No Oppo Supporters The TAN 71 - A New Year, a new TAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope they ping Assange for the alleged rapes.
Then the data dump.
He disclosed the personal details of informers in the Taliban.
Attention-seeking POS.
I wonder what happened to his cat?
images (5).jpeg

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

My brother put this on a compilation cassette tape years ago (obviously :)) and he didn't know who it was. It was only once Shazam came along that I was able to source it. Cool little instrumental!

He's a great guitarist. Played with Thin Lizzy and toured with Pink Floyd for a few years, his White Flames stuff is goos. His biggest solo hit was probably this in the 80s.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
He's a great guitarist. Played with Thin Lizzy and toured with Pink Floyd for a few years, his White Flames stuff is goos. His biggest solo hit was probably this in the 80s.

It always reminded me of Hendrix's "1983".

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Hoos Why do musicians pay big money for vintage instruments? snowy has stuck with the old Gibson goldtop forever and I noticed his bass player is playing an vintage bass. Are they easier to play? Sound better? You would think with modern tech and all new instruments would s**t all over that 1950s tech in either case.
It must be something to do with the sound they get, or the way they're made, or the overall feel of them while being played. Or probably all three.

A lot of those older cats still use instruments from the '50's or early '60's.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It must be something to do with the sound they get, or the way they're made, or the overall feel of them while being played. Or probably all three.

A lot of those older cats still use instruments from the '50's or early '60's.
I reckon sound. I got a handbuilt valve pre amp that shits all over solid state. A mate of mine raves about vintage Gibson pickups and amps. To me progress has consisted of moar profit and conveniece and moar profit. also skills lost, so yes playable may be the factor. Just funny how most musicians prefer vintage axes. Could be wank factor too, but they dont seem w***ers? Snowy looks like he shops at Big W for clothing..
I may go back to school and do a phD on this. It needs to be sorted. The world really needs to know.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I think today with hipsters old is good. A mate of mine sold his Fender Bronco last year. To him it was a shity guitar, he sold it on gumtree and got a ton of buyers. The first dude tried to talk him down said he was Johnny Farnhams son or s**t. He fired up his computer showed him the interest and said take it now or * off. But I am talking well established musicians not trendy hipsters...why are vintage instruments better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back