No Oppo Supporters The TAN 73 - Home of the reigning premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent comments by the head of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) who issued an unprecedented rebuke to climate alarmists.

"Petteri Taalas, the secretary-general of the WMO, told Talouselämä magazine called for a calm and rational approach to the climate debate, and disagreed with those who are promoting end-of-the-world scenarios.

“Now we should stay calm and ponder what is really the solution to this problem,” Taalas told Talouselämä magazine. “It is not going to be the end of the world. The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore called Talaas’s remarks the “biggest crack in the alarmist narrative for a long time.”

“The meteorologists are real scientists and probably fed up with Greta Thunberg, Mann, Gore, & AOC catastrophists. Good on him,” Moore wrote on Twitter on Sept. 7. AOC is the acronym commonly used to refer to Ocasio-Cortez. The three others named in the message are Michael Mann, a climatologist, Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old Swedish student, and Al Gore, the former vice president.

Talaas pointed out that climate extremists are selectively picking out facts from the IPCC reports to fit their narrative. For example, Ocasio-Cortez and the movement she represents often refer to the 12-year deadline to end the use of fossil fuels. That 12-year timeline was selectively plucked from a range of 12 to 44 years in the IPCC’s special report, which states that “Global warming is likely to reach 1.5°C between 2030 and 2052 if it continues to increase at the current rate.”

“The IPCC reports have been read in a similar way to the Bible: you try to find certain pieces or sections from which you try to justify your extreme views. This resembles religious extremism,” Taalas said.

The vast majority of the climate models the IPCC uses as the basis for its predictions have repeatedly incorrectly forecast higher temperatures. According to an analysis by the Cato Institute, 105 of the 108 models predicted a higher surface temperature for the period between 1998 and 2014 than the temperature actually recorded.

Pretty dodgy news source the Epoch Times.

The group's news sites and YouTube channels have been criticized for spreading conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[11

Can they be recycled or do they became landfill
I don’t know. When you get a free replacement card they take the old one, perhaps they recycle them from there.
You can also just buy a new one yourself at a small cost and choose what happens to your old card but I’ve got no idea what’s in the cards and whether it can be recycled through the general system.

I don’t know. When you get a free replacement card they take the old one, perhaps they recycle them from there.
You can also just buy a new one yourself at a small cost and choose what happens to your old card but I’ve got no idea what’s in the cards and whether it can be recycled through the general system.
Can you transfer the cash balance from the old card to the new. Or do the campaigners keep it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you get the old balance on the new card if you get the free one. They obviously want you to do that so they must do something with them.
I'm interstate but I use my card when I go back to Melbourne. Can you post it in? They probably recycle them, that is send them to a big warehouse then a few months later send them to landfill.....all at the taxpayers expense.

I'm interstate but I use my card when I go back to Melbourne. Can you post it in? They probably recycle them, that is send them to a big warehouse then a few months later send them to landfill.....all at the taxpayers expense.
I wouldn’t have a clue, best to have a look on the myki website I reckon.

Get on the tram and if it doesn’t work and they approach you, plead interstate ignorance, say you have money on it and they’ll point you in the right direction.

Here's a bit of a Segway with climate change and Myki cards.

I was a train driver for 30 years and know for a fact that the power generated through the braking of the electric trains can be fed back into the grid with * all infrastructure investment. Believe me when I say it is a substantial amount, roughly 40% in savings. The amount of greenhouse emissions saved is huge. If the tonnage price of those emissions is around $50/tonne then there would be enough money to provide FREE public transport for everyone in this state, as well as funding the electrification of lines to Geelong, Seymour, Warragul (which we used to have until very recently) Backa me arse and Bendigo. The added bonus would be V/Line interchanges at those locations thereby removing the V/Line trains from the suburban network, reducing congestion and allowing a shitload of flexibility and more services. All this is possible and I'm flummoxed as to why it's not even mentioned.

Here's a bit of a Segway with climate change and Myki cards.

I was a train driver for 30 years and know for a fact that the power generated through the braking of the electric trains can be fed back into the grid with fu** all infrastructure investment. Believe me when I say it is a substantial amount, roughly 40% in savings. The amount of greenhouse emissions saved is huge. If the tonnage price of those emissions is around $50/tonne then there would be enough money to provide FREE public transport for everyone in this state, as well as funding the electrification of lines to Geelong, Seymour, Warragul (which we used to have until very recently) Backa me arse and Bendigo. The added bonus would be V/Line interchanges at those locations thereby removing the V/Line trains from the suburban network, reducing congestion and allowing a s**tload of flexibility and more services. All this is possible and I'm flummoxed as to why it's not even mentioned.

Electricity Bad , living in caves Good

Children lit the bushfires.
Meanwhile, Qld Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on an "important" visit to Switzerland "research" Olympic bid lel.
Frankly, these days, most governments have little money in the kitty to finance Olympics.
Just another slug on the taxpayer.

Last edited:
Children lit bushfires.
Meanwhile, Qld Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on an "important visit" to Switzerland "research" Olympic bid lel
Climate and Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back