No Oppo Supporters The TAN 77 - Where Social Distancing is encouraged

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to create the ultimate pumpkin base soup the last few months, it's a mission.

Tonight, basic onion/celery/carrot/garlic mirepoix, slow roasted Marina Di Chioggia pumpkin, finished with a few toasted almond pieces, dark rye garlic croutons and a nice dollop of sour cream.

15 minutes to wait, been salivating for hours.

Think you ruined the entire dish with the almonds

Very good.

I'm 10 minutes in and it just about sums up the the lack of knowledge and information on the subject matter at the moment.

I've asked the same question here. What inequality and injustice do current indigenous Australians actualy face?

Hard to get a detailed answer except for the usual footy players abused on social media etc.

I'm sure there's more, but off hand I cannot think of any.
You dont think a persons socio economic situation affects their opportunities in life?

One of the issues related to race here that doesn’t get highlighted is how frustrating it is for indigenous people to reach out or for people to reach out to them due to the fear of being labeled and stereotyped by do gooders who don’t know what’s happening.
I have quite a few indigenous friends and one close one has a brother who is a former AFL player and he along with a one of the greatest ever indigenous players are cooked on the ice.
Their family and friends feel helpless and have seen people who are willing to help pushed away by pressure from the outside as being racist for thinking they are on ice and need their “ privileged help” yet they are and need help.
It’s bullshit.

I've been trying to create the ultimate pumpkin base soup the last few months, it's a mission.

Tonight, basic onion/celery/carrot/garlic mirepoix, slow roasted Marina Di Chioggia pumpkin, finished with a few toasted almond pieces, dark rye garlic croutons and a nice dollop of sour cream.

15 minutes to wait, been salivating for hours.
Beef stock, might sound wrong but it tastes so right

But the list is growing and you are triggered by their response.

Out of interest, have you ever lived and worked up north or outback with indigenous Australuans and gotten to know them?
I’m not triggered at all?

Yeah I went on a mission trip to Epenarra and spent a month living with the indigenous community when I was a teenager while helping build a new community centre

My Uncle is also extremely respected in
Arnhem Land living in the top end for a number of years help record their language I spend time with the people up there as well it was one of the greatest experiences of my life

Here is aon my uncle and my family’s relationship with david gulpilil who is one of Australia’s most famous indigenous actors
He even has an entire chapter dedicated to him In David’s autobiography

It's amazing what you can learn when you read something other than extreme right-wing twitter feeds.

https://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?q=indigenous+disadvantage&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

See you in a few weeks.

Or tomorrow, pretending no convincing evidence exists.
I've read many articles and reports your links refers to, and I've been mentioning them here, especially with the views of Jacinta Price.
The weekend protest DID NOT address any of the disadvantage you just posted.
So thank you Ray for backing my point.

Ray, (and Muddiemoose) would you vote YES or NO ?

20200608_132411.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I love using meat stocks in veggie soups, trying to keep this one vego though...need more killer vego dishes for those times when you have to accommodate the meat deprived. ;)

reckon a veg stock made with some dried mushrooms adds that umami in place a of a meat stock

Yeah, I love using meat stocks in veggie soups, trying to keep this one vego though...need more killer vego dishes for those times when you have to accommodate the meat deprived. ;)
Give this a go F818F187-8E7F-4645-A9E7-7271B8AF417A.jpeg
Jamie oliver
I seved it up without the fruit and just had a kick ass chutney instead of that and the salsa stuff.

Its really good, I’ll even give it the Molly’s
“do yourself a favour”
👍

reckon a veg stock made with some dried mushrooms adds that umami in place a of a meat stock
Sounds good.
On a boring day I use to head into preston market and theres a massive Asian grocery store on the train station side.
The game is my kid picks an ingredient and I have to make something to eat outve of it without using the internet.

Try cookin with dried bamboo fungus mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good.
On a boring day I use to head into preston market and theres a massive Asian grocery store on the train station side.
The game is my kid picks an ingredient and I have to make something to eat outve of it without using the internet.

Try cookin with dried bamboo fungus mate

didnt know there was such a thing lol

I’m not triggered at all?

Yeah I went on a mission trip to Epenarra and spent a month living with the indigenous community when I was a teenager while helping build a new community centre

My Uncle is also extremely respected in
Arnhem Land living in the top end for a number of years help record their language I spend time with the people up there as well it was one of the greatest experiences of my life

Here is aon my uncle and my family’s relationship with david gulpilil who is one of Australia’s most famous indigenous actors
He even has an entire chapter dedicated to him In David’s autobiography

Have you watched Charlie's Country?
Brilliant movie worth watching.
NITV often show it.

didnt know there was such a thing lol
Theres great stuff in there unusual fruits and veg and stuff in packets you have to ask what it is.
One of the rules to the game is if she cant say any of the words on the packet she cant choose it

Theres great stuff in there unusual fruits and veg and stuff in packets you have to ask what it is.
One of the rules to the game is if she cant say any of the words on the packet she cant choose it

great way to teach food and culture

Have you watched Charlie's Country?
Brilliant movie worth watching.
NITV often show it.
Brilliant film

Here’s an abstract of the chapter about my uncle if you are curious it’s a great book and well worth the read

In this extract my Nan who featured in my story about finding a $50 note at the zoo makes an appearance :p

Double checked the link and it’s playing up

Edit 2: Link fixed

Yeah, agreed mate, I backed out of that thread after a page or two.

The 200-gamer one's solid gold.
What was the 200 gamer one? And Kwai Chang Caine i still don’t see the Anthony Rock reference?
I’m not very good at this clearly!

What was the 200 gamer one? And Kwai Chang Caine i still don’t see the Anthony Rock reference?

all good amigo

Adios

Soup was magic, might try a little leek action in the mix soon.

I've read many articles and reports your links refers to...

I'd be way more willing to bet on a Gold Coast three-peat than I would the truth of that claim.

Give this a goView attachment 888732
Jamie oliver
I seved it up without the fruit and just had a kick ass chutney instead of that and the salsa stuff.

Its really good, I’ll even give it the Molly’s
“do yourself a favour”
👍

Aw, nice one, I'll rotate that little gem 90o and put it on the list to try. :thumbsu:

This was it mate:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/worst-200-game-player.508577/

You might need to tape up the old ribs or at least make sure you've blown your nose first...;)

I'd be way more willing to bet on a Gold Coast three-peat than I would the truth of that claim.

I've repeatedly referenced the biggest indigenous issues are that of rape, incest, murder DV, alcohol and drugs in the communities, a place where they are truly disadvantaged, l pointed out 70% of males and females are incarcerated because of DV, I posted links to the National Deaths In Custody Program that statistically supported those issues, and took umbrage at the focus on the weekends BS demands that totally ignored those issues.

Also, you didn't answer if you would have ticked YES or NO ?

What is it??

Brilliant film

Here’s an abstract of the chapter about my uncle if you are curious it’s a great book and well worth the read

In this extract my Nan who featured in my story about finding a $50 note at the zoo makes an appearance :p

Double checked the link and it’s playing up

Edit 2: Link fixed

Thanks so much for sharing, Muddie, was an awesome read, need to get the book now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back