. Saw him on my 40th birthday in Vegas when he was doing warm up shows for a HBO special. He died less than a year later
That must have been awesome. He's my favourite comedian bar none. I've got all his HBO specials.

That must have been awesome. He's my favourite comedian bar none. I've got all his HBO specials.

was brilliant. a complete fluke really. Was living in the UK at the time & decided to treat myself to Vegas for my birthday as had been years before & loved it. when I arrived at the hotel, found out George was playing in a small club at another hotel, asked the concierge to hook us up with tickets & about 5 minutes later it was job done. great way to see out my 30's

was brilliant. a complete fluke really. Was living in the UK at the time & decided to treat myself to Vegas for my birthday as had been years before & loved it. when I arrived at the hotel, found out George was playing in a small club at another hotel, asked the concierge to hook us up with tickets & about 5 minutes later it was job done. great way to see out my 30's
That's so cool. So was this the material that wound up on his last HBO special (It's Bad for Ya)?

That's so cool. So was this the material that wound up on his last HBO special (It's Bad for Ya)?
I'm not 100% sure. It started off with this huge monologue about Lance Armstrong which was hilarious (before the drug cheating came out) & was about how he's sick and tired of being told which heroes we should worship. I always have a chuckle & think back to George whenever Armstrong's name comes up. This was at the time when Armstrong was like a god. George was ahead of his time even in his twilight years.

If you haven't heard much Bill Hicks & you love Carlin I would definitely urge you to check out some of Bill's stuff. They have recently put a few of his shows on Netflix. They had very similar comic & political philosophies

I'm not 100% sure. It started off with this huge monologue about Lance Armstrong which was hilarious (before the drug cheating came out) & was about how he's sick and tired of being told which heroes we should worship. I always have a chuckle & think back to George whenever Armstrong's name comes up. This was at the time when Armstrong was like a god. George was ahead of his time even in his twilight years.

If you haven't heard much Bill Hicks & you love Carlin I would definitely urge you to check out some of Bill's stuff. They have recently put a few of his shows on Netflix. They had very similar comic & political philosophies
Carlin's routine about airport security was eerily accurate more than 5 years before 9/11. The guy was much more than a comedian. Imagine the routines he would be writing today with Trump as president. Hicks too for that matter.

Carlin's routine about airport security was eerily accurate more than 5 years before 9/11. The guy was much more than a comedian. Imagine the routines he would be writing today with Trump as president. Hicks too for that matter.
they thought they had it good with Reagan & Bush senior. I can't comprehend what they would have come up with right now !

I actually think of George as a modern day philosopher. He made you think about the stuff he was laying down. It's just he was also as funny as *!

Yep. That's how he starts off his last special. "* Lance Armstrong. And while you're at it, * Tiger Woods too!"

I actually think of George as a modern day philosopher. He made you think about the stuff he was laying down. It's just he was also as funny as ****!
Yeah I got into Hicks first and then Carlin probably in the mid 90s. Both were way ahead of their time on social/political issues. I used to listen to a comedy show on RRR forget the name of it now. They used to play both regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I got into Hicks first and then Carlin probably in the mid 90s. Both were way ahead of their time on social/political issues. I used to listen to a comedy show on RRR forget the name of it now. They used to play both regularly.
That's where I first heard George. Unfortunately I missed his name. Luckily, the next week they played some more.

That's where I first heard George. Unfortunately I missed his name. Luckily, the next week they played some more.
exactly where I heard Bill for the first time. It was an afterwork drivetime show on RRR. I remember hearing Hicks segment about something or other, being completely blown away & then the host said that he had passed away years earlier. I was devastated when I heard that.

Visited the Espy today.
They retained the public bar, have a range of places to dine, really well done.
Different categories.
Would probably avoid the weekend when it's rowdy, but midweek is fine.
You don't sound like someone who graced the Espy in it's heyday.

Is instagram working again? The world is a dark place without chicks showing off **** and ass. I wonder how you old campaigners survived without it? SunshineTiger explain yourself old campaigner
My first job was in a camera shop , and when you put your film in to be processed , the photos came back and we had to check them for print quality, and even in those days of 120 roll film the quality was good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back