No Oppo Supporters The TAN 73 - Home of the reigning premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you mean, had a look at IMDB.
Malek is in Mr Robot.
I will have a look.
One of my favourite new actors is Oscar Isaac.
Drive, Two Faces of January, Ex Machina, Star Wars, At Eternity's Gate.
Funnily enough resembles a young Pacino.

Recommend Inside Llewyn Davis, one of the best movies of this decade and my pick for best Coen Brothers film to date. He’s brilliant in it (also a wonderful Adam Driver cameo, before his career truly took off).

A talented actor.
Brilliant in Ex Machina.
Brilliant also in The Two Faces of January, a Patricia Highsmith crime novel.

I hope you get a chance to see The Conversation (1974).
Hackman is sensational.
Coppola wrote, produced and directed.
To think that Coppola also directed The Godfather (1972) and The Godfather II (1974) is amazing.
220px-Theconversation.jpg

How the feck you can call these people 'Farmers'...call them for what they truly are...'land degraders'...just check out what they have done with the land they manage and own...

it was in reply to a UK article on heatwaves caused by so called global warming.
And NO ONE even Dr Myers deny the global temp is in a cyclical increase.

When people with phd’s go by title doctor , you know they are insecure and bogus individuals. Just saying

Stay warm and safe over this weekend people. The weathers obviously gonna be pretty nasty. If you have to be on the road, be safe, be calm, drive to the conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an extreme metal fan (pun not intended). Started with Dad playing Sabbath, Zeppelin, Deep purple etc. Then when I hit high school and heard White zombie, Metallica and cannibal corpse I was changed forever. Original Opeth (not the current prog rock stuff), Gojira, Allegaeon etc. for the technical stuff. Old school metal for good pump up, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera and the like.
Death to all but metal! 🤘

I remember the first summer I had in Melbourne, 1967/68, the temperature was over 100 (37.78) on the old scale for what seemed like weeks on end... just sayin'

I remember the first summer I had in Melbourne, 1967/68, the temperature was over 100 (37.78) on the old scale for what seemed like weeks on end... just sayin'

I remember Winters in Melbourne, Spotswood, where the fog was so grey and thick it freaked me out walking to school i could only see a yard in front of me and the fog would hang around for hours! Airports would be closed...dull pale yellow car lights would drive pass me ever so slowly! And accidents!
I remember Winters in Melbourne where the frost was so thick and cold my dear departed Mum's washing on the washing line was freezing cold and stiff as cardboard i had trouble bending it with my icy fingers and got a whack over the ears for trying to do so!
I remember Winters in Melbourne where the frost was so cold and thick the grass would be covered and it looked like snow had fallen...and i would walk across it to school with the sound of the crunching grass sounding like i was walking on broken glass! The leaves on trees and shrubs you could break off in a easy snap!
I remember Winters in Melbourne where the motor cars were parked in the streets over night and the frost would cover the windscreens in icy thick sheets and their owners would be outside throwing buckets of hot/cold water over the windscreens to loosen it with large shards of ice cracking off. And their exhaust pipes belching grey smoke out the back. Every morning of Winter...everybody rugged up in coats, hats, gloves and scarves...
I remember Winters in Melbourne where puddles of water on the road and gutters were frozen miniature lakes of ice and were hard to crack when you walked on them, and still be there on the way home from school...
I remember Winters in Melbourne when the hail and rain was quite a regular thing with hail the size of marbles on the roads still unmelted in the shade as i walked home from school..
I remember Winters in Melbourne walking to school in my shorts/jumper and getting to school with a frozen dripping nose/ears...fingertips aching from the cold, holding my satchel...foggy breath exhaling out of my mouth like i was a 40 a day cigarette smoker...all for weeks on end...just sayin'

Cos everybody remembers the heat in Australia! It's been here from year dot! And water restrictions as well!
But how many remember the cold Melbourne Winters?!?!

I remember Winters in Melbourne, Spotswood, where the fog was so grey and thick it freaked me out walking to school i could only see a yard in front of me and the fog would hang around for hours! Airports would be closed...dull pale yellow car lights would drive pass me ever so slowly! And accidents!
I remember Winters in Melbourne where the frost was so thick and cold my dear departed Mum's washing on the washing line was freezing cold and stiff as cardboard i had trouble bending it with my icy fingers and got a whack over the ears for trying to do so!
I remember Winters in Melbourne where the frost was so cold and thick the grass would be covered and it looked like snow had fallen...and i would walk across it to school with the sound of the crunching grass sounding like i was walking on broken glass! The leaves on trees and shrubs you could break off in a easy snap!
I remember Winters in Melbourne where the motor cars were parked in the streets over night and the frost would cover the windscreens in icy thick sheets and their owners would be outside throwing buckets of hot/cold water over the windscreens to loosen it with large shards of ice cracking off. And their exhaust pipes belching grey smoke out the back. Every morning of Winter...everybody rugged up in coats, hats, gloves and scarves...
I remember Winters in Melbourne where puddles of water on the road and gutters were frozen miniature lakes of ice and were hard to crack when you walked on them, and still be there on the way home from school...
I remember Winters in Melbourne when the hail and rain was quite a regular thing with hail the size of marbles on the roads still unmelted in the shade as i walked home from school..
I remember Winters in Melbourne walking to school in my shorts/jumper and getting to school with a frozen dripping nose/ears...fingertips aching from the cold, holding my satchel...foggy breath exhaling out of my mouth like i was a 40 a day cigarette smoker...all for weeks on end...just sayin'
That's winter in Liverpool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back