No Oppo Supporters The TAN 76 - No toilet paper hoarders allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly the opposite of what happened
Pretty much. Can’t even fathom asking for a refund on my membership. Richmond need my money more than ever now. They can keep it as far as I’m concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

World health organisation is a ******* Chinese govt lacky , dumb campaigners .
It’s an arm of the UN who sell themselves to the highest bidder

Lol at the Chinese official saying there helping countries save lives , there ******* fault the world is in the position it is .

They've certainly caused a fair percentage of the world to actively try all alternatives to dealing with them in the future.

Unfortunately, they will come out of the crisis significantly financially better off than every other major country, so their 'belt & road' ambitions which preyed on countries in debt will probably suffer very little, and more than likely be massively enhanced because most of the countries they were targeting will be defaulting on their debt in coming months and begging for *anyone* to step in and offer whatever bad deal they can get. Few will like accepting Chinese *help*, but they'll have little choice.

The world does have an alternative, until the modern era it was common to have a regular 'jubilee' which reset the debt landscape and mitigated the worst consequences of too much money ending up in the hands of too few. It would stop China dead in its tracks if the rest of the world cooperated on a measure along these lines and our financial system (where the debt which caused the GFC has just been put off for a later time and will bite even harder next time) could be greatly reinvigorated.

Of course, the overwhelming number of democratic world governments are not really democracies, they are plutocracies, so this is extremely unlikely to happen.

I wish I could have more confidence that our plutocratic masters would choose patriotism and common sense over transferring yet more power and wealth to China, but these people didn't get where they are by acting for the common good over individual self interest. That's how we ended up in such a deep hole.

Still, the world has changed dramatically and all cards are on the table, so I hope the possibility at least gets serious discussion.

Thank goodness we're not in Europe or NY.
Worst case in Italy, Spain seems to be approximately 800 deaths per day.
Over two sets of fortnights that's about 25,000 deaths.
One fortnight is the incubation.
In New York, the worst would be about 500 deaths per day, that's 14,000.
Large numbers but thankfully not in the 100,000s of deaths.

They said a soccer match was a super spreader.
It was held on February 19.
Atalanta vs Valencia.

They've certainly caused a fair percentage of the world to actively try all alternatives to dealing with them in the future.

Unfortunately, they will come out of the crisis significantly financially better off than every other major country, so their 'belt & road' ambitions which preyed on countries in debt will probably suffer very little, and more than likely be massively enhanced because most of the countries they were targeting will be defaulting on their debt in coming months and begging for *anyone* to step in and offer whatever bad deal they can get. Few will like accepting Chinese *help*, but they'll have little choice.

The world does have an alternative, until the modern era it was common to have a regular 'jubilee' which reset the debt landscape and mitigated the worst consequences of too much money ending up in the hands of too few. It would stop China dead in its tracks if the rest of the world cooperated on a measure along these lines and our financial system (where the debt which caused the GFC has just been put off for a later time and will bite even harder next time) could be greatly reinvigorated.

Of course, the overwhelming number of democratic world governments are not really democracies, they are plutocracies, so this is extremely unlikely to happen.

I wish I could have more confidence that our plutocratic masters would choose patriotism and common sense over transferring yet more power and wealth to China, but these people didn't get where they are by acting for the common good over individual self interest. That's how we ended up in such a deep hole.

Still, the world has changed dramatically and all cards are on the table, so I hope the possibility at least gets serious discussion.

great write up Ray , unfortunately the Belt and Road inniative will soar, it will be interesting if Dan the Man will continue down this path, it would in the current climate be political suicide to be seen to be siding with China , alas our country has been sold out from under us.

interesting that on my face book. Account I am seeing ads for learning Mandarin, maybe Kevin in 07 had seen the writing on the wall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back