No Oppo Supporters The TAN 79

Remove this Banner Ad

Karp3_dm

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What were your views when the Hawke government began the process of reducing tariff protection for our manufacturing industry which is now non-existent with countless job losses?

What were your views when the Hawke government re-introduced tertiary education fees which meant if you wanted to work in a professional field you had to get into debt before you even earnt your first dollar?

What were your views when the Howard government brought "Work Choices" back to life and effectively decentralised and casualised the workforce to the point where job security has gone out the window?

I can go on and on about pensions, transport, health, etc. Governments have been interfering with our lives more and more over the decades. These vaccine mandates are no different from any other interference.

Djokovic is a flog who thinks he is exempt from the day to day regulations governing the common man. Fancy a Serbian telling us what to do. LOL.
Put this campaigner on a plane and F him Off from here.
To be honest I have tried to stay away from politics all my life, only until the start of covid I started to pay more attention. I did live abroad for 8 years during my 20’s & early 30’s tho

I couldn’t give a fu** about Novak, it’s not about him personally
It’s much bigger than that

I want vaccine mandates and passports ended
They are dividing and destroying this country

Nobby

???
Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
My post is real, from Thai nationals trying to work and get to their home from BKK and the current Thai travel restrictions that are available freely on govt travel web.
Thai's are not that happy that they are ruled by military. The police system is far from consistent, so they are largely afraid.

Not to put it all on Thailand, getting back to Australia comes with its own Quarantines and tests.

Your ex Pat Australian citizen living in Bangers / Patts may have a different story.

A tip of the hat to a quite few Tigers forum posters. This is a tough time. Our politicians are crap, but we are big boys, girls and others? We'll get through this. The sense of support is not lost on me. Thanks.
The main one I watch is talking about coming back to Oz for a short stay in March, I'd be surprised if he does.

He has been travelling, via car and bus quite regularly, been up to Chang Mai, Chang Rai, Koh Samui, Hua Hin and regularly travels between Pattaya and BKK. When he's in a car, a Thai girl drives him, and they haven't had any problem getting to other provinces with the correct paperwork, a negative PCR test and in some cases a photo of a Negative RAT.

Was amazed when he mentioned about their speeding fines, she drives way too fast for him, the fine is 500 baht, no points lost and you can only get one fine a day!!!

I hope you're able to get up their very shortly, besides wanting to get back to the USA to see my best mate, I really want to get up to Thailand for an extended holiday. I haven't been since 2003 and have been wanting to the last 2 years.

Ma Xiao Long

Team Captain
Sep 2, 2017
Mitcham
AFL Club
Richmond
Tested positive yesterday. Had a bit of a headache, but didn't think anything of it. No other symptoms. No idea how long I've had it or where I got it from, but I'm thinking it was either the food court in Box Hill or public transport. Must be a lot of people walking around with it who don't know they have it.

Edit - not the first time the Box Hill Central food court has made me sick and it won't be the last

Last edited:

Masotiger

Team Captain
Feb 12, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
To be honest I have tried to stay away from politics all my life, only until the start of covid I started to pay more attention. I did live abroad for 8 years during my 20’s & early 30’s tho

I couldn’t give a fu** about Novak, it’s not about him personally
It’s much bigger than that

I want vaccine mandates and passports ended
They are dividing and destroying this country
Your point is valid.

I have no faith in governments of either persuasion, there is very little difference between Labor and Libs nowadays. In fact the issues that separate them are more social issues than economic. Senior public servants get paid more than the PM. Let alone senior executives in private industry. Politics only attracts the ego trippers today. The majority of them useless.

It is time to end vaccine mandates. The overwhelming majority of Australians are vaccinated and those who choose not to can run the risk. We can't have 2 classes of people in this country. We have to learn to live with this thing.

The primary reason people should get vaccinated is health. It should not be to go to work or the pub or the gym. The objective should be risk minimisation.

As I sit here right now I am Covid positive. My daughter contracted the virus somewhere. My wife started to show symptoms on Monday. I have no symptoms at all. On Tuesday my wife and I got tested. She got a positive result text to her on Wednesday. Both of them have been a little sick, but manageable, I've been steering clear of both of them as much as possible. Yesterday I pumped some weights in the garage and went for a run to sweat it out in the heat. Came back feeling a million dollars. Text comes through - I'm positive. Wow. I don't feel thing. Nothing.

My point is, each person is affected and reacts differently. There is no one size fits all. I am vaccinated x 2. I have heard of unvaxxed having minimal affect from Covid, and I have heard of 3 x vaxxed being adversely affected. Each individual should be allowed to chart their own course and minimise their risk in their own way.

I'll park any other comment on that campaigner Djokovic. I think I made my views clear in my previous post.

boxxie2022

All Australian
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Got to love Marshall at the press conference today, first he tells us 6 people have died in the last 24 hours with covid, then about 1 minute later he says how pleased he is the number of people in ICU has reduced by 7 people, what a ******* moron we have running the state here
Ana yesterday was nearly in tears saying 6 people died then followed with we are pulling the border barricades down. No need for passes etc

Karp3_dm

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Your point is valid.

I have no faith in governments of either persuasion, there is very little difference between Labor and Libs nowadays. In fact the issues that separate them are more social issues than economic. Senior public servants get paid more than the PM. Let alone senior executives in private industry. Politics only attracts the ego trippers today. The majority of them useless.

It is time to end vaccine mandates. The overwhelming majority of Australians are vaccinated and those who choose not to can run the risk. We can't have 2 classes of people in this country. We have to learn to live with this thing.

The primary reason people should get vaccinated is health. It should not be to go to work or the pub or the gym. The objective should be risk minimisation.

As I sit here right now I am Covid positive. My daughter contracted the virus somewhere. My wife started to show symptoms on Monday. I have no symptoms at all. On Tuesday my wife and I got tested. She got a positive result text to her on Wednesday. Both of them have been a little sick, but manageable, I've been steering clear of both of them as much as possible. Yesterday I pumped some weights in the garage and went for a run to sweat it out in the heat. Came back feeling a million dollars. Text comes through - I'm positive. Wow. I don't feel thing. Nothing.

My point is, each person is affected and reacts differently. There is no one size fits all. I am vaccinated x 2. I have heard of unvaxxed having minimal affect from Covid, and I have heard of 3 x vaxxed being adversely affected. Each individual should be allowed to chart their own course and minimise their risk in their own way.

I'll park any other comment on that campaigner Djokovic. I think I made my views clear in my previous post.
Exactly, well said
Everyone does react differently, sure the vaccine helps for most but it should be a choice

It’s gone way too far now, every industry is short staffed and under the pump

End these mandates now as clearly the vaccine isn’t stopping transmission and people need their jobs back and we as a country need them working those jobs

hope your family makes a full and speedy recover mate, keeping pumping those weightsπŸ’ͺ

Wooden Robot

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2019
Sutton Grange
AFL Club
Richmond
Open your eyes and look from the outside, I have many friends from USA, Thailand, Singapore, England, Canada

They all laughing at us, our government and our draconian covid rules
Saying how do we put up with it
This is their words, not mine

Intriguing.
Without a shadow of a doubt, probably just under 50 per cent of my Facebook friends/acquaintances - all 1200 of them - are American or Canadian (along with the odd Brit and African) due to years of travelling America.
Can vouch that, outside my nephew and sister-in-law, I have fielded all but three inquiries - from the one person - re our COVID rules and lockdowns.
Your experience may be different but I call bullshit on us being a laughing stock.
That goes double for all the virtual signaling by some about us being a laughing stock over the Djokovic fiasco, to which I have received not one inquiry from anyone overseas. It's nonsense to suggest the world thinks we are a laughing stock.
The rest of the world has more than enough going on in their own backyard to worry about a country 10,000 and 20,000 miles away.

I'll add, in contrast to COVID, I had literally dozens - 150 or more - re the bushfires in late 2019-early 2020.

JackGraham

Mr. Hardwick made to eat crow
Nov 1, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
novax.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFCGloryJC

The Renaissance of RFC
Jun 13, 2018
Italy rfc
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter, City
New Tent Embassy, Baz!
Not gluing themselves, unlike Extinction Rebellion.

Last edited:

RFCGloryJC

The Renaissance of RFC
Jun 13, 2018
Italy rfc
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter, City
I don't get too worked up on politics, as a rule.
Elections, by and large, are decided by the swinging voters.
They tend to vote on the state of the economy.
Economic conditions.
I work as a carer, do not have time to squander on navel gazing, not getting worked up about it.
End of the day, any form of extremism is counter-productive.

Tiges1229

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't get too worked up on politics, as a rule.
Elections, by and large, are decided by the swinging voters.
They tend to vote on the state of the economy.
Economic conditions.
I work as a carer, do not have time to squander on navel gazing, not getting worked up about it.
End of the day, any form of extremism is counter-productive.

Unfortunately politicians are all campaigners , bottom of barrel gutter trash .

RFCGloryJC

The Renaissance of RFC
Jun 13, 2018
Italy rfc
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter, City
They're talking of Boris Johnson resigning.
Doesn't matter.
British Labour has no chance in the next federal election, anyway, in 2024.
The Tories have 360 seats to 198.
The Tories broke through the "red wall". Traditional Labour voters in the north, their employment was undercut by cheap labour from Eastern Europe, they changed to the Tories.
The academics and journalists carry on but it's meaningless.
Labour would have to gain more than 80 seats, Buckley's chance.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Just reading around 100,000 people who went to the trouble of getting a PCR test, some going back 3 days in a row, waiting for hours, simply now won't even get a result. So don't know even though they had symptoms...had because it was a week ago now, can't get the doc to get the out of work payments. What a fk up!

It would not have been difficult and I can't believe it wasn't done 2 years ago, to say to the testing centres, "if the state gets 10,000 cases a day, how many can you process?" "sh*te, only that many. We need to organise and ramp up the testing and analysis labs just in case".

Mindboggling the numpties in charge and their incompetence.

Tiges1229

Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Just reading around 100,000 people who went to the trouble of getting a PCR test, some going back 3 days in a row, waiting for hours, simply now won't even get a result. So don't know even though they had symptoms...had because it was a week ago now, can't get the doc to get the out of work payments. What a fk up!

It would not have been difficult and I can't believe it wasn't done 2 years ago, to say to the testing centres, "if the state gets 10,000 cases a day, how many can you process?" "sh*te, only that many. We need to organise and ramp up the testing and analysis labs just in case".

Just like the 4,000 extra ICU beds that were promised to be done 2 years ago πŸ˜‚ . I’ve got a mate like that I call him gonnnna , gonna do this gonna do that , he ends up doing Jack sh*t .

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

You know what stinks.Vic manufacturer had the capabilities to make 6mil rat kits per week.Was rejected.The yanks took up the offer while we once again rely on these kits from....yep China.
Donna Dan strikes again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad