No Oppo Supporters The TAN 76 - No toilet paper hoarders allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the amount of money we poured into keeping foreign automotive corporations here, we could have gone a long way to subsidising our own automotive manufacturing industry and built cars Australian's actually want to buy. Holden lost loyalty because they weren't Australian anymore as much as anything (though there were plenty of other issues which also came from being controlled by a clueless US corporation).

The argument is made that our market is too small and too isolated to be cost effective, I'd argue that no isolated nation with a landmass as huge as ours can afford to be reliant on imports and the goodwill of foreign corporations for something as basic as transport.

If you nationalise the whole shebang - or just use a cooperative arrangement rather than a corporate one which is forced to provide constant dividends to investors - and don't limit manufacturing to solely cars, but include buses, trucks, military vehicles etc. then there's plenty of market for Australian manufacturing, not to mention scope for exporting - particularly on the heavy transport and military side of things.

You start fixing an economy like ours by strictly limiting foreign investment to only genuine partnership arrangements (as opposed to exploitation of our resources and zero profits staying here), then identifying where we leak enormous amounts of money to overseas corporations, plugging those holes and making sure the people know exactly who and what they're supporting with their purchasing choices.

Ahhhh, that it were all that easy.

I used to think that. Then I did some work in a place using IBM software and they used the Lotus equivalent to Office. I've never complained anywhere near as much about Office since. Lotus products were so bad. I think they've died now. I hope so, they were total sh*t. Free, but garbage.

Grew up with Lotus123. Set up many a programme for my business using it. I liked it. However, like most software, it's what you get used to (and then some *er changes it).

Ahhhh, that it were all that easy.

Which part is not possible and why?

I wouldn't go suggesting that recasting the nation's economy was "easy", but it is certainly possible. While there's currently no macro-level entire nation examples to draw from, there are plenty of micro-level examples from States within nations, local areas within states and businesses/cooperatives within all the above to draw upon.

If you criticise the Chinese regime in China, you know what the consequences are.
You don't have to be Stephen Hawking to work that one out.
But the CCP agents and their proxies threatened the Chinese political scholar in Australia who criticised their regime, home phone calls, mail, etc.
He was offered a security detail by the Australian Federal Police.

Age report says 100 medical staff are sent home from the hospital.
Hopefully, critically ill patients in other categories who don't have the virus can hang on despite the reduced health care.

Saturday arvo viewing sorted.

381b29935b261000e25bb31341eb3bb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowly getting through listening to my Jazz CD/Vinyl collection...heaps of company from Sasha...heaps of tea...no footy but life is still pretty damm good!
So's my corned beef on rye bread with hot english mustard sanga! :)
When I want a break there's gardening and Motortrend TV from the good old USA on VPN watching both Gas Monkey and Misfit Garage and car restros!
Jeez the Yanks know how to do a good Ute Resto! :)
Thank you to all the Tiger supporters that still pop in on here with your comments...feels like the footy season is still rolling on...and still unbeaten! :)

German HIV expert Prof Hendrik Streeck said the new virus might not be spread on surfaces so easily as first thought.
Prof Streeck said the home of an infected family his team visited "did not have any live virus on any surface". (Telegraph)
So it must be lethal in terms of air transmission.
The soccer match in Bergamo was a super spreader.
Cheltenham races festival in Britain was held over four days, many infected.
_methode_times_prod_web_bin_ed08ff4e-750f-11ea-be30-097bd8237f0d.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

German HIV expert Prof Hendrik Streeck said the new virus might not be spread on surfaces so easily as first thought.
Prof Streeck said the home of an infected family his team visited "did not have any live virus on any surface". (Telegraph)
So it must be lethal in terms of air transmission.
The soccer match in Bergamo was a super spreader.
Must have been a close and exciting match that got the lungs working!

Slowly getting through listening to my Jazz CD/Vinyl collection...heaps of company from Sasha...heaps of tea...no footy but life is still pretty damm good!
So's my corned beef on rye bread with hot english mustard sanga! :)
When I want a break there's gardening and Motortrend TV from the good old USA on VPN watching both Gas Monkey and Misfit Garage and car restros!
Jeez the Yanks know how to do a good Ute Resto! :)
Thank you to all the Tiger supporters that still pop in on here with your comments...feels like the footy season is still rolling on...and still unbeaten! :)

my wife was able to grab a corn beef the other day. I can’t wait to smash into it at some stage. Yum.

my wife was able to grab a corn beef the other day. I can’t wait to smash into it at some stage. Yum.

I love cooking it real slow with a bunch of aromatics for hours until it just falls apart on the tongs when you finally get around to fishing it out.

Made me peckish just typing that...fortunately I did a double batch of Jamaican rundown last night which just needs a heat through, bloody great prices on quality seafood ATM!

Snuck out to pick up some Sri Lankan takeaway... delicious.
About to have a family trivia night, remotely.

hmmmm

British Cheltenham races held over four days.
250,000 spectators.
One for the toffs too, Camilla's ex is positive.
Remember the Grim Reaper ad for AIDS (1987).

Last edited:
I love cooking it real slow with a bunch of aromatics for hours until it just falls apart on the tongs when you finally get around to fishing it out.

Made me peckish just typing that...fortunately I did a double batch of Jamaican rundown last night which just needs a heat through, bloody great prices on quality seafood ATM!

i love it with mash and steamed veges. Old school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back