No Oppo Supporters The TAN 78 - Old Men Yell at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an amazing catalogue of songs they had.

And also brilliant when Whispering Jack briefly took over.

My fave LRB song.

Smooth as silk.

2nd fave

Never been a fan of farhnham
Cool change and
It's a long way to where I'm going (8 minute version with orchestra)

The JOK song "Real Wild Child" rejuvenated Iggy Pop's career in the 1980s.
He was down and out.
The album was co-produced by Bowie in Switzerland.

Last edited:

Never been a fan of farhnham
Cool change and
It's a long way to where I'm going (8 minute version with orchestra)
Yes. The eight-minute string version is tremendous.
Briggs still lives in Melbourne.
Shorrock has a Sydney harbourfront mansion apparently, a sandstone pile.
Would be worth good coin.
Although the group had split, they owned the royalties from the LRB songs, roughly 20 smash hit singles in the US alone.

Grand parents had this on 45 and Shout.

One of my regrets is not being in the JOK vintage, so I missed out on seeing him live.

Have about half dozen albums but this is my treasure. Purchased in 1989 and naturally has Mockingbird with Juliana.

Brilliant discography, increadible sound quality and production, especially one side live at the Playroom in Surfers Paradise

20201120_210101.jpg

Last edited:
Cool Change is my fave LRB song and one of my fave alltime anyone songs and I’m usually a headbanger but if I ever win lotto in the near future I’m throwing a party and bringing The Lime Spiders out of retirement for one night.(per week for the first month after I win)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw a young woman today, looked in her 20s, in all the latest expensive fitness gear.
Athleisure they call it.
The Bec Judd type Jaggad clothing.
She was hobbling along the street with what looked like a hip injury.
If you have a hip injury in your 20s, imagine what it would be like in your 50s, 60s.
They overdo the exercise due to the pressure of marketing, Instagram model thinness.
My friend was an amateur tennis player in his 20s, played on the concrete courts.
Did the big "slam dunk" type power serves and all that in his youth, has a lifetime of spinal disc surgery, 30 years of pain.

Cool Change is my fave LRB song and one of my fave alltime anyone songs and I’m usually a headbanger but if I ever win lotto in the near future I’m throwing a party and bringing The Lime Spiders out of retirement for one night.(per week for the first month after I win)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My first live music experience was ACDC supported by Mississippi. In 75 When Shorrock took the stage he said we've changed our name to LRB. Very good pop rock of LRB, Sharpies up the back, Speakers just about falling off stage. LRB were never my style and pub rock masters ACDC did nothing good after Bon.
Caught a couple of acts at Dallas Brookes Hall. Ry Cooder etc then when I was 18 it was Universities LaTrobe, Melbourne RMIT & Festival Hall for live music

Last edited:
Saw a young woman today, looked in her 20s, in all the latest expensive fitness gear.
Athleisure they call it.
If you have a hip injury in your 20s, imagine what it would be like in your 50s, 60s.
They overdo the exercise due to the pressure of marketing, Instagram model thinness.
My friend was an amateur tennis player in his 20s, played on the concrete courts.
Did the big "slam dunk" type power serves and all that in his youth, has a lifetime of spinal disc surgery, 30 years of pain.
for every one of these instances, there's also an active 60 year old who still exercises (just usually at a lesser intensity) as compared to when they were younger.

Athleisure they call it.

yeah im struggling with knees and now a hip problem, would i change anything? only to listen to my surgeon when he says no soccer 18 months it meant 6 for me.....lol, but im paying for it now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, they overdo the exercise stuff and marketing these days.
Remember the old concrete tennis courts of yesteryear.
Leaping up for a smash shot, "power serve" and all that.
My friend has lifetime spinal disc agony, industrial scale painkillers.

Should rename it.
Dusty Killed the Cat.

Surprisingly, again I hear you say
Guess what, guess what, Dusty killed the cat
I'm telling you I know where it's at
Dustys everywhere to be found
Open your eyes and look around (Danger)
Me Me Me Yeah Yeah Yeah

Yes, they overdo the exercise stuff and marketing these days.
Remember the old concrete tennis courts of yesteryear.
Leaping up for a smash shot, "power serve" and all that.
My friend has lifetime spinal disc agony, industrial scale painkillers.
I had a summer job putting entouscas courts uin schools & tennis clubs in the mid 70s. Clay, still hard but a bit of soft slidey material on top. Not as soft as grass & never played much tennis but god, every amateur injures themselves playing sport. Surfing, golf, basketball, skiing etc. Just do them less extremely over time and they are still fun.

Last edited:
On ABC News, they showed the shark thrashing in the water at Cable Beach in Broome, where the fatal shark attack was.
It was going berserk.
Looked like a washing machine, going one thousand times faster.
A human being wouldn't stand a chance.

Was doing shopping today for elderly mum and saw a man today climbing into one of those charity collection bins and nicking stuff.
Realise some people are on Struggle Street but there are charity services available.
Bizarre sight.
It was a little frightening to be honest don't know if they're on drugs.
You don't say anything of reproach because they might snap at you.

Last edited:
I reckon it’s a huge ask to let tennis players from across the planet come to Melbourne for the Aus open. We’ve all just come out of an extended period of lockdown to ensure everyone’s safety. Sorry but it’s too big a risk for me. They’ve had positive tests in tennis bubbles at other tournaments already.

I reckon it’s a huge ask to let tennis players from across the planet come to Melbourne for the Aus open. We’ve all just come out of an extended period of lockdown to ensure everyone’s safety. Sorry but it’s too big a risk for me. They’ve had positive tests in tennis bubbles at other tournaments already.
Too risky especially if they allow their team to join.

Plus a few players aren't happy with the quarantine rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back